havent WVU fans learned???

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

here is a letter from Rich Rod's mom. Seems like the whole Pat Mcafee thing is happening again...

--------------------------------------------------

The mother of former West Virginia University head football coach Rich Rodriguez wrote a letter to the editor at the Fairmont Times-West Virginian Thursday.

Arleen Rodriguez said the reasons for her son's departure (to Michigan) are known only to him. She says the threats to her family and the damaged property in the wake of Rich's move are deplorable.

Arleen asked folks to donate money to charity in West Virginia instead of buying anti-Rich t-shirts.

Below is the entire letter to the editor:

"I am writing this to thank our family and many, many friends who have contacted us to congratulate us and wish us well on our son's (Coach Rod's) move to Michigan.

We as a family will especially miss the fun times of all being together every football game Saturday.

Although we are sad to see Rich, Rita and our grandchildren move, it

was their chance to do what he felt necessary for his career.

The circumstances surrounding his move have been very disturbing to our family.

We all love our state, including Rich. However, his reasons to move on are known only to him, and if he chooses not to go into details as to what made him move, we can only respect his decision.

We have found it especially difficult to understand or explain the actions of a few of our West Virginians.

It was deplorable that our family, especially the children, have been threatened and property damaged.

I hope those of you who feel the need to spend your hard-earned money on the anti-Rod T-shirts would take a suggestion and instead donate money to a West Virginia charity, since that would help the state.

When a door closes a window may open, and I hope that this ordeal will soon be settled.

We love you, dear friends and family, who stand by and support us.

May the new year bring peace and happiness along with a Mountaineer victory. We now have two teams to cheer for.

Arleen Rodriguez

Coach Rod's Mom"

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JJBrickface

No Mrs. Rodriguez we don't have two teams to root for. The Mountaineers are the only team. We will NEVER root for Michigan.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

Heaven forbid Rich Rod for wanting to move on to bigger and better things in his life...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you guys do not get it! The man straight up lied to everyone. He signed a contract and said he planned to stay at West Virginia for his whole career. He also tried to take recruits away from WV. He handled himself in a very unprofessional manner. I'm not condoning the behavior of some of the fans but Rich Rod is no angel.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Heaven forbid Rich Rod for wanting to move on to bigger and better things in his life...

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you guys do not get it! The man straight up lied to everyone. He signed a contract and said he planned to stay at West Virginia for his whole career. He also tried to take recruits away from WV. He handled himself in a very unprofessional manner. I'm not condoning the behavior of some of the fans but Rich Rod is no angel.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can see exactly what you mean JJBrickface, and I agree that he did some very shady things as he was leaving (i.e. Terrelle Pryor), but most need to look at the bigger picture. He left WVU for a storied program which is full of football tradition. If he left WVU for a school which is about the same caliber as WVU like a Virginia Tech, UVA, or an Illinois it would be another story, but Rich Rod left to Michigan; one of the best football schools in history. Michigan, Penn State, Alabama, and other storied universities are a big deal and those are truly once in a lifetime opportunities. If Beamer left Virginia Tech I would be upset but I would not go to the extreme of wishing death on his family and making his life a living hell.

To many WVU fans, Rich Rod leaving is a huge conspiracy to destroy West Virginia football. They believe he threw the Pitt game on purpose and that he hates the whole state of West Virginia now. Fans should be grateful that he has built the program to what it is and has left great building blocks for the future. WVU fans need to accept the fact that Rich Rodriguez did nothing but good things for the university and the state. If WVU's football program has lasting success then much of that should be credited to "D*ck Rod" and "Rich the B*tch" and the "traitor" or all of the other creative things that the fans have come up with.

Guest JJBrickface

Well the same could be said about Ken Kendrick then. He is an executive for the Arizona Diamondbacks and a major donor to WVU. Now in the past he has given a large amount to help the university out, however in the past few weeks he has said a bunch of negative things about the administration. His quotes were all over ESPN. His actions has shed a negative light on the future of WVU football, should I kiss his butt just because he gave money in the past? No! Coach Rod did do a lot for WVU football but so did Pat White. I am grateful for where the program is now but its not gonna make me change my mind of what kind of weasel Rod is. What Rod did is whats wrong with sports today, he was more about the money and agent situation. Also as far as tradition goes that all means nothing in my opinion. Michigan lost to Appy State, Miami and Florida St have been average, Penn State is stuck in the JoePa mud, Alabama isn't the same. Its a new era in college football.

[ QUOTE ]

Also as far as tradition goes that all means nothing in my opinion. Michigan lost to Appy State, Miami and Florida St have been average, Penn State is stuck in the JoePa mud, Alabama isn't the same. Its a new era in college football.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can add Notre Dame and Nebraska among others to that list. My wife's a casual football observer, but she said something after WVU beat Oklahoma that I thought was very true "that coach (Rodriguez) might've screwed himself if he doesn't do good at Michigan". Ironically, my wife's an Ohio State fan, though a lifetime West Virginian.

As far as I'm concerned, enough talk about Rich, we've got our guy, Stewart did a monster of a job this month, the team loves him, and I'm looking forward to WVU Football 2008.

