James Monroe at Bluefield

MavsRock

Guest BEAVERTAIL

well i can only go by his word... and either way it was still desrepectful...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree that it was a juvenile thing to do. Key word being "juvenile".

For what it's worth so I can end my participation in this thread (since it's turned into LOTS OF PAGES), I do RESPECT Bluefield's program. I respect their players, their coaching staff, and most (but not all) of their posters. Their field and stadium rule. I have family and friends in Mercer County -- in particular, Bluefield. My mom grew up in Mercer County. I had a family member that played football for Bluefield back in their AAA days. Maybe one day the disrespectful bashing and name calling will end, but at this point, I'm beginning to think that is just wishful thinking. Despite that, best of luck to both Bluefield and James Monroe on Friday night. I hope for a safe game. And I hope it's a good one. And may the best team win.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh I agree that it was a juvenile thing to do. Key word being "juvenile".

For what it's worth so I can end my participation in this thread (since it's turned into LOTS OF PAGES), I do RESPECT Bluefield's program. I respect their players, their coaching staff, and most (but not all) of their posters. Their field and stadium rule. I have family and friends in Mercer County -- in particular, Bluefield. My mom grew up in Mercer County. I had a family member that played football for Bluefield back in their AAA days. Maybe one day the disrespectful bashing and name calling will end, but at this point, I'm beginning to think that is just wishful thinking. Despite that, best of luck to both Bluefield and James Monroe on Friday night. I hope for a safe game. And I hope it's a good one. And may the best team win.

[/ QUOTE ]

i really not get overly angry about this thread till a non JM fan stepped on my toes a bit with the "lindside boys are faster than bluefield" Jm is an good team, and i enjoy this game. I have a lot of friends from monroe county and my family is from monroe county. We actually own a place in Lindside and Rock Camp. Ill even be there on saturday win or lose to do a little bowhunting...

No excuse....just true. As I said...it will be a hard faught game. The offense isn't weird, it just isn't "new age". They hide the ball well and block very well. I'm proud of all southern WV schools who are competitive and successful. I just think Monroe wins unless they are intimidated. Bluefield sometimes talks a little too much...certain players anyway. That can come back and bite.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

No excuse....just true. As I said...it will be a hard faught game. The offense isn't weird, it just isn't "new age". They hide the ball well and block very well. I'm proud of all southern WV schools who are competitive and successful. I just think Monroe wins unless they are intimidated. Bluefield sometimes talks a little too much...certain players anyway. That can come back and bite.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok buddy... how bout you stop talkng out of you a** and start talking with some sense. you make up a bnch of bull and then decide to post it on this board. its fine that you think that you believe monroe will win.. thats your opinion. but dont come on here and say bluefield talks to much. that doesnt happen. i have only seen 1 unsportmanlike conduct penalty the whole season and it was questionable. this is a displined team by freddy simon. until you have quotes and names dont come on here and say stuff like that. if you read the papers you know bluefield replies to every game with the usual cliche, "its just another game" and "we just have to execute" if you have read anything that ansel ponder has said he gives credit to his line qb and god every time.

i dont see how you say bluefield talks to much...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has this guy even been to a Bluefield game this year?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Has this guy even been to a Bluefield game this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, he's too busy watching Montcalm get blasted on the gridiron...

[ QUOTE ]

MavsRock and family wish the boys from James Monroe good luck as they arrive at Mitchell Stadium...

11tractor.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

This'll probably make you laugh, but James Monroe is the only place I know of that someone actually drove a tractor to the prom, happened about 4 or 5 years ago, wasn't me, but I know the guy who did it.

If you've seen one James Monroe team, you've seen them all.

