Bluefield v. James Monroe -- 2007 WV AA State Championship game

Bluefield_Rules

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good luck to both teams.congrats to james monroe's first time at the big game.and congrats to bluefield on another perfect reg.season.both teams had a fantastic year,nothing to complain about.so good luck to two very fine football teams.

[ QUOTE ]

What's the status of JM's backfield? I know Robertson saw limited action versus Wayne and that Kiesel was a little banged up as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a secret...can't tell you. No, actually, I haven't got a clue this week how the JM injury situation is. Maybe everyone is running off of excitement and adrenaline which masks all pain!!! smile.gif

And I have to add that the closer this game gets, the more excited I am. This is great stuff! JM had a pep rally yesterday. The team heads out this morning. Yesterday evening I noticed that there had been messages of support put on the windows of some of the buildings in Peterstown. Fan buses have been organized. I've been reading all the articles in the Bluefield Daily Telegraph and the article in yesterday's Virginian Leader. I guess I'm not dreaming and it must really be true -- James Monroe is heading to the AA title game this year!!! I'm actually glad that their first trip up is with the Beavers. Somehow, that seems fitting and like someone commented earlier on this board, has been in the works for several years now. The perfect storm.

[ QUOTE ]

What's the status of JM's backfield? I know Robertson saw limited action versus Wayne and that Kiesel was a little banged up as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben Thornton, Nick Newberry, Andrew Robertson, and Jason Jackson were snuck in and are ready to go in if necessary wink.gif

Honestly I don't really know, but the fact that they finished the game last week makes me feel pretty good.

For one reason or another, I've had a calmness about this one, that I myself wouldn't have expected even a week ago. Call it what you will, I just feel unusually good about the title game, and everything I feel tells me the James Monroe Mavericks will be state champions this time tomorrow.

Well, with that said, time to get some sleep, long trip in the morning, see ya'll up north!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben Thornton, Nick Newberry, Andrew Robertson, and Jason Jackson were snuck in and are ready to go in if necessary wink.gif

Honestly I don't really know, but the fact that they finished the game last week makes me feel pretty good.

For one reason or another, I've had a calmness about this one, that I myself wouldn't have expected even a week ago. Call it what you will, I just feel unusually good about the title game, and everything I feel tells me the James Monroe Mavericks will be state champions this time tomorrow.

Well, with that said, time to get some sleep, long trip in the morning, see ya'll up north!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreaming, the way you talk that nonsense it seems as if you are already asleep! It's not safe to sleep and drive at the same, you need to fully concentrate on the road while operating a vehicle. LOL

Be safe on the way up. I'm counting down my 2 hours before I am on the road too...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep dreaming, the way you talk that nonsense it seems as if you are already asleep! It's not safe to sleep and drive at the same, you need to fully concentrate on the road while operating a vehicle. LOL

Be safe on the way up. I'm counting down my 2 hours before I am on the road too...

[/ QUOTE ]

HA HA grin.gif

Safe trip man, getting ready to meet up with my dad & friends in about an hour. The excitement's building big-time!!!