Rich Rod Resigns

the_truth

I say whoever WVU gets to coach next season will keep with the spread offense because that it was the players know, but once White and Slaton leave, its onto a new system. Jarrett Brown will be the QB and Noel Devine will be the running back and I think that a transition from the spread-option will do some good. Dont get me wrong, I think the spread option offense is a good thing, but it fails too many teams when just one player falls or you play a defense who is even half as fast as you. Jarrett Brown can throw the ball very, very well and he came from a high school program that got him used to airing it out. I believe when he gets the starting roll, you will see a brand new WVU offense.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ QUOTE ]

They're posting it elsewhere too, I haven't seen whether or not he'll be in the Fiesta Bowl or not. This is a link to yahoo sports:http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ap-michigan-rodriguez&prov=ap&type=lgns

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the ESPN report, he told the team he would not be coaching them in the Fiesta Bowl.

[ QUOTE ]

LOL....did you watch any college football this year?????? Lloyd Carr was pushed out.....they called for his head on a platter after they fell at home to APPY STATE!....

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they've been calling for his head because he can't beat the Ohio State University...Appy St. was the next to last nail in the coffin...when they lost to OSU for the 6th year in a row, that was the final nail...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

I say whoever WVU gets to coach next season will keep with the spread offense because that it was the players know, but once White and Slaton leave, its onto a new system. Jarrett Brown will be the QB and Noel Devine will be the running back and I think that a transition from the spread-option will do some good. Dont get me wrong, I think the spread option offense is a good thing, but it fails too many teams when just one player falls or you play a defense who is even half as fast as you. Jarrett Brown can throw the ball very, very well and he came from a high school program that got him used to airing it out. I believe when he gets the starting roll, you will see a brand new WVU offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see White staying. He has no chance to be a NFL player or win a national championship now, so he is off to the MLB.

Slaton, on the other hand, despite having a poor season, may be NFL bound. With a good fiesta bowl game, slaton leaves for reasons being that RR and White are leaving.

Devine IMO is already looking at other schools. Rich Rod and the spread were the reason that he came to WVU. Now that RR is gone, so will Noel. It will take a "devine" intervention to keep him in morgantown.

As for Jarrett brown, the kid is in deep trouble. You can play like John Elway but you still have to have people to throw the ball to. Also, the running game without Slaton, White, and Devine will be nonexistant forcing WVU to throw, which means bad news for WVU fans.

BTW, that Terrell Pryor guy that all those WVU fans are drooling over, just took WVU off his list.

WVU better hire a coach soon, or a lot of the players may be leaving town, and not for winter break.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont see White staying. He has no chance to be a NFL player or win a national championship now, so he is off to the MLB.

Slaton, on the other hand, despite having a poor season, may be NFL bound. With a good fiesta bowl game, slaton leaves for reasons being that RR and White are leaving.

Devine IMO is already looking at other schools. Rich Rod and the spread were the reason that he came to WVU. Now that RR is gone, so will Noel. It will take a "devine" intervention to keep him in morgantown.

As for Jarrett brown, the kid is in deep trouble. You can play like John Elway but you still have to have people to throw the ball to. Also, the running game without Slaton, White, and Devine will be nonexistant forcing WVU to throw, which means bad news for WVU fans.

BTW, that Terrell Pryor guy that all those WVU fans are drooling over, just took WVU off his list.

WVU better hire a coach soon, or a lot of the players may be leaving town, and not for winter break.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even more of a reason to bring in Jerry Moore. He knows how to run a spread offense. He has shown a liking for relying on the feet of quick quarterbacks, just look at Asanti Edwards. Also, I really think he could make Devine buy into his system and really develop Devine into his potential.

I may just turn into a hokie fan.( not really but I feel like it) atleast their coach (Beamer) is loyal to his state and university!!!! pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beamer DOES recruit in his state at least. If I had to unofficially guess, 75% of his players are from Virginia.

I think a big key to short term success for WVU is retaining the assistant coaching staff. Maybe they should even consider promoting the offensive coordinator if he has the credentials. If they could do this, they would still have an experienced coach who knows how to run the spread.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

Ohio State is one of Terrelle Pryor's top schools... this new development better not convince him to go to michigan

[/ QUOTE ]

He has already added Michigan to the top of his list... Rich called him before any of his current players knew i believe...

