Owen Schmitt = "runaway beer truck"...

GMan

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I thought ol' Pat White can't throw? Hmm...that is interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

as of right now 10 for 19 for 176 yards. That is not that impressive. Given he has made some good throws, but not that good...

[/ QUOTE ]

If Will Cole went 10-19 with 176 yards 2 Tds 0 Ints, you would say he was a great QB. Why can you just not give WVU some credit?

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Face it....If Pat White was wearning his favorite colleges colors he would be singing a different song. But since it is WVU. He wont give him any credit. Just like every other Hokie Fan out there who doesnt know a good QB if it bites him on the rear...

[ QUOTE ]

Face it....If Pat White was wearning his favorite colleges colors he would be singing a different song. But since it is WVU. He wont give him any credit. Just like every other Hokie Fan out there who doesnt know a good QB if it bites him on the rear...

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously havent been watching the Orange Bowl ::rolls eyes::

Nope sure havent....

So since I havent been watching the Orange bowl I wouldnt know that Tyrod Taylor threw a Pick and the guy ran it all the way back for a TD and get a Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for that. Then douchebag (Glennon) threw a pick. and then finally Ore scores for VT on a 1 yard TD run

But hey....I'm not watching this game...remember?

[ QUOTE ]

Nope sure havent....

So since I havent been watching the Orange bowl I wouldnt know that Tyrod Taylor threw a Pick and the guy ran it all the way back for a TD and get a Unsportsmanlike conduct penalty for that. Then douchebag (Glennon) threw a pick. and then finally Ore scores for VT on a 1 yard TD run

But hey....I'm not watching this game...remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

And you say we wouldnt know a good QB... yeah right... wink.gif

lol good lord! the post was about OWEN SCHMITT! He is truly what a football player is. I have never seen someone love the game as much, appreciate the game as much, and play the game with as much passion. He will make a good living on Sundays!

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

as of right now 10 for 19 for 176 yards. That is not that impressive. Given he has made some good throws, but not that good...

[/ QUOTE ]

If Will Cole went 10-19 with 176 yards 2 Tds 0 Ints, you would say he was a great QB. Why can you just not give WVU some credit?

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think that Pat white is a great throwing QB... well let me show you why he is not, for multiple reasons:

1. Wvu has a great rushing offense, we all know that. Therefore, by putting a lot of people in the box, it does allow passing to be easier. Defenses try to shut down the run, giving a lot of 1 on 1 oppurtunities.

2. Those 1 on 1 oppurtunities is what the spread lives on. The spread was designed to get players 1 on 1 in space. This is why WVu runs so many bubble screens swing passes etc. Pat white a lot of times can give the ball to a player and he gets a whole lot of yards. i cannot find any yards after catch stats but i think that would be intersting.

3. Pat white HAS NEVER thrown for over 200 yards this year. you would think a college QB would have to throw for over 200 yards sometime if he was a great passing QB.

4. Pat white ranks tied for 66th in passing tds.

5. Tim tebow threw for 17-33, 160 yards and 3 tds. after that he was criticized for his poor play and many people said he had an average arm. I think someone even posted that fox said white should win the heisman now not tebow. However in that last game, tebow completed 52% of his passes, white 53%. Tebow 3 tds, White 2. Pretty much the same stats, yet tebow is thrown under the bus. If comparing White to what many people call an average arm,who did have an off night, then he is maybe the same or less.

6. Comparing a HS QB to a college QB is rediculous and outlandish. High school football, especially the passing game in WV (unless you are nitro) is not really comparable to any college team's Qbs. And as for HS qbs, i believe if they can limit INTs, and end up with a completion percentage over 50% then they are a good QB. The standards for a high school QB and a COllege QB are completely different.

7. Pat white has thrown for 1726 yards this season, that 98th in all of D1 QBs. Any good passer should be able to amass over 2000 yards easily.thats only about 154 yards a game, hardly a hard thing to do.

8. Pat white has never had to, or if he has didnt, throw the ball to win a game. Yes he has made plays in the clutch with his legs, but not with his arm. People have yet to try and key in on his passing "attack" because of the running game, and not being in situations where he had to throw.

