Jordan Roberts 292 yards on 29 carries against bfld..WOW!

wvuraiders

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

Jordan Roberts 292 yards on 29 carries against bfld..WOW!

[/ QUOTE ]

and still lost

It really doesnt matter how many yards he gained. The real point is that they still LOST. I'll give him props for becoming WV all-time leading rusher. But the point is Bluefield was worried more about coming about with a Win, then stopping him from becoming the rushing leader

Thats the bottom line

Bluefield won as expected, but they're going to have to do better on D. That's 2 strait weeks they've given up over 260 rushing yards, sooner or later that'll catch up with you.

Who in the hell cares? Let him run for 300 or 400 yards. Let him break the all-time rushing record for high school in the United States. The last time I checked, football was about winning. That's all that matters. Period. Bluefield's defense may have given up a great deal of rush yardage the last few weeks but it appears that it was good enough because they've won every one of those games.

If that kid had a bluefield uniform on you would give him props even in a loss...not saying they had a better team at all I know for a fact blfd is #1 in state however this kid is the most talented kid on the field week in and week out.

Bottom Line!

[ QUOTE ]

If that kid had a bluefield uniform on you would give him props even in a loss...not saying they had a better team at all I know for a fact blfd is #1 in state however this kid is the most talented kid on the field week in and week out.

Bottom Line!

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield fans have given him props post after post after post since last night. Maybe you need to start another thread on the topic though, so he can be given even more props.

And who the heck knows how many yards the kid officially tallied last night. The Charleston papers and TV stations have him listed as having 264 this morning. Regardless, the kid had a monster game and deserves all the props he has been getting.

Roberts was by far the best running back I've seen in HS football this season. The kid was amazing...low CG, nice spin moves, great hop step, incredible acceleration, strong as an ox, and was flat out fast once he got in the open. Only one player for Bluefield could catch him in the open field.

Looks like Bluefield may have to face him again if both teams make it that far...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

hello? im pretty sure every beaver fan has said he was the real deal after the game.

and wilie and mavsrock... even though you team got ALL those rushing yards... how many did you have total? oh yeah, under 300. and how many points did you score? 7? yeah we have a horrible defense. In fact, i have no idea how we won a game. I mean, the last three weeks we have just played on of the best offensive players in Austin Fuller(going to VT), the all mighty Taylor Robertson, then the best running back in the state, Jordan Robertson. We won all three games. but yeah, we are horrible.

[ QUOTE ]

hello? im pretty sure every beaver fan has said he was the real deal after the game.

and wilie and mavsrock... even though you team got ALL those rushing yards... how many did you have total? oh yeah, under 300. and how many points did you score? 7? yeah we have a horrible defense. In fact, i have no idea how we won a game. I mean, the last three weeks we have just played on of the best offensive players in Austin Fuller(going to VT), the all mighty Taylor Robertson, then the best running back in the state, Jordan Robertson. We won all three games. but yeah, we are horrible.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, very predictable response from Bluefield fans. I'd like for anyone on here to find where I said Bluefield was no good. Obviously James Monroe and Scott along with alot of other teams need to step it up.

Simple statement of fact, you don't win very many games giving up that kind of rushing yardage, and Bluefield fans can thank Shaun Brooks for them winning the last 2, because without him, it wouldn't have happened.

The truth is the truth. To give up 250 to 300 yards on the ground is not good defense! Bluefield better be thankful they got the Brooks kid in the backfield cause without him they would be hurtin' against good teams.I'm not saying their defense is bad.But the last 2 weeks they have struggled with the run and they knew what was coming. Most people from Bluefield seem to think this years defense is better then last years. I don't think it is. I don't remember last years team giving up that kind of yardage.

And James Monroe would be no where near as good without Taylor Robertson.....Scott would be no where near as good without Jordan Roberts.....and Richlands would be no where near as good without Austin Fuller. Those teams better be thanking their players as well. Without them they would be hurting against good teams.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, very predictable response from Bluefield fans. I'd like for anyone on here to find where I said Bluefield was no good. Obviously James Monroe and Scott along with alot of other teams need to step it up.

Simple statement of fact, you don't win very many games giving up that kind of rushing yardage, and Bluefield fans can thank Shaun Brooks for them winning the last 2, because without him, it wouldn't have happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any team who allows less than 300 TOTAL YARDS, is a pretty good defense. 7 POINTS! all these stats dont mean anything. What is on paper doesnt effect what hapeens on the field. ITs a W. we beat you. get over it.

and brooks is on our team. Is he the whole team? no.

but if it werent for Will Cole being able to throw the long ball, other rushers able to gain ground (note Jake Lilly against Jm, and Patterson and Bowes against Scott) people cant key on shawn brooks. We have tons of weapons. were a team.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

The truth is the truth. To give up 250 to 300 yards on the ground is not good defense! Bluefield better be thankful they got the Brooks kid in the backfield cause without him they would be hurtin' against good teams.I'm not saying their defense is bad.But the last 2 weeks they have struggled with the run and they knew what was coming. Most people from Bluefield seem to think this years defense is better then last years. I don't think it is. I don't remember last years team giving up that kind of yardage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you even watch football last year? Hello? What was the score of the James Monroe game last year?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Bluefield also didnt play Richlands, Jm, and Scott in back to back weeks. We average less than 10 points a game on defense. i dont care if the opposing team has 576 yards rushing, you give up less than 10 points, your gonna win some games. (note:9-0)

And roberts only played a little over a half against JM... with over 275. If he continued to play, who knew how much he might get.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Simple statement of fact, you don't win very many games giving up that kind of rushing yardage

[/ QUOTE ]

Once again, very predictable comments from James Monroe fans in trying to lessen Bluefield's accomplishments of this year. I guess we're all just a very predictable bunch. I didn't see any Bluefield fans trying to belittle James Monroe for struggling to beat the AAA powerhouse Greenbrier East last night. We're focused on our team and our next opponent, not someone we've already beaten and may or may not play again.

I went back and read some posts from early August regarding predictions on Bluefield's schedule. Two different James Monroe fans predicted that "there's no way Bluefield goes undefeated with their schedule." I guess now that they've been proven wrong they must try and deflect the Beavers outstanding accomplish in other ways. Again though, that's been the predictable behavior of certain James Monroe fans since their first day on this board. Good luck in the playoffs. If both teams are unfortunate enough maybe we'll meet up in Wheeling. Winning a state title would be sweet enough, but beating James Monroe in the process would be icing on the cake.

[ QUOTE ]

and Bluefield fans can thank Shaun Brooks for them winning the last 2, because without him, it wouldn't have happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

And this has to be the funniest comment I've ever read. Scott can thankful that Roberts kept them in the game because without they've wouldn't have sniffed the endzone. James Monroe should be thankful for Taylor Robertson because without him they wouldn't have beaten 3-7 Greenbrier East last night. The point is, that goes without saying. Every winning team in every sport should be thankful for the player that scores the most points, gains the most yards, has the most hits, scores the most goals in victories because without them there's a good chance they wouldn't have won to begin with.

Please though, continue to share those nuggets of wisdom with us. I'll be on the edge of my seat awaiting the next one to be passed along.