Bluefield v. James Monroe -- 2007 WV AA State Championship game

Bluefield_Rules

[ QUOTE ]

This is as confident as I've been all year that James Monroe will win this week. All this talk about James Monroe not being ready for the pressure and Bluefield being more prepared because they've been there several times is a bunch of crap, and frankly, wishfull thinking from Bluefield fans. Both teams will practice the same, and once the ball is kicked off, it'll be played like any other game.

James Monroe is healthier on the front line than we were during the first game, and Our defense has improved a good bit too, even though they didn't play vary bad against the Beavers in round 1. True Bluefield didn't execute very well against the Mavericks the first time, one thing that hasn't been admitted too is the alot of that had to do with the the guys on the other side in purple black and white. If the defense plays like they did and we get the rushing game going again, and this time finish some drives in the end zone, we will win the game.

The other thing that should be noted is that James Monroe beat Magnolia's 9 game winning streak, and Wayne's 18 game streak, dont think that the Mavs will in any way be intimidated. Everyone like to talk about Bluefield's schedule being tougher than ours, well for the last 3 weeks, nothing could have been farther from the truth. Safe trip to everyone this week. I know I'm looking forward to it, in a big way!

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds to me like you're trying to convince yourself more than anyone else. Look what Bluefield did to Jordan Roberts, the best player in the state, when they got a second look at him in the same season. The first game he ran for almost 300 yards and 3 TDs? Second game? 150 yards and 1 TD, with most of those yards and that one TD coming when the game was over.

James Monroe can play off the hype of the title game as much as they want but you'll see when you get up there. It's a lot different atmosphere than playing in Lindside with all of the press, cameras, and people. Ask anyone who has ever played in a championship in Wheeling about their first time. They'll tell you exactly the same thing.

I'm not saying Bluefield is going to roll JM or that JM is going to lay an egg but you are naive if you think playing in a game this big will not generate nervousness and anxiety for all teams, especially ones that have never been on a stage that big before.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is that avatar a self portrate sandman because you must have been drinking when you made that statement. go ahead though, let all the bluefield people think you are going to kill us. that's fine by me. whether we win or lose we will give you a game.

[ QUOTE ]

is that avatar a self portrate sandman because you must have been drinking when you made that statement. go ahead though, let all the bluefield people think you are going to kill us. that's fine by me. whether we win or lose we will give you a game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sandman isn't from Bluefield, he's a Graham fan. And not everyone from Bluefield thinks we're going to kill JM, namely the most important people - the players and the coaches.

The only thing I'm going to say about this game is simply this, talk is cheap. The game will be played and determined on the field, not at the local barber shop, this message board, or anywhere else. I won't waste my time, or anyone else's time, in posting why I think Bluefield will win or trying to convince those that believe James Monroe will win. It doesn't matter who anyone thinks will win, it'll be settled between the lines on Friday night between two well deserving teams.

[ QUOTE ]

The only thing I'm going to say about this game is simply this, talk is cheap. The game will be played and determined on the field, not at the local barber shop, this message board, or anywhere else. I won't waste my time, or anyone else's time, in posting why I think Bluefield will win or trying to convince those that believe James Monroe will win. It doesn't matter who anyone thinks will win, it'll be settled between the lines on Friday night between two well deserving teams.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound like a politician there Bluefield_Rules. Good post. Best wishes to the Beavers--bring it home. If you and Danielle are traveling to Wheeling, praying for your safe travel.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sound like a politician there Bluefield_Rules. Good post. Best wishes to the Beavers--bring it home. If you and Danielle are traveling to Wheeling, praying for your safe travel.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. We'll be leaving out early Friday morning to head to Bluefield and then ride with my parents from there.

[ QUOTE ]

This could very well be the greatest week ever. Watching Bluefield win a championship, then going to morgantown and watching WVU win and head the the national title game.

WOW.....what a week for me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks, I hope your weekend is only full of 1 win and it being a Bluefield one at that!