Weak schedule - check

Archaic Single Wing offense - check

Top seed in playoffs - check

Early exit from playoffs - check

No state title or state title game appearance - check

------------------------

Bluefield went out before JM did last year - check

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yall lost because you missed an extra point. I solved your problem. I was at the Bluefield-v-JM basketball game up there last year. This kid got dunked on or something pathetic, and he kicked the ball out of anger and it traveled all the way to the other baseline! Maybe you should recruit him to the football team, because we all know the level of your kicker's play. Wait...you all do have a kicker right? Or do you somehow kick it out of that ancient offense. I bet you all do drop kicks don't ya.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should recruit him to the football team, because we all know the level of your kicker's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You talk'in about that field goal Dalton Pritt made up at Bluefield 2 years ago that won it? I know, it was a thing of beauty wasn't it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you should recruit him to the football team, because we all know the level of your kicker's play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You talk'in about that field goal Dalton Pritt made up at Bluefield 2 years ago that won it? I know, it was a thing of beauty wasn't it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't speaking of two years ago. I was talking about last year's post season. Get is straight. I really hate when people go way back to a situation I am not talking about.

LMAO...........not seen a Montcalm in years. I've seen plenty of Bluefield, Graham, Monroe....so forth. Yes Bluefield has one mouthy idiot that I know of and he talks way too much. Get over it....your precious beavers aren't perfect or the best ever. Be glad the team from the north was stupid enough to pass at the end of the game with a lead or that wouldn't have been a state championship either. I've always watched bluefield....know lots of people who played there and they will admit the stupidit you deny.

[ QUOTE ]

the face was painted black. HAVE SOME BALLS AND ADMIT IT! so dont talk to anyone about class!

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all, I'm not a guy so I can't do the one thing you told me to do. That's not going to happen, no way, no how. blush.gif

As for the doll, all I can say is I personally saw the doll as I was walking out that night. Walked within 10 feet of the stupid thing. I know what it was made of. I saw that it had a face drawn on it. And then I asked my daughter about it on the way home since she's a James Monroe student and I figured she'd know what the story was behind it. That's when I found out what it was, that it had been around for several weeks and for other games. Best that I can tell, I'm guessing it was meant to represent a defeated opponent. That's all. And I'M DONE TALKING ABOUT THIS STUPID DOLL!!!! It wasn't meant with anymore disrespect than some of the signs/banners that cheerleaders and pep clubs create and hang up each week for games. Can we quit fighting over dolls now??

[ QUOTE ]

LMAO...........not seen a Montcalm in years. I've seen plenty of Bluefield, Graham, Monroe....so forth. Yes Bluefield has one mouthy idiot that I know of and he talks way too much. Get over it....your precious beavers aren't perfect or the best ever. Be glad the team from the north was stupid enough to pass at the end of the game with a lead or that wouldn't have been a state championship either. I've always watched bluefield....know lots of people who played there and they will admit the stupidit you deny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awwwwwwww, sounds like someone hasn't won a state title and they're a little bitter.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you have some jealousy issues....

and anyone who knows beaver football knows it was stupid to pass in that situation.... but we made the plays neccessary to win.

how bout you start giving credit where credit is due.

you can start by actually meeting the player you say you hate... you might be surprised by what you hear. dont judge a person till you meet them.

and by the way the beavers are perfect to this point... with a 7 and 0 record...

LOL love to see you gettin pissy! No bitterness here. I am just an area spectator. I have no allegiances to any school. I go see lots of them play and I do choose some favorties week to week due to a number of things. I was simply answering your who has a state championship blah blah crap that was sent before. I have a friend that was on one of your state champ teams.......really awesome guy. This is someone that is more of what Bluefield should be like. I usually cheer for the beavers....depending on who they play. Not this week though.

[ QUOTE ]

It makes since.. Everyone wants to see an upset. Thats why lots of "fans" are always agianst them... Lets see the best dominating team go down.. Kind of like the Pats or Colts in the NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down blfd is not in that category nor in elite national high school status either, they are a dominating area team though.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

It makes since.. Everyone wants to see an upset. Thats why lots of "fans" are always agianst them... Lets see the best dominating team go down.. Kind of like the Pats or Colts in the NFL

[/ QUOTE ]

Slow down blfd is not in that category nor in elite national high school status either, they are a dominating area team though.

[/ QUOTE ]

State.