Whos the areas best offensive player

rvtne216

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

yeah Berraras is big and is a fullback, but the reason he gets 100 yrd games is because he is used as a RB. if they used him as an actual fullback, i feel he would be more effective opening up holes for other runners. he still is vulnerable in his legs and is definitely not the best offensive player in the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do they not use him as a fullback? he runs straight up the middle and gets this yardage and not to mention that defenses key in on him bc of what he does we would be crazy to use him as a running back

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

yeah Berraras is big and is a fullback, but the reason he gets 100 yrd games is because he is used as a RB. if they used him as an actual fullback, i feel he would be more effective opening up holes for other runners. he still is vulnerable in his legs and is definitely not the best offensive player in the area.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do they not use him as a fullback? he runs straight up the middle and gets this yardage and not to mention that defenses key in on him bc of what he does we would be crazy to use him as a running back

[/ QUOTE ]

What fullback do you know of that gets 20 to 30 carries a game? He is ran like a RB..simple as that.

[ QUOTE ]

What fullback do you know of that gets 20 to 30 carries a game? He is ran like a RB..simple as that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Teams that know how to use a fullback get them more than 2 or 3 touches per game...most teams don't even know what a fullback is...some think they are just another lineman in the backfield...Bluefield had a great one the last couple of years and didn't use him like they should/could have...

if the fullback works then use him over and over again because then that helps maybe a playaction pass or a fake fullback dive then pitch to the running back to get him outside...teams think all Graham is gonna do is run him straight down the middle all game and then get beat on runs to the outside or pass plays over the top because they crowd 8 or 9 in the box

[ QUOTE ]

probably so, but we did it. he had 16 rush yards and i dont quite remember how many receiving yards but i know it was low.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham held him to 22 rushing and 16 receiving. Graham also had 158 yards rushing compared to your teams 110. And that crap player Barreras ran for 96 of those yards.

Graham played well against Richlands..I will take nothing away from them for that. They beat them at their home stadium much like Bluefield did. I think both teams play exceptionally well against them and their trash talking filled fans.

[ QUOTE ]

Graham played well against Richlands..I will take nothing away from them for that. They beat them at their home stadium much like Bluefield did. I think both teams play exceptionally well against them and their trash talking filled fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham beat Richlands easier than Bluefield did...Richlands was fighting from behind the whole game...

OK dip [censored] (getmoney 55)

RB is a very vague term a RB can be a tailback, fullback, halfback, or wingback

Fullback is a certain position meaning he blocks AND RUNS the ball

number of carries has nothing to do with it and you saying it does shows how little you really know

watching games does not mean you know what you are talking about

being a FB generally means you are the baddest SOB on the team because you are going to get hit hard on every play and not only do you have to take it but also dish it out

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

being a FB generally means you are the baddest SOB on the team because you are going to get hit hard on every play and not only do you have to take it but also dish it out

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i love watching teams that actually use fullbacks... i cried everytime last year when Bluefield didnt use alan carter on short yardage situations, and inside the 20...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

thats why i love watching teams that actually use fullbacks... i cried everytime last year when Bluefield didnt use alan carter on short yardage situations, and inside the 20...

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said earlier Bluefield had a great one the last couple of years and didn't use him like they should/could have...

[ QUOTE ]

I think both teams play exceptionally well against them and their trash talking filled fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont recall any fans playing in either game... I think if the game was a trash talking contest, Bluefield would have won by more than they did in the actual game.

[ QUOTE ]

I dont recall any fans playing in either game... I think if the game was a trash talking contest, Bluefield would have won by more than they did in the actual game.

[/ QUOTE ]kenny chesney won entertainer of the year last night. what now..haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Graham beat Richlands easier than Bluefield did...Richlands was fighting from behind the whole game...

[/ QUOTE ]

No offense to Graham, but Richlands played a lot better game against Bluefield than they did against Graham. You can say that Graham caused all of the mistakes, but IMO Richlands just played really sloppy and Graham played a very good game. Richlands still made some "unforced" errors against BLuefield, but not as many as they did against Graham. Just my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]kenny chesney won entertainer of the year last night. what now..haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, he's still gay.

Game Stats........

Riclands/Graham ............Richlands/Bluefield

First Downs 12 - 17 ............. 8 - 8

Rushing 25/81 - 49/158 ........... 29/85 35/110

Passing 174 - 83 ..............96 - 58

Fumbles 3-2 - 0-0 ..............2-1 - 3-1

Att-comp-int 40-19-2 _ 11-6-0 ...........15-7-2 _ 15-7-0

Penalty 2-6 - 7-52................7-60 - 3-25

Was it Sloppy play or did Graham just run all over you. Was it sloppy play on Richlands part or did the D just sock it to you. I will admit that the ball comming out of Scott hands and landing in Barreras for the score was pure luck or as I really like to think Coach Carlock is helping from above.

I hate excusses after a game. Blacksburg kicked our butts. Abingdon beat us. But had to work to do it.

Bluefield and C'burg also beat us. No excuses.

Stats are from BDT