I am still debating on whether or not to make the trip to Wheeling...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

This could very well be the greatest week ever. Watching Bluefield win a championship, then going to morgantown and watching WVU win and head the the national title game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rocks, I hope your weekend is only full of 1 win and it being a Bluefield one at that!

[/ QUOTE ]

Go for it, man. You only live once.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Or, you could be on suicide watch come Sunday...LOL...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were staying at the same hotel as BeaverTail.... You know what that means

Beer and love making!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Were staying at the same hotel as BeaverTail.... You know what that means

Beer and love making!

[/ QUOTE ]

His mom is coming???? LOL JUST KIDDING BEAVERTAIL! Don't try to punch me in the face again!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sandman isn't from Bluefield, he's a Graham fan. And not everyone from Bluefield thinks we're going to kill JM, namely the most important people - the players and the coaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they've got a little bit of intelligence. Bluefield fans are felling pretty good about this game, but anyone who watched the first game earlier this year knows how easily it could've went the other way. All this about Bluefield putting up big #s against Roane, Chapmanville and Scott, well, just look at who we were talking about. The only major power there was Scott, a basic 1-man team, and the defense of there's, well, let's just see you won't see comparison's to the '85 Bears and Scott anytime soon.

James Monroe has had close games against 2 very well-rounded teams, teams that would be competitive with anyone.

Hey MavsRock are you going to make the trip? I just received a fax about my Press Credentials and parking so Bill and I will be on the sidelines. I am looking forward to this one the line is all back and in good shape for the first time in the last 6 games.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then they've got a little bit of intelligence. Bluefield fans are felling pretty good about this game, but anyone who watched the first game earlier this year knows how easily it could've went the other way. All this about Bluefield putting up big #s against Roane, Chapmanville and Scott, well, just look at who we were talking about. The only major power there was Scott, a basic 1-man team, and the defense of there's, well, let's just see you won't see comparison's to the '85 Bears and Scott anytime soon.

James Monroe has had close games against 2 very well-rounded teams, teams that would be competitive with anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sandman don't have anything else to do. Graham left early. He's just bored....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is one of those teams the mighty Greenbrier East Spartans? I am not one to go back on things a lot, but that team was not a competitive team and you only beat them 28-20.

Our o-line is blocking the best they have the entire season, and our D is playing shut out ball. Will Cole has gotten better every week, and with Ansel Ponder playing the way he is, it is goin to be tough to stop our offense. Oh yea, you might want to worry a little about not only the guy that torched you last time, Shaun Brooks, but, you better watch out for our entire backfield. Every has been playing great through the playoffs and I think this game will be close, but Bluefield wins it by 10+.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is one of those teams the mighty Greenbrier East Spartans? I am not one to go back on things a lot, but that team was not a competitive team and you only beat them 28-20.

Our o-line is blocking the best they have the entire season, and our D is playing shut out ball. Will Cole has gotten better every week, and with Ansel Ponder playing the way he is, it is goin to be tough to stop our offense. Oh yea, you might want to worry a little about not only the guy that torched you last time, Shaun Brooks, but, you better watch out for our entire backfield. Every has been playing great through the playoffs and I think this game will be close, but Bluefield wins it by 10+.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he was talking about Magnolia and Wayne. He can make it more plain. As far as Will Cole is concerned, I think he throws it up and hopes the receiver can run under it....Just an opinion of course.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe he was talking about Magnolia and Wayne. He can make it more plain. As far as Will Cole is concerned, I think he throws it up and hopes the receiver can run under it....Just an opinion of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

JM is the last team that should be criticizing another team's passing game. We all remember how effective it was during the last 2 minutes of the Bluefield game.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto Rules....good luck to the Beavers....be safe.

GO BLUES GA NADO

[ QUOTE ]

As far as Will Cole is concerned, I think he throws it up and hopes the receiver can run under it....Just an opinion of course.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang it Willie!!! I hate when we agree on something...

He doesn't just throw the ball up. He throws it to his recievers. Something that JM doesn't understand apparently. He is good enough to keep the opposition aware of the pass, because we can and will run the ball down people's throats.