9. You say pat white is a good passing QB with 144-216, 1724 yards, 14 tds and 4 INTs. so if that is a good QB then is this considered one too? He has 143 for 235, 1796 yards, 12 tds 5 ints. He also did not throw for more than 4 passes in 4 games. This guy, is SEAN GLENNON. remarkably he has similar stats to Pat white, yet the same people who bash me for not giving Pat White credit, bash him. So if both have pretty much the same stats, when are you gonna give Sean Glennon credit? According to you, Pat white should, so then Sean Glennon should. What you are doing right now is very hypotcritical, but you didnt know it because you didnt check the facts.

Lets face it, pat white may be a great player, but he is not a great passer. The stats do not lie my friend, and you can continue to use your OPINION to justify what you say, but ill use facts. You first said brought up the subject, and i merely responded that he wasnt that impressive, and used his stats to back it up. And that is how i will continually do it, using stats to give my credit, not any opinion or anything else.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lmao

[/ QUOTE ]

so you think that Pat white is a great throwing QB... well let me show you why he is not, for multiple reasons:

1. Wvu has a great rushing offense, we all know that. Therefore, by putting a lot of people in the box, it does allow passing to be easier. Defenses try to shut down the run, giving a lot of 1 on 1 oppurtunities.

2. Those 1 on 1 oppurtunities is what the spread lives on. The spread was designed to get players 1 on 1 in space. This is why WVu runs so many bubble screens swing passes etc. Pat white a lot of times can give the ball to a player and he gets a whole lot of yards. i cannot find any yards after catch stats but i think that would be intersting.

3. Pat white HAS NEVER thrown for over 200 yards this year. you would think a college QB would have to throw for over 200 yards sometime if he was a great passing QB.

4. Pat white ranks tied for 66th in passing tds.

5. Tim tebow threw for 17-33, 160 yards and 3 tds. after that he was criticized for his poor play and many people said he had an average arm. I think someone even posted that fox said white should win the heisman now not tebow. However in that last game, tebow completed 52% of his passes, white 53%. Tebow 3 tds, White 2. Pretty much the same stats, yet tebow is thrown under the bus. If comparing White to what many people call an average arm,who did have an off night, then he is maybe the same or less.

6. Comparing a HS QB to a college QB is rediculous and outlandish. High school football, especially the passing game in WV (unless you are nitro) is not really comparable to any college team's Qbs. And as for HS qbs, i believe if they can limit INTs, and end up with a completion percentage over 50% then they are a good QB. The standards for a high school QB and a COllege QB are completely different.

7. Pat white has thrown for 1726 yards this season, that 98th in all of D1 QBs. Any good passer should be able to amass over 2000 yards easily.thats only about 154 yards a game, hardly a hard thing to do.

8. Pat white has never had to, or if he has didnt, throw the ball to win a game. Yes he has made plays in the clutch with his legs, but not with his arm. People have yet to try and key in on his passing "attack" because of the running game, and not being in situations where he had to throw.

9. You say pat white is a good passing QB with 144-216, 1724 yards, 14 tds and 4 INTs. so if that is a good QB then is this considered one too? He has 143 for 235, 1796 yards, 12 tds 5 ints. He also did not throw for more than 4 passes in 4 games. This guy, is SEAN GLENNON. remarkably he has similar stats to Pat white, yet the same people who bash me for not giving Pat White credit, bash him. So if both have pretty much the same stats, when are you gonna give Sean Glennon credit? According to you, Pat white should, so then Sean Glennon should. What you are doing right now is very hypotcritical, but you didnt know it because you didnt check the facts.

