Rich Rod Resigns

the_truth

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope Coach Rod has about as much success as John Belein is having. I cannot stand that man now. Telling a recruit before you tell your own players? Coward. That is what he is and a man that is only thinking about money. I do not wish the best or anything positive for him. I hope OSU destroys them every year and maybe he will be treated like Carr.

I felt the same way when I first heard the news...but then I watched interviews from a few players...And they said they didn't disagree with Coach Rod...Although the money is nice and it helps, he didn't leave because of the money..He would have left last year if he wanted more money..He left because athletic director Ed Pastlong did not agree with him about certain circumstances with his players..He wants the best for his players, and he realized it wasen't going to happen at WVU...As a WVU fan its hard to like the guy now..I mean hell I think we all loved him but as of today we are just shocked...But I hope he has a successful future as Michigan...yeah..NOT!!! But seriously I wouldn't mind seeing him to good...

Here's the article from scout.com about Pryor phone call to the sportswriter...

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/711864.html

Also heres a two interviews from players Antonio Lewis and Reed Williams

http://www.modavox.com/boombox/PlayerSetup/Players/WBOYPlayer.aspx?FileId=59059

http://www.modavox.com/boombox/PlayerSetup/Players/WBOYPlayer.aspx?FileId=59069

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Terrelle is going to go to Penn State or Ohio State. Ive said that ever since I started watching the kid last year and im sticking with it. He never truly seemed interested in WVU, and even though he has claimed that Texas and Florida had caught his eye, he hasnt shown an interest to any other school but Penn State and Ohio State. He attended Penn States homecoming game this year, and I believe that is where he will go. But who knows, the kid is also one of the top 150 basketball players in the country. He could just take the offer to hit up Duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why subscribe to Rivals??? This kid supposedly knows everything...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a huge fan of Pryors ever since I got the chance to watch him play his junior year. The kid is amazing and if you ever get the chance to watch him in a live game, dont pass it up. I havent seen any other high school player dominate like this guy does. He passes all day, scrambles like crazy, then on defense he plays DE, linebacker and returns some punts and kicks. Also when his team is up by a lot, he takes time at receiver. He simply owns the game of football, period.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say he is interested in Michigan now but what does Mallet who imo was the best freshmen QB do from here ? ? ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mallet transfers. If he was to stay, he would play second fiddle to Pryor if he chooses Michigan, just like Bednarik. Perhaps even 3rd fiddle if Rich can pull a Jarrett Brown type player in.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Terrelle is going to go to Penn State or Ohio State. Ive said that ever since I started watching the kid last year and im sticking with it. He never truly seemed interested in WVU, and even though he has claimed that Texas and Florida had caught his eye, he hasnt shown an interest to any other school but Penn State and Ohio State. He attended Penn States homecoming game this year, and I believe that is where he will go. But who knows, the kid is also one of the top 150 basketball players in the country. He could just take the offer to hit up Duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been a huge fan of Pryors ever since I got the chance to watch him play his junior year. The kid is amazing and if you ever get the chance to watch him in a live game, dont pass it up. I havent seen any other high school player dominate like this guy does. He passes all day, scrambles like crazy, then on defense he plays DE, linebacker and returns some punts and kicks. Also when his team is up by a lot, he takes time at receiver. He simply owns the game of football, period.

[/ QUOTE ]

what game did you get to see?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd say he is interested in Michigan now but what does Mallet who imo was the best freshmen QB do from here ? ? ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Mallet transfers. If he was to stay, he would play second fiddle to Pryor if he chooses Michigan, just like Bednarik. Perhaps even 3rd fiddle if Rich can pull a Jarrett Brown type player in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what i expect and i feel for the kid having to sit out or play in the FCS next year . . .

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what game did you get to see?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got to see one of his regular season games his junior year, one playoff game and his state championship game his junior year. This year ive seen one regular season game and his state championship.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

haha he transfers to ohio state...idk but that'd be good i was impressed w/ him from what i saw... but i hope they get pryor they'll be running that spread again they ran when they had troy smith only pryor is more like vince young

I believe Rodriguez will eventually succeed at Michigan, but he really needs a couple of years to get the best performance from his offensive system. The current Michigan offense isn't really set up to run a spread package: namely a lack of speed. The defense will carry Michigan during Rodriguez's first two years there. Look for the big improvement in year three. In my opinion.