Jordan Roberts 292 yards on 29 carries against bfld..WOW!

wvuraiders

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greenbrier East is better then people think.They beat Princeton just as bad as Bluefield did. And the Roberts kid played 3 and half quarters against JM.Not a little over a half.

QUOTE:

The winning teams across the area last night can be thankful that they scored more points than their opponent or they would have lost.

----------------

You got me there Rules..lol

I would also like to say that no-one is putting Bluefield down. You all know that when your mouth says something that your butt can't backup, you're going to hear about it.

If I had said JM was going to do something and they didn't, you all would be all over me about it. Don't take the ribbing personal. Next time, stop and think...

LOL................

Just realize that Jordan Roberts is better than any player on any team in the State! I would love him on my team any day! Some people get pissed and want to jab at other teams....but the truth is, if you don't start stopping the run.....a team you haven't played will expose you there and then hit the pass. You HAVE TO STOP THE RUN now! That kid should have some offers. Anyone know if he has had any?

[ QUOTE ]

QUOTE:

The winning teams across the area last night can be thankful that they scored more points than their opponent or they would have lost.

----------------

You got me there Rules..lol

I would also like to say that no-one is putting Bluefield down. You all know that when your mouth says something that your butt can't backup, you're going to hear about it.

If I had said JM was going to do something and they didn't, you all would be all over me about it. Don't take the ribbing personal. Next time, stop and think...

[/ QUOTE ]

Willie, while you may not be putting Bluefield down some are trying to. But as I said throughout the season, they can keep hatin' and the Beavers will keep winning.

And honestly, I didn't think the Roberts kid would get the record, muchless 264/292 yards as he did. Last year he didn't impress me what-so-ever against a Bluefield defense that wasn't anywhere near as good as the '07 version. However, the kid has really improved since last year and the Scott coaching staff made a genius move to put him in a spread offense at QB. As I said on TSP, I was a non-believer until last night, but you can call me a believer now.

With that said, however, it would be interesting to see what would happen if the teams are fortunate enough to advance far enough to meet again. As everyone should know by now, no coaching staff in the state does a better job of making adjustments for a second meeting with a team in the same season than Fred Simon and his staff at Beaver.

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody know where I can get a bracket from that shows how the AA teams will advance if they were to win

[/ QUOTE ]

TOP BRACKET

Bluefield #1

Roane County #16

Keyser #8

Chapmanville #9

Berkeley Springs #4

Logan #13

Scott #5

Sissonville #12

BOTTOM BRACKET

Wayne #2

Grafton #15

Tyler Consolidated #7

Liberty-Raliegh #10

James Monroe #3

Tolisa #14

Magnolia #6

Wyoming East #11

[ QUOTE ]

And is this what you think it will look like, or what it actually will look like? teams in the right spots wise...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's unofficial, but it should be extremely close to what it'll look like. The official brackets won't be released by the SSAC until tomorrow morning after the coaches meeting in each class.

People are questioning Bluefield's defense but I ask you this - what does it say about Bluefield's team as a whole when you can give up that many rushing yards to one player and still win the game by two scores?

[ QUOTE ]

Roberts only had 266 yards...

[/ QUOTE ]

ONLY 266...yeh, Bluefield won the game and that's what matter BUT, like it or not, he made Bluefield's defense look bad...VERY BAD...

once again we have SOME jealous James Monroe fans looking for somethin to down Bluefield with. Is it prehaps b/c they finished regular season 9-1 again?? Is it b/c the Beavers are 10-0 for the 11th season?? Is it b/c they head into the playoffs limping?? last 2 games bein a loss and a near loss to a sub 500 team?? Id be worried if i were JM considering they are in Waynes bracket. Typical 'hater' talk from SOME JM fans that secretly wish they were in the BEAVER NATION! ha! To James Monroe.......a few words....FORWARD PASS...work on it! hahha

[ QUOTE ]

once again we have SOME jealous James Monroe fans looking for somethin to down Bluefield with. Is it prehaps b/c they finished regular season 9-1 again?? Is it b/c the Beavers are 10-0 for the 11th season?? Is it b/c they head into the playoffs limping?? last 2 games bein a loss and a near loss to a sub 500 team?? Id be worried if i were JM considering they are in Waynes bracket. Typical 'hater' talk from SOME JM fans that secretly wish they were in the BEAVER NATION! ha! To James Monroe.......a few words....FORWARD PASS...work on it! hahha

[/ QUOTE ]

Bluefield did not finish 10-0...

It doesnt amtter how many yards the team allows. As long as you stop them at the right time(just like bluefield accomplished last night) then a good team should be fine. He could have 500 yards but if you keep him out of the endzone it cant hurt you.

Quote:

----------------------------

---------------------------

How can you discuss football with someone that don't know what their talking about.

you are right about that but i think what most are saying is yes the beavers have had a great season and are 9-0 heading into the playoffs and maybe another title in blfd. but if you continue to give big yardage on the ground to teams that you know are going to run then in the playoffs run into a team well rounded both run and pass could cause difficulty. for me i hope the win the state title again.

but i think they do need to be careful cause the top teams in the playoffs are also good teams, maybe not as good as the beavers. but like they say on any given day you can be beat by the right team. i will be pulling for the beavers to win out.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Quote:

----------------------------

---------------------------

How can you discuss football with someone that don't know what their talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

how can we discuss sports with someone who doesnt know how to use the quote button.

and what was wrong with the statement besides bluefield was 10-0?

i think if you read it and think a bit it says last 2 games being a loss and a near loss to subpar 500 teams. i dont consider the beavers a subpar team nor do i think anyone would. and maybe just maybe they take it as a knock on jm. and just like beaver and gmen fans we take a knock on our teams seriously.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

he was talking about a near loss to Greenbrier East, not bluefield.

then maybe should have used a comma between them cause as i read it i took it the way i said like they were saying a loss and near loss to sub 500 team. and i am not knocking you in any way at all but it could be taken that way ok.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

i think if you read it and think a bit it says last 2 games being a loss and a near loss to subpar 500 teams. i dont consider the beavers a subpar team nor do i think anyone would. and maybe just maybe they take it as a knock on jm. and just like beaver and gmen fans we take a knock on our teams seriously.

[/ QUOTE ]

he said subpar team... not teams. Everyone knows bluefield is not a subpar team, and tom is a beaver, he wouldnt knock his own team... No comma is really needed.

maybe not for a beaver but for those who are not and if you want them to get what you are saying then maybe it would be proper to. just my observation as a non beaver reading the post. but i know you would not see it that way.but seemed to take the reply a bit personally.