Richland's & Brookville

TRUEBLUE

We learnt from Gramms mistake. We were concerned about Patrick County, and we definitly didn't look pass Marion as Gramm did even thetre Coaches looked pass them, were looking at Brookville then will worry about the next game if there is one. But last I remembered I havnt played in twenty years and me talking about whos next doesn't mean a thing about the coaching staff or the players at Richland's looking ahead.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Where in this post has any Richlands person said anything about looking past brookville.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really that stupid??? Just read. Lots of talk about the "next" game against the winner of Monticello and Poquoson. That's what I would call looking past Brookville...

[/ QUOTE ]

What's it to you, GMan? Really, I'm mainly just curious here.

Two quick thoughts:

1. Brookville is going to be tough for anyone to beat. The Bees have been battle tested by a difficult schedule and they are clicking on all cylinders right now. This is a program with a pretty proud history of its own, so the road trip shouldn't affect them as much as it did Liberty a couple of years ago.

2. Monticello should be the hands-down favorite to win Division 3 this year. They're all kinds of loaded. Brookville and Richlands fans should make the most of enjoying a classic matchup this weekend.

[ QUOTE ]

sounds to me like the winner of this game will be the heavy favorite in game 14. brookville appears to be a very formidable opponent. i personally think richlands is peaking at the right time and pick them win. however if we give brookville the same gifts we gave marion they will capitalize and its game over. maybe we can get ole richlandsalum to give us a little r-3 inside?

[/ QUOTE ]

Brookville's tough, but definitely beatable. My gut is that a defense that can put pressure on their QB can shut their offense down. Their defense isn't anything special. I'd imagine that they'll alternate between trying to key on Austin Fuller and stacking the box to force Elswick into making mistakes.

Stuarts Draft was simply undermanned against them in the Region III title game. Richlands matches up much better against Brookville than the Cougars did, but the Blues will have to play error-free football. Brookville comes into this game a lot hungrier than Richlands. Let's hope that doesn't become a difference maker.

The bad news (as I've alluded elsewhere) is that the winner of this game is going to be the underdog in the final, regardless of whom it is. Poquoson over Monticello would be a monumental upset.

I don't see any one from Richland's going to the paper and over looking Brookville, as Gramm did Marion and say " I enjoy playing in Richland's and I enjoyed beating them and I'm going to go back and enjoy playing them again this season". That was in the Bluefield paper on November 16. We would of liked to play you again to be honest, but something happened you didn't take care of buisness and WIN

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Where in this post has any Richlands person said anything about looking past brookville.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you really that stupid??? Just read. Lots of talk about the "next" game against the winner of Monticello and Poquoson. That's what I would call looking past Brookville...

[/ QUOTE ] The main thing is the players aren't looking past Brookville...fans and posters don't play the game, and have nothing to do with the outcome.

brookville has played 3 very tough games!

lost amherst 42-7 played without current quarterback.

lost salem 42-14 - lots of mistakes, especially on special teams by brookville - this game was 35-7, when the dogs were called off early in the third quarter.

lost to william byrd 56-35 byrd scored every time it had football with power football.

my analysis of brookville-very capable team with good , very tall talented wideouts and a very good running back in stacy houston.my guess is that they have improved but when i look at this team, i say have not played up to potential, whether that is lot of talent and no work ethic in weight room , i dont know.this team may be jelling now.

[ QUOTE ]

brookville has played 3 very tough games!

lost amherst 42-7 played without current quarterback.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because they played with their STARTING QB that night. Thompson was replaced by Thomas in week 3 - made his first start vs. Salem.

[ QUOTE ]

if richlands plays physical, they will win.period!

[/ QUOTE ]good call zack. the bees took some abuse today. richlands was far more physical today than the brookeville bees. hats off anyway, they played till the end. congrats richlands on a great win against a solid brookeville team.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

if richlands plays physical, they will win.period!

[/ QUOTE ]good call zack. the bees took some abuse today. richlands was far more physical today than the brookeville bees. hats off anyway, they played till the end. congrats richlands on a great win against a solid brookeville team.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brookeville had some monsters on their team. Their QB (#3) lived up to all the hype. He was an absolute beast (6'6", not to mention the 3-4 other players that were 6'3"+. The QB also covered Fuller a lot today, and he absolutely punished him as soon as he caught the ball on several plays. But this game proved the motto of my life.... size doesn’t matter. haha Richlands played a lot more physical then Brookeville and even though Austin got pounded by #3 several times, he showed that he wasn’t scared by continuing to come across the middle and jump up to catch pass after pass. Also Matt Davis had another awesome game on both sides of the ball, he made some big catches, and he also did a tremendous job of covering #8 on defense. Overall, the Blues played an awesome game, they should be very proud of their accomplishments. Good luck next week against Monticello, they sound like a very solid football team.