tech fans... shut up!!

swvasport_7

Honestly all i have herd ever since WVU is going to the bcs is the play in a easy conference and thats true but the acc is not better. I mean you have 2 pretty good teams in va. tech and BC then you have 2 alrite/good teams in UVA and clemson then who wake forest? record looks alrite, but go check who they beat. Honestly ACC might have better teams on the top but the big east has more depth

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill shut up as soon as the WVU fans shut up about the ACC...So you can take free shots at the ACC, but no one can talk about the Big East, and all of their "depth". Yeah, Cincinnati, UCONN, and Rutgers...oh I almost forgot about USF... Now that is what I call depth! Just because they are all evenly matched doesn’t mean they are good. No one in the big east has beaten anyone to prove that they are good. This has nothing to do with the ACC, we all know the ACC is down... but the big east is just as bad (IMO they are worse), and in no way does any team from the Big East deserve to be in the National title...Again IMO. And just like your opinion it means nothing. So before you go and tell Tech fans to shut up...heed your own advise:)

BTW: WVU hasnt been invited to the BCS championship just yet...they still need to make by the oh so ever tough PITT team...you know since the Big East is soooo deep. wink.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Ill shut up as soon as the WVU fans shut up about the ACC...So you can take free shots at the ACC, but no one can talk about the Big East, and all of their "depth". Yeah, Cincinnati, UCONN, and Rutgers...oh I almost forgot about USF... Now that is what I call depth! Just because they are all evenly matched doesn’t mean they are good. No one in the big east has beaten anyone to prove that they are good. This has nothing to do with the ACC, we all know the ACC is down... but the big east is just as bad (IMO they are worse), and in no way does any team from the Big East deserve to be in the National title...Again IMO. And just like your opinion it means nothing. So before you go and tell Tech fans to shut up...heed your own advise:)

BTW: WVU hasnt been invited to the BCS championship just yet...they still need to make by the oh so ever tough PITT team...you know since the Big East is soooo deep. wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

USF beat auburn which is a pretty good team and well im just wondering who the acc has beat i mean they did so well with LSU and all but come on now lol . . . look b4 u go and bash the big east tell me why they r so good ? ? ?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

USF beat auburn which is a pretty good team and well im just wondering who the acc has beat i mean they did so well with LSU and all but come on now lol . . . look b4 u go and bash the big east tell me why they r so good ? ? ?

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to brush up on you reading comprehension skills. I said that the ACC is down this year and I dont think there is a team in the ACC that is worthy of playing for the national title. Tech has been overrated since week one. I do think now that the #6 ranking for Tech is pretty fair now, given the way they have been playing the past few weeks...but for the biggest part of the season they have been overrated. None of the WVU fans can admit that the big east is less than mediocre and that WVU is NOT the second best team in the country.

Sure, USF beat the 8-4 tigers, but Auburn is only a good team...not a team to base a seasons worth of success on. Besides, it isnt like USF blew them out of the water or anything, they only beat them by 3. I cant blame you for being happy that WVU is in all likelyhood going to the BCS championship, because I would be thrilled if tech would have beat BC and been on there way to the NC, but I would expect a little rationality out of some of you all.

Guest JJBrickface

Can any conference be considered tough this year? I mean you definitely have the SEC and Pac 10 at the top but even those conferences have some horrible teams. The best conference argument is almost ridciulous to talk about for this season. Especially when it comes to the Big East and the ACC, they are almost even. I will say the Big East is slightly better. haha

[ QUOTE ]

Can any conference be considered tough this year? I mean you definitely have the SEC and Pac 10 at the top but even those conferences have some horrible teams. The best conference argument is almost ridciulous to talk about for this season. Especially when it comes to the Big East and the ACC, they are almost even. I will say the Big East is slightly better. haha

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...all except the ACC is OBVIOUSLY better wink.gif haha

Just some facts to help settle the debate. Every conference record is going to be .500. The ACC is currently 48-48. The Big East 26-26. Non conference record for each. ACC 33-15 winning percentage .6875. Big East 29-11 .7250. According to CBS the strength of schedule for the conference is as follows:

Rating by Conferences

Conference Avg*

1. SEC 13.25

2. Big East 23.63

3. Pac-10 25.50

4. Big Ten 43.04

5. Big 12 49.75

6. ACC 63.79

7. Mountain West 67.55

8. WAC 74.66

9. Conference USA 91.91

10. MAC 106.23

11. Sun Belt 107.50

*Average strength of schedule rankings

Looking at the top three is each division of the ACC the best non confernce wins are Virginia over UCONN and Clemson over South Carolina. Bad losses, Wyoming over Virginia and Nebraska over Wake Forest. In non coference games where they could make a statement GT lost to Georgia, and VT well got humiliated against LSU. Looking at the top 6 in the Big East. The Big East has non conference wins over Maryland, Mississippi State, and Auburn. The only bad loss would be Utah over Louisville. Head to head the Big East is 4-2 against the ACC. Someone please tell me how VT deserves to be rank (BCS) ahead of BC and LSU. Two teams with two losses that beat VT. Who has it beat to be ranked above USC or Oklahoma. Show me the beef VT fans.