Lets face it, pat white may be a great player, but he is not a great passer. The stats do not lie my friend, and you can continue to use your OPINION to justify what you say, but ill use facts. You first said brought up the subject, and i merely responded that he wasnt that impressive, and used his stats to back it up. And that is how i will continually do it, using stats to give my credit, not any opinion or anything else.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact is WVU won the Fiesta Bowl with Pat White passing for 2 TD's and the Hokies were lucky to even keep their game close. This is all bullshit and I am tired of it. You throw all these stats at me and you don't account that Pat White is in a spread-option offense. He will not have the stats of the passing system QB's. Let this crap drop and accept the fact that Pat White can throw the ball when he needs to.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Time Tebow is in a spread offense and he has thrown for 3286 yards and 32 touchdowns. there is another fact for you. Also, i said the spread was a main reason why Pat white gets the yards he does, because of how it spreads the field. you cant argue that. WVu rarely throws the ball down the field, we all know this...

IM glad you used some facts in your statement, and im glad you gave sean glennon credit too.

Tim Tebow runs a spread attack that doesn't run the option nearly as much as WVU. That is why he has more yards. Oh yea, ask Oklahoma if Pat White can't throw the ball downfield.

How in God's name could you give Sean Glennon any credit? Did you see his awful play last night? He pretty much gave that game to KU, along with the "great" Tyrod Taylor.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Man, you need to start looking at the stats. Tebow has only thrown about 100 more passes than White, yet he has almost double his yardage. also, guess who has more attempts on the ground than pat white? Tim tebow. Seems to me like they run the option just as much.

Sean Glennon was one dropped pass away from winning that game last night if you remember correctly. (josh morgan)

and so what if he wasnt perfect last night? He has been my favorite player all season simply because after he was benched he came back and played great football, leading tech to great wins down the stretch. He went through a stretch where he did not throw an interception for 10 games. He also completed the season with a 140 passer rating, which was a 20+ improvement. He was also the ACC championship game MVP.

All im saying is that due to the stats, if you want me to bless pat white with stating he is a great QB, then the same has to go to Glennon.

you just come on here, spouting your opinion, which you base off one game, or one play, about how great a player is or isnt. Pat white didnt have that great of a season throwing the ball, or game throwing the ball. period.

[ QUOTE ]

How in God's name could you give Sean Glennon any credit? Did you see his awful play last night? He pretty much gave that game to KU, along with the "great" Tyrod Taylor.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, this is a prime example of why I hate about 99.9% of WVU fans. They will always be the first to downplay any success that someone has who is not in blue and gold. If they do not play for the almighty West Virginia then they must not be any good. Their arrogance speaks volumes in how they carry themselves. If you can recall 2 nights ago when WVU won their bowl game would you like to tell me how many Tech fans on this message board downplayed their victory and discredited them for winning a bowl game? I personally do not remember seeing anything but good things.

Sean Glennon has had a tough career at Virginia Tech so far, but the he turned it around and became a dependable quarterback throughout the season. Glennon and Taylor both had tough games in the Orange Bowl and it very unfortunate for them. Glennon has proven himself as a leader throughout the season, and the team has bought into him. Tyrod Taylor had an off game last night too, but he is just a freshman and he will make mistakes. Last night he was a bit overwhelmed with the Kansas defense because the two times he was sacked he was under center. If he would have been in the shotgun formation it is possible he could have evaded the pressure.

If you want to be sarcastic and call Tyrod "great" in the Kansas game when he was one of the most talented freshmen in the country, then I guess I can play along too and say that Pat White really burned it up against Pitt and put up a Heisman-esque performance. His RIGHT thumb made all the difference in the world when he was overthrew his receiver in th endzone with his LEFT arm at the end of the Pitt game.

That previous statement shows about the exact amount of intelligence as yours does...

You don't say good things about a team when they lose to a team that wasn't nearly as talented as them. Dammit! This [censored] [censored] has went beyond the point of pissing me off. You said it yourself that Sean Glennon has had a rough year, so therefore I will not say positive things about him. Pat White had a great year, whether it be running or passing and lead his team to a blowout win over a very, very good Oklahoma team. At least VPI did finally give us an interesting BCS game last night. I will thank them for that...

I will not give Sean Glennon credit until he proves he can produce against good teams. The ACC was really, really weak this year and you will all say that the Big East is too but Pat White showed up and beat the mighty Sooners.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Ok, is Boston College a good team?

here is his stats for you:

18 for 27 (67%) for 176 yards, 3 tds 1 int (his first in 10 games). He was named MVP.

or how bout Virginia?

