Bluefield v. James Monroe -- 2007 WV AA State Championship game

Bluefield_Rules

willie, willie, willie, i cant even beleive you want to open that can of worms considerin this is JM's FIRST trip to Wheeling. Blfd has lost in title games and it hurts and sux ass, but Blfd fans have also tasted the sweet nectar of VICTORY 8 times, so its a big offset..won 8 lost 5..id take those stats anytime. Im giving you a 'get out of the doghouse free' card on your previous silly comment but you wont be so lucky next time..consider it early x-mas gift!

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Willie, if you need directions to Wheeling, I am sure there are some Bluefield fans will be more than willing to help a brother out. We understand that your herd of "sheep" have never been there before...

GMan, i have been on more of an even keel as of late and im not sure if its the increase in my meds or the fact that my wife said she would not take money from our savings to bail me out of jail....again! haha

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

While i sorta hate to see JM even make it to Wheeling, it would be like salt in a wound for the Beavers to end their season AGAIN but to do it this time in Wheeling....

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you hate to see JM go to Wheeling. Now you can't say we haven't beeen there. As far as losing in Wheeling, well you know how it feels, you've lost there enough....

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, yeah, and we've also won up there a couple of times too, ya know. That's two more times than....well, you know the rest of that.

Losing in Wheeling sucks, but it sure beats staying home after getting your season ended early. That doesn't apply to you guys THIS year, but....well, you know the rest of that too.

[ QUOTE ]

willie, willie, willie, i cant even beleive you want to open that can of worms considerin this is JM's FIRST trip to Wheeling. Blfd has lost in title games and it hurts and sux ass, but Blfd fans have also tasted the sweet nectar of VICTORY 8 times, so its a big offset..won 8 lost 5..id take those stats anytime. Im giving you a 'get out of the doghouse free' card on your previous silly comment but you wont be so lucky next time..consider it early x-mas gift!

[/ QUOTE ]

A get out of the doghouse free card. smile.gif Do you have a large stash of those??

[ QUOTE ]

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm I look for this to be another close game....Monroe seems determined........watch out beavers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's easy to get caught up in the hype of Wheeling and the Super Six, and to be in awe of the whole thing. This is a road Bluefield has been down many times, the last being two years ago for a number of the Bluefield players. You're a lot less nervous and jittery when you've played in a title game before.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You're a lot less nervous and jittery when you've played in a title game before.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cole must be crappin' bricks then...

[/ QUOTE ]

You'll be even more bitter if Cole wins a state title....

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

You're a lot less nervous and jittery when you've played in a title game before.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Bluefield could win it without him and Graham did not miss him.

G in the spirit of Christmas....why don't you give Cole a "get out of the doghouse free" card for the state game. After all, you can't get any closer in location than supporting the ENTIRE Blfd. team in the big game. VT took it to the Hoos yesterday....so, mellow on that ....I bet your momma would bake you some cookies and maybe, Santa will not put that piece of coal in your stocking. LOL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Bluefield could win it without him and Graham did not miss him.

[/ QUOTE ]

My point is let it go. The whole bashing Will Cole thing was the cool thing to do about 3 months ago, it's tired and played out now. The kid has helped lead Bluefield to another undefeated season and to the verge of a 9th state title. I'm sure he could care less what Graham people think of him because he's proven himself this year. The only regret he may have is that he didn't transfer to Bluefield sooner.

Big congrats to the Mavs on finally getting to Wheeling. This should be a good match up. I personally feel like JM let one get away at bluefield earlier this year and now we have an opportunity to make up for it. I honestly feel a little better about this week than the Wayne game. We hadn't played Wayne so i wasn't really sure that we could beat Wayne if they came to play. I know we can beat Bluefield, we just have to give it everything we have for one more game. Not trying to throw fuel on the fire, i said we can beat bluefield not that we will. That will be left up to the guys on the field. Unfortunately I can't make the trip but just a word of encouragement guys. Practice hard this week, enjoy the trip to Wheeling and play hard Friday night!!! Once again congrats on accomplishing what no other Mavs team has before you!!

No offense to James Monroe, but our execution during our first meeting was terrible. If we execute like we did Friday night, it is going to be darn-near imppossible to beat us. I just hope the boys will play this Friday like we did agaisnt Scott last week.

the Beaver tea that JM faced was not the Beaver team that has been playing as of late. If the Beavers come out like they have been, JM is going to get rolled! I also feel better about Blfd playing a team they have already beaten even while playin badly. Go Beavers !!

i understand what you are saying but we squandered several opportunities to score that night as well. truthfully i'm sure both teams probably want to play better than in their first meeting. hopefully JM will play like a well oiled machine and hopefully Bluefield won't. Just to let everyone know i'm not one of these guys who wants to see a good close game and the best team winning. I want to see JM win period! We have lost several games when we were the better team and so if Bluefield would be off and that helps us win then that's fine by me. Not saying that will happen but if it does you won't see me shedding any tears.

This is as confident as I've been all year that James Monroe will win this week. All this talk about James Monroe not being ready for the pressure and Bluefield being more prepared because they've been there several times is a bunch of crap, and frankly, wishfull thinking from Bluefield fans. Both teams will practice the same, and once the ball is kicked off, it'll be played like any other game.

James Monroe is healthier on the front line than we were during the first game, and Our defense has improved a good bit too, even though they didn't play vary bad against the Beavers in round 1. True Bluefield didn't execute very well against the Mavericks the first time, one thing that hasn't been admitted too is the alot of that had to do with the the guys on the other side in purple black and white. If the defense plays like they did and we get the rushing game going again, and this time finish some drives in the end zone, we will win the game.

The other thing that should be noted is that James Monroe beat Magnolia's 9 game winning streak, and Wayne's 18 game streak, dont think that the Mavs will in any way be intimidated. Everyone like to talk about Bluefield's schedule being tougher than ours, well for the last 3 weeks, nothing could have been farther from the truth. Safe trip to everyone this week. I know I'm looking forward to it, in a big way!

I will put money that Bluefield wins on friday in Wheeling. No one can touch them with the way they have been executing so far in the playoffs. James Monroe is good, yes, but they have had several scares this year so far in the post season. Bluefield has been completely dominant. No team in any class in WV has beaten teams as bad as Bluefield has in the playoffs. With Bluefield clicking the way they are right now, I dont think it will be a contest. Blufield by 21 at least.