seth_hill

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Thats news to me...

I'm talking about another B.G. AND B.F.

[/ QUOTE ]

i love how you refuse to mention real names haha

[/ QUOTE ]

For privacy reaons...Everybody on here knows who I am... But those 2 people arent members of the board..So i don't want to make them angry

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha touche...which is spelled like douche...but with a T haha...well...i hate to say it...but im out like a dyslexic in a spelling me...(apologies if anyone is dyslexic)...i still got classes tomorrow....later guys!

Guest JJBrickface

I am in the process of adding you guys on stalker.com, I mean facebook

Guest JJBrickface

[ QUOTE ]

I think I added another person with your name

are you origionally from Chatanooga Tennessee?

[/ QUOTE ]

THe short answer to that would be no.

[ QUOTE ]

Right now I am busting my a$$ hoping to get the grades and money to be able to get into UNC or VT graduate school. You have probably seen me on the court in stripes as well trying to make some money. Thats because I am working on achieving my dream, going to one of my dream schools, and graduating. But to you i guess my dream would be to just unvalidate my bangwagon status. what a lousy dream that would be to have.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to add to the fray but what the heck. NO ONE has to be validated by someone else. When you live in a large metro area ppl DON"T care where you went to school...or at least that has been my experience. I worked w/ppl that went to many different colleges/universities....the only thing it meant was you were harrassed, jokingly, about your school during any given sport season if the topic came up.

I worked for a huge European company and they viewed Americans as sorta "uncouth" for lack of a better word. They all attended university as they called it.....and spoke more than one language....something most native born Americans do not. In fact, I was told we spoke American not real English (which to them was Oxford English)....however, all that being said they were a great co and they respected your work ethic.

Being a graduate from a certain school doesn't validate who you are, being born in the "proper" region (by this I mean no southern accent) doesn't validate who you are, and certainly supporting any sports team DOESN'T validate who you are....the world is much bigger than that.

Your statement aboves validates who you are....you're working toward your goal of what you want to do in life....I, for one, hope you accomplish your goals and get accepted at both schools and then you make the hard choice of which one to choose. Good luck young man.

Alright, I got tired of reading all of this crap, so I’m not sure if anyone else has said this yet... But I did get as far as the bandwagon argument. At some point someone picks a team that they want to cheer for. This is usually when they are very young and just being introduced to a sport. So the person really doesn’t have much to go by when picking a favorite team. It probably depends on 1) a favorite team of a close friend/family member, 2) a local team, 3) a team that has a lot of TV expose, or 4) a team that is really good and is talked about a lot (this will usually fall into #3 as well). So honestly, why is someone a bandwagon fan just because they like a good team? Sure there are bandwagon fans out there. But the only people that I consider bandwagon fans are those the continually jump form team to team, depending on who is doing better at the time. I don’t care how you became a fan of a team...as long as you remain faithful and don’t keep picking a new favorite every year. That’s just my take on the subject.

I have a friend who is truly a bandwagon fan. In the 06-07 season, he absoultely loved Cal because they had great hype and were doing well while in previous years he was a fan of WVU. Through that season he had gained love for Oregon and USF. This year, his favorite team was Oregon and USF after they beat WVU. He told one of his teachers, a WVU fan, that he was glad they lost because he loves USF. Then, as the year ended, he became an LSU fan, buying a shirt and all. THAT IS A BANDWAGON FAN!