Bassett vs. Salem question

JamesL_CcLB34

Friday at 7:30. Just go to VaPreps and listen to everyone talk about how we don't stand a chance, and how "weak" of a schedule we have played. Salem has an outstanding team and program, but I like our chances against anybody as long as we play 4 quarters of Bengal football. Last time I checked, this is high school football and that is why you play the game. Win or lose, I guarantee there will be no excuses on our end. Curious what the other side will be doing if we pull off what they would call a miracle. Maybe, just maybe, our kids and coaching staff are little better than people want to give credit to.

I believe that Bassett will take this one..... Bassett is undefeated just like Salem....and all the talk on the boards won't win the game. Salem has the reputation of champs but Bassett has to set that aside and see they've got the season to match Salem.

idk why they say you don't have a chance playing coming from someone who played against bassett i would say they would have a chance in any game and we played them the first game of the season... so i'm sure they've improved over the season i think i'm probably gonna end up heading down there to salem and go and watch this game it should be a good game..

[ QUOTE ]

I personally hope bassett wins...but i think its gay how there can be two state champions from the same region..

[/ QUOTE ]It's not about "gay" it's about 'green' as in money. The football playoffs bring in big money for the VHSL and the more games the better.

Anytime you play Salem at their place, it's an uphill battle. You have to deal with their team which is usually very good, as well as the zebras. Don't believe me, just ask Amherst from a couple of years ago. This old Martinsville Bulldog hopes Bassett stomps a mudhole in Salems rear end.

[ QUOTE ]

Anytime you play Salem at their place, it's an uphill battle. You have to deal with their team which is usually very good, as well as the zebras. Don't believe me, just ask Amherst from a couple of years ago. This old Martinsville Bulldog hopes Bassett stomps a mudhole in Salems rear end.

[/ QUOTE ]

i will second that.go bassett.shut up salem,were all sick of hearing about the spartans.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i will second that.go bassett.shut up salem,were all sick of hearing about the spartans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think how good Bluefield, Graham, Richlands, ect. could be if they "stole" the best players from their counties the way Salem does in Roanoke County year after year. Everyone knows they do it and it's absurd that they are still allowed to do it.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just think how good Bluefield, Graham, Richlands, ect. could be if they "stole" the best players from their counties the way Salem does in Roanoke County year after year. Everyone knows they do it and it's absurd that they are still allowed to do it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought Bluefield already did that? haha j/k

[ QUOTE ]

You have to deal with their team which is usually very good, as well as the zebras. Don't believe me, just ask Amherst from a couple of years ago.

[/ QUOTE ]You are not the first person to say that Salem has the Refs in their pocket. I hate it when a game is decided by a bunch of referees.