13-19 260 yards, and 1 td. Passer rating of over 200.

[ QUOTE ]

18 for 27 (67%) for 176 yards, 3 tds 1 int (his first in 10 games). He was named MVP.

or how bout Virginia?

[/ QUOTE ]

BC: They were a good team huh? Is that why they completely fell apart when they hit anything that resembled competition?

UVA: No offense to UVA, but they were the luckiest team I have seen in a long time. They got beat my Montana or Wyoming or some school that no one has ever heard of...that tells ya the story on them.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

or how bout Virginia?

[/ QUOTE ]

BC: They were a good team huh? Is that why they completely fell apart when they hit anything that resembled competition?

UVA: No offense to UVA, but they were the luckiest team I have seen in a long time. They got beat my Montana or Wyoming or some school that no one has ever heard of...that tells ya the story on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right give no team credit... except for WVU.

BC has won what, 8 straight bowl games???

UVA lost to Wyoming so they are a bad team... WVU lost to Pitt so are they a bad team?

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

or how bout Virginia?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right give no team credit... except for WVU.

BC has won what, 8 straight bowl games???

UVA lost to Wyoming so they are a bad team... WVU lost to Pitt so are they a bad team?

[/ QUOTE ]

BC has won 8 straight bowl games...against who? Hell, there are some bowl games even Hawaii might could have won.

You can call WVU a bad game because they lost to PITT, but you can't call them a bad them when they hammer one of the best teams in the nation.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

or how bout Virginia?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

UVA also beat UConn.

and as for BC, that was the the DUMBEST post this board has ever seen. I hate to say it, but when they were playing a pretty good team, i think they made a BCS bowl, away at Lane Stadium, down by 10 with 2 minutes left they came back and won that game... So where did they crumble???

they also won their bowl game,beat Clemson, and a decent wake team who also beat the #2 team in the big east.

I am done with this mother-[censored] bullshit.

Yall have pissed me off more than you can imagine.

WVU won...

Tech lost...

Pat White > Sean Glennon

End of the damn conversation.

[ QUOTE ]

BC has won 8 straight bowl games...against who? Hell, there are some bowl games even Hawaii might could have won.

You can call WVU a bad game because they lost to PITT, but you can't call them a bad them when they hammer one of the best teams in the nation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if I act like a typical WVU fan and give no credit to anyone, then I will just say that Oklahoma came out flatter than ever. They didn't show any emotion out there, it wasn't because of WVU's offense or defense. This was one of the worst games Oklahoma could play.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but then he says this...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is very hypotcritical my friend. If you are gonna judge one team by one game, hen you have to do it to them all.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but then he says this...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

that is very hypotcritical my friend. If you are gonna judge one team by one game, hen you have to do it to them all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright WVU sux. Is that what you wanted to [censored] hear?

They lost to PITT and that makes them the worst team to ever play the game of football.

There ya go buddy. I hope you are [censored] happy now.

Oh and Hokie, you say WVU had nothing to do with Oklahoma losing. Apparently I don't know [censored] about this game, but I am pretty sure that one team has to score to win the game. I believe WVU handled that part pretty well.

[ QUOTE ]

Pat White > Sean Glennon

[/ QUOTE ]

If Pat White > Sean Glennon and Tim Tebow > Pat White then Tim Tebow > Sean Glennon

THE TRANSITIVE PROPERTY FINALLY WORKED IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL! wink.gif

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but then he says this...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright WVU sux. Is that what you wanted to [censored] hear?

They lost to PITT and that makes them the worst team to ever play the game of football.

There ya go buddy. I hope you are [censored] happy now.

Oh and Hokie, you say WVU had nothing to do with Oklahoma losing. Apparently I don't know [censored] about this game, but I am pretty sure that one team has to score to win the game. I believe WVU handled that part pretty well.

[/ QUOTE ]

im gonna be like a woman and say no, it wasnt what i wanted to hear cause you didnt mean it...