[ QUOTE ]

I may just turn into a hokie fan.( not really but I feel like it) atleast their coach (Beamer) is loyal to his state and university!!!! pisses me off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beamer DOES recruit in his state at least. If I had to unofficially guess, 75% of his players are from Virginia.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd say the percentage is much higher, close to 90%...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

im pissed..LETS GO HOKIES! yes i said that

[/ QUOTE ]

that right there makes you just like rodriguez...

Terrelle is going to go to Penn State or Ohio State. Ive said that ever since I started watching the kid last year and im sticking with it. He never truly seemed interested in WVU, and even though he has claimed that Texas and Florida had caught his eye, he hasnt shown an interest to any other school but Penn State and Ohio State. He attended Penn States homecoming game this year, and I believe that is where he will go. But who knows, the kid is also one of the top 150 basketball players in the country. He could just take the offer to hit up Duke.

[ QUOTE ]

Terrelle is going to go to Penn State or Ohio State. Ive said that ever since I started watching the kid last year and im sticking with it. He never truly seemed interested in WVU, and even though he has claimed that Texas and Florida had caught his eye, he hasnt shown an interest to any other school but Penn State and Ohio State. He attended Penn States homecoming game this year, and I believe that is where he will go. But who knows, the kid is also one of the top 150 basketball players in the country. He could just take the offer to hit up Duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be so sure about Pryor. He'd stand a great chance to start from day one at Michigan despite Ryan Mallett being there. Michigan is 10 times the football school that WVU is and with Rodriguez's offense in place he could do special things on a national stage. Yes, it's late in the game, but Pryor still uncommitted at this point that tells me no single school has stood out more than the rest. They'll put an all-out blitz on Pryor and make a serious push...

Penn State stands out. Ive watched Pryor develop for two football seasons now and the only constant that has been in his eye is Penn State. He wants to pass more, he has said so himself, and considering he lives in Pennsylvania, he wants to stay closer to home, which he also has said. But anyway, basketball is the biggest reason why Pryor hasnt commited anywhere. He is a top basketball player in the country, much like Jarrett Brown was when he was in his senior year in high school, which is why after Jarrett commited to WVU the summer before his senior year, he still visited colleges, more so around basketball season.

i've heard Ohio State is right up there w/ penn state because i think they were going to let him play both football and basketball... and ohio state is very good at both sports also i'm sure he's looking at what troy smith did at OSU and that helps there chances of getting him

yes he does admire Troy Smith. A heisman winning quarterback who had his arm and his legs to bail him out, not his legs and an arm to bail him out(Pat White, most spread-option qbs). He wants to pass, hes already shown that he can run with anyone, run over anyone and run past anyone. The kid is 6-6, 235 and runs a 4.4 but even though he's built like Calvin Johnson, he's got a cannon for an arm and he wants to show it off in a passing style offense.

[ QUOTE ]

You are probably right Rules. That is the one thing that I didn't like about Rich, it seems like it pains him to take players from WV.

[/ QUOTE ]

Compare the number of players from the commonwealth of Virginia to the State of West Virginia that sign Div. 1A letters every year. Virginia has about 70 kids at least compared to West Virginia which has about 5 or 6. Come on. Rich Rod has to recruit elsewhere to get enough players to field a team!

Look at the beaver teams from the last 6 years. Those teams played in Wheeling for 5 of 6 state championships, wond two championships, but how many went off to Div 1A schools to play football even though they were one of the top programs in the state year in an year out.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why subscribe to Rivals??? This kid supposedly knows everything...

[ QUOTE ]

From what I've heard, here's Pryor's top three, in order:

1. Penn State

2. Ohio State

3. West Virginia

[/ QUOTE ]

Now all you have to do is change #3 to Michigan...Pyror called and told a sportswriter for scout.com to add Michigan to his list...That was right after Coach Rod called him and told him he was taking the Michigan job..It surprised me that Coach Rod told Pryor before he told his own players..

I wouldn't count Michigan out for Pryor