Jordan Roberts 292 yards on 29 carries against bfld..WOW!

wvuraiders

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

then maybe should have used a comma between them cause as i read it i took it the way i said like they were saying a loss and near loss to sub 500 team.

[/ QUOTE ]

And your complaining about tom's english?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no i am not i am looking at it objectively how someone who is not a beaver and in the wv playoffs would see the post. i realize that you cannot see it that way because you are a beaver and cannot see it from another persons view point. and i am not knocking you cause if i were a beaver fan i would look at it the same way as you do. but if you put yourself in their position you might see what they are saying and maybe how they feel a bit.

does not surprise me. you need to look at the post not as a beaver but as someone from jm. it sounds like he was saying that they lost to a sub 500 team and barely won against one. that is how it looks, that being said i know that is not what he meant. but someone from jm would not look at it like you do. but again you will not understand this either i guess cause you cannot look at the comment from someone elses point.so i will not argue the point anymore.

[ QUOTE ]

does not surprise me. you need to look at the post not as a beaver but as someone from jm. it sounds like he was saying that they lost to a sub 500 team and barely won against one. that is how it looks, that being said i know that is not what he meant. but someone from jm would not look at it like you do. but again you will not understand this either i guess cause you cannot look at the comment from someone elses point.so i will not argue the point anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have read all your posts and I still don't have a dang clue as to what you are talking about. James Monroe fans know they got away with a close one against a "weaker" team on Friday. We are not looking at it from any biased stand point, just as WV High School football fans.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

no it doesnt he says and i quote "last 2 games being a loss and a near loss to a sub500 team"

Ill break it down. Tom is saying the last two games were a loss to bluefield, and a near loss to Greenbrier East.

it has nothing to do with me being a beaver. He is stating facts.

Jm lost a regular season game for the first time in i think 24 games. They almost lost to a 3-7 team in greenbrier east. Thats unusual for JM, as they now expect an undefeated season, and along with that beating Greenbrier east without having to come from behind.

I dont know how else to explain it... Tom was simply stating JM didnt finish the season on the srongest note. and i think most JM fans would agree...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If anyone thinks bluefield is a sub .500 team please speak up. Last time i checked they were undefeated. i dont know how anyone could take what he said to be that bluefield is a sub .500 team.

BEAVERTAIL, Thank you for makin the obvious, even more so! i thought it was clear that in the last 2 games that JM lost to bluefield and the sub 500 team was indeed G East..its pretty simple if one reads it. i just dont understand GHS73's confusion on the subject b/c even if i had mispoken, it would be so easy to figure out what i meant. thanks again and i did say Beavers are 10-0..(old habits die hard) but i did mean 9-0 and FTR, it WAS a knock on JM..thanks guys.

[ QUOTE ]

but he did not even say greenbrier east just a loss and near loss to sub 500 team.not going to say more dont like talking to a wall.

[/ QUOTE ]

You could have figured it out. He stated the last two games James Monroe played against Bluefield (loss) and Greenbrier East (the sub. 500 team). It was clear to those you know what they are talking about...I think it is a good idea for you to shutup because you obviously don't know anything about football.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Your welcome Tom. I think anybody could see what you were saying. but what do i know? according to ghs73 im just a wall! lol

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Greenbrier East is better then people think.They beat Princeton just as bad as Bluefield did. And the Roberts kid played 3 and half quarters against JM.Not a little over a half.

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, Bluefield-Princeton is a RIVALRY. so throw all stats out the window.

second, here is a quote from the Bluefield Daily Telegraph from the Scott-JM game.

" The Skyhawks had drives of 94 and 89 yards in the second half, but Roberts had to leave late in the third quarter with what Griffith said was “extreme cramps.†"

ok, so we will give him 3 quarters, still had a fourth of the game left if not more...

[ QUOTE ]

Id be worried if i were JM considering they are in Waynes bracket.

[/ QUOTE ]

What does that have to do with the price of eggs in China?

I could care less who we're in the same bracket with. Right now the team, and the ONLY team I'm concerned about playing is Tolsia.

I could care less who we're in the same bracket with. Right now the team, and the ONLY team I'm concerned about playing is Tolsia.

--------------------

You are so right...

If you have to eat crow, just add a little salt and enjoy.

my take on Tolsia /James Monroe! Tolsia loads the box and forces JM to TRY to throw the ball and Tolsia swaggers out of Lindside with another playoff win!...just feelin it

[ QUOTE ]

my take on Tolsia /James Monroe! Tolsia loads the box and forces JM to TRY to throw the ball and Tolsia swaggers out of Lindside with another playoff win!...just feelin it

[/ QUOTE ]

God-willing that won't happen, but if it does, death by crucifiction might be re-invented in Lindside. I don't have to tell you who'll be nailed up, but his last name starts with a W.

The truth of the matter...... Jordan Roberts deserves all of the rewards and congratulations that he has recieved and more, however we must realize that this kid did not get all of his record breaking yards against Bluefield. he did in fact run up yardage totals against lesser oponents. Does that take away from the fact that a major goal for himself and you cheery fans was accomplished against our team??? NO.. it just means that a great back has had a great game , against a great team. God Bless his accomplishment and lets move on. As for Bluefields Defense.....I BELIEVE and PRAY that it will continue to perform, increase it's perfomance when needed and remain to be victorious.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

God-willing that won't happen, but if it does, death by crucifiction might be re-invented in Lindside. I don't have to tell you who'll be nailed up, but his last name starts with a W.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love football as much as the next person....but to parody the salvation of the cross to TRY and make your point is totally out of line. If I get vilified for this post so be it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I love football as much as the next person....but to parody the salvation of the cross to TRY and make your point is totally out of line. If I get vilified for this post so be it.

[/ QUOTE ]

And some people take things WAY TOO SERIOUSLY...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Christ was not the only person to be killed by crucifiction. In biblical times crucifiction was a common means of death for criminals and such. For you to assume that he was talking about the crucifiction of Christ is "way out of line".

I have a question for the most auspicious football gurus on this board. I have been told that during the football pre-game radio broadcast for JM and Greenbrier East, it came to light that a father was reffing a game in which his son was playing. I'm not sure this was, in fact, the case, but if so,does it happen often? And should it? (It seems there may have been a questionable pass interference call that this particular ref made.) I am just curious if this situation happens often in high school sports. I would think a ref having a child playing in a game, whether football, basketball, baseball, etc., wouldn't want to call that game.