3 Days Grace Concert

Ryan4VT

I saw all 3 of them a couple months ago in Huntington. Breaking Benjamin was who I was most excited to see, but Three Days Grace put on a much better show than them. I didn't really like Seether until I saw them live and they were actually pretty good. You should have a good time there, it was a heck of a concert.

[ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see that show. All three bands are great. I'm waiting for the third album from Theory of a Deadman which is set to drop April 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was definitely a great concert but that music in general isn't really my favorite. I listened to a lot of BB and 3DG when they were newer, 5 or so years ago, which was cool because they both played a good amount of older stuff. Most of my friends that I went with listen to that stuff as their #1 choice, but I tend to listen to somewhat softer rock. Some of my favorites are Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, O.A.R., Ben Folds, Ben Harper, G. Love, and older stuff like Clapton, Hendrix, the Allman Brothers, etc. I try to appreciate all kinds of music though.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

I'd love to see that show. All three bands are great. I'm waiting for the third album from Theory of a Deadman which is set to drop April 1st.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it was definitely a great concert but that music in general isn't really my favorite. I listened to a lot of BB and 3DG when they were newer, 5 or so years ago, which was cool because they both played a good amount of older stuff. Most of my friends that I went with listen to that stuff as their #1 choice, but I tend to listen to somewhat softer rock. Some of my favorites are Dave Matthews Band, John Mayer, O.A.R., Ben Folds, Ben Harper, G. Love, and older stuff like Clapton, Hendrix, the Allman Brothers, etc. I try to appreciate all kinds of music though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate all kinds of music as well. I listen to more Rock then anything these days. My administrative assistant at work just shakes her head sometimes when she comes into my office and hears the music I'm listening too on any given day. Could be country, rock, classic rock, blues, 80's, 90's, or even my 60's mix I have. When you have a 30gb mp3 player, the possibilities are almost endless!

I've seen Clapton twice and he is amazing! He is the third greatest guitarist ever behind Hendrix & Stevie Ray, IMO. I've seen so many shows over the years, I've almost lost count. One of favorite things is to watch live music.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I appreciate all kinds of music as well. I listen to more Rock then anything these days. My administrative assistant at work just shakes her head sometimes when she comes into my office and hears the music I'm listening too on any given day. Could be country, rock, classic rock, blues, 80's, 90's, or even my 60's mix I have. When you have a 30gb mp3 player, the possibilities are almost endless!

I've seen Clapton twice and he is amazing! He is the third greatest guitarist ever behind Hendrix & Stevie Ray, IMO. I've seen so many shows over the years, I've almost lost count. One of favorite things is to watch live music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my iPod Video is 30GB and has over 2,000 songs on it, so its hard to tell what is going to come on next! I like to put it on Shuffle mode and just listen to it.

I would love to see Clapton in concert. He is one of my idols! SRV is another one, too. You might think this is funny, but you wanna know who is one of the best guitarists of today's modern music? John Mayer. Ever since 2005 when he stepped down from the pop and into blues, he has really taken off. I used to listen to a lot of his acoustic stuff but his new blues is pretty amazing. I saw him put on a hell of a concert this summer in Charlotte!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, my iPod Video is 30GB and has over 2,000 songs on it, so its hard to tell what is going to come on next! I like to put it on Shuffle mode and just listen to it.

I would love to see Clapton in concert. He is one of my idols! SRV is another one, too. You might think this is funny, but you wanna know who is one of the best guitarists of today's modern music? John Mayer. Ever since 2005 when he stepped down from the pop