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Also as far as tradition goes that all means nothing in my opinion. Michigan lost to Appy State, Miami and Florida St have been average, Penn State is stuck in the JoePa mud, Alabama isn't the same. Its a new era in college football.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notre Dame and Nebraska are perfect examples, but the media always consider them "powerhouses." Despite the horrible season Notre Dame had they still probably had the most exposure of any team in college football. Why can't a team like VT and WVU be considered elite? They have proven they can play with anyone.

Did you see how ESPN ran the story about Coach Stewart's racial slur while at VMI? Ok thats fair enough but they also failed to present the facts to backup that Stewart is not a racist. They didn't report of how Steelers coach Mike Tomlin who is an African-American was on his staff at VMI and publicly announced his endorsement for Coach Stew. Its like these ESPN guys wanna see teams like WVU do bad because they arent a Michigan or Nebraska, they dont want them to replace their daddy's schools.

You can add Notre Dame and Nebraska among others to that list. My wife's a casual football observer, but she said something after WVU beat Oklahoma that I thought was very true "that coach (Rodriguez) might've screwed himself if he doesn't do good at Michigan". Ironically, my wife's an Ohio State fan, though a lifetime West Virginian.

As far as I'm concerned, enough talk about Rich, we've got our guy, Stewart did a monster of a job this month, the team loves him, and I'm looking forward to WVU Football 2008.

[/ QUOTE ]

Notre Dame and Nebraska are perfect examples, but the media always consider them "powerhouses." Despite the horrible season Notre Dame had they still probably had the most exposure of any team in college football. Why can't a team like VT and WVU be considered elite? They have proven they can play with anyone.

Did you see how ESPN ran the story about Coach Stewart's racial slur while at VMI? Ok thats fair enough but they also failed to present the facts to backup that Stewart is not a racist. They didn't report of how Steelers coach Mike Tomlin who is an African-American was on his staff at VMI and publicly announced his endorsement for Coach Stew. Its like these ESPN guys wanna see teams like WVU do bad because they arent a Michigan or Nebraska, they dont want them to replace their daddy's schools.

[ QUOTE ]

Why can't a team like VT and WVU be considered elite? They have proven they can play with anyone.

[/ QUOTE ]

I honestly dont feel like Tech has proven that they can play with anyone. Sure they can play well enough all season to make it to a good bowl game...but we all know what happens then. They still have some work to do before they can be considered an elite program. I will admit that I think WVU is on its way to proving that it can play with anyone. Aside from the Pitt game this season, WVU won all the games that they should have. They really showed the nation what kind of team they are becoming in the Fiesta Bowl.

WVU can play with anyone, easily, it just all depends on what they decide to do on the times they play those teams. WVU hurts themselves with turnovers far too much. Also, a team with quick linebackers and a coach who is still young and energetic and plays for more than just a win, USF, is kryptonite to WVU.

Tech still gets shown up far too many times. They get outcoached throughout entire games when they lose and get outplayed in deciding quarters. I would definitely consider WVU to be far more of a force in college football than VT.

I think it's unfortunate that some people are still stereotyping wvu fans because of some jackass people. I don't judge VT on their idiotic people that I run into. I have met some very nice people from tech.....An alum from tech once gave me two tickets to watch them and WVU in a basketball game and I had never met him. I base my opinion on the team itself. The convicks really turned me away from vt.....I loved the rivalry....but i just can't stand them now. I mean little vick should have been tossed from the team when he was "partying" with some jr. high girls that liked his car his famous brother bought. I mean you don't see pat white doing stupid crap like that......Let's all be adult and stop the stereotyping.

[ QUOTE ]

The convicks really turned me away from vt.....I loved the rivalry....but i just can't stand them now. I mean little vick should have been tossed from the team when he was "partying" with some jr. high girls that liked his car his famous brother bought. I mean you don't see pat white doing stupid crap like that......Let's all be adult and stop the stereotyping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its OK for WVU's players (PacMan & Henry) to break the law and still be in good favor with you...talk about stereotypes...

I mean little vick should have been tossed from the team when he was "partying" with some jr. high girls that liked his car his famous brother bought. I mean you don't see pat white doing stupid crap like that......Let's all be adult and stop the stereotyping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea Pat White has never done any of that crap because he does'nt have an older brother worth millions like Marcus did.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The convicks really turned me away from vt.....I loved the rivalry....but i just can't stand them now. I mean little vick should have been tossed from the team when he was "partying" with some jr. high girls that liked his car his famous brother bought. I mean you don't see pat white doing stupid crap like that......Let's all be adult and stop the stereotyping.

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess its OK for WVU's players (PacMan & Henry) to break the law and still be in good favor with you...talk about stereotypes...

[/ QUOTE ]

you say its bad for marcus vick to party with jr high girls (who had fake ids) but Devine just impregnates them and its ok?

difference...Devine was actually in high school when it happened and his girls were high schoolers as well...Marcus was in college when he partied with his jr high girls....

Guest BEAVERTAIL

[ QUOTE ]

difference...Devine was actually in high school when it happened and his girls were high schoolers as well...Marcus was in college when he partied with his jr high girls....

[/ QUOTE ]

actually if you read the police report, marcus' girls were in high school too...