The BCS has worked out in WVU'S advantage for once. Quit whining over the weak schedule of the Big East......Much stronger than ACC. If WVU loses to PITT....we will talk! If we beat PITT, then enjoy watching a Big East team playing for a National Title! No way an ACC has a shot at even getting in this year. Might be different if people didn't choke at home!

Just hope Missouri somehow beats Oklahoma, so that way WVU will only lose by two touchdowns in the NC, IF they beat Big East power Pittsburgh.

I dont see it happening. WVU will probably be favored over Ohio State and pretty even against Missouri. If they do lose by 14 that would still be,.........lets see 27 closer than Tech came to LSU. Maybe you guys should throw the ACC championship so say Georgia doesnt thump you in the Orange Bowl. Oh wait you would probably get it from South Florida in the Gator Bowl. Nevermind!

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe you guys should throw the ACC championship so say Georgia doesnt thump you in the Orange Bowl. Oh wait you would probably get it from South Florida in the Gator Bowl. Nevermind!

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this the same South Florida team that WVU couldn't handle for a second season in a row??

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Just some facts to help settle the debate. Every conference record is going to be .500. The ACC is currently 48-48. The Big East 26-26. Non conference record for each. ACC 33-15 winning percentage .6875. Big East 29-11 .7250. According to CBS the strength of schedule for the conference is as follows:

Rating by Conferences

Conference Avg*

1. SEC 13.25

2. Big East 23.63

3. Pac-10 25.50

4. Big Ten 43.04

5. Big 12 49.75

6. ACC 63.79

7. Mountain West 67.55

8. WAC 74.66

9. Conference USA 91.91

10. MAC 106.23

11. Sun Belt 107.50

Looking at the top three is each division of the ACC the best non confernce wins are Virginia over UCONN and Clemson over South Carolina. Bad losses, Wyoming over Virginia and Nebraska over Wake Forest. In non coference games where they could make a statement GT lost to Georgia, and VT well got humiliated against LSU. Looking at the top 6 in the Big East. The Big East has non conference wins over Maryland, Mississippi State, and Auburn. The only bad loss would be Utah over Louisville. Head to head the Big East is 4-2 against the ACC. Someone please tell me how VT deserves to be rank (BCS) ahead of BC and LSU. Two teams with two losses that beat VT. Who has it beat to be ranked above USC or Oklahoma. Show me the beef VT fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has WVU beat to be ranked ahead of Ohio State? Who have they beat to be ahead of Kansas? Hawaii? Who has WVU beat period?

Honestly, neither team has that many quality wins, neither have any agaist a true top 15 team, and neither play in conference that is "tough"

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Rating by Conferences

Conference Avg*

1. SEC 13.25

2. Big East 23.63

3. Pac-10 25.50

4. Big Ten 43.04

5. Big 12 49.75

6. ACC 63.79

7. Mountain West 67.55

8. WAC 74.66

9. Conference USA 91.91

10. MAC 106.23

11. Sun Belt 107.50

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has WVU beat to be ranked ahead of Ohio State? Who have they beat to be ahead of Kansas? Hawaii? Who has WVU beat period?

Honestly, neither team has that many quality wins, neither have any agaist a true top 15 team, and neither play in conference that is "tough"

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has VT beaten and plese don't say virginia...only quality win I see is vs Clemson

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Just hope Missouri somehow beats Oklahoma, so that way WVU will only lose by two touchdowns in the NC, IF they beat Big East power Pittsburgh.

I dont see it happening. WVU will probably be favored over Ohio State and pretty even against Missouri. If they do lose by 14 that would still be,.........lets see 27 closer than Tech came to LSU. Maybe you guys should throw the ACC championship so say Georgia doesnt thump you in the Orange Bowl. Oh wait you would probably get it from South Florida in the Gator Bowl. Nevermind!

[/ QUOTE ]

i agree. WVU will beat OSU in a national championship game, look how illinois took care of OSU with their spread. Missouri will give WVU all it can handle and more. They have an excellent balanced attack on offense and should give WVU fits all night...

But as for the LSU comment, that was long ago. The Tech team now is completely different than it was back in september. I think the outcome would be different now...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Rating by Conferences

Conference Avg*

1. SEC 13.25

2. Big East 23.63

3. Pac-10 25.50

4. Big Ten 43.04

5. Big 12 49.75

6. ACC 63.79

7. Mountain West 67.55

8. WAC 74.66

9. Conference USA 91.91

10. MAC 106.23

11. Sun Belt 107.50

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Who has VT beaten and plese don't say virginia...only quality win I see is vs Clemson

[/ QUOTE ]

Hello? read my post. i said neither teams has quality wins.

and as for clemsonand UVA... it was AT clemson and UVA, which is a different animal in both. How many big road games has WVU won? against ranked teams?

Yes, Virginia was down to Connecticut, the second-best team in the Big East, with two minutes to go. The Cavaliers also won. The third-best team in the ACC beat the second-best team in the Big East.

I definitely do agree with your analysis on Groh. He deserves the ACC coach-of-the-year given the work he has done.

I thought I got away from math class! Geez, the transititve!.......How about the multiplicative property of Zero......(any number times 0 = zero) This about the strength of schedule of the ACC in conference schedules!

LOL sorry UVA.....just picking on ya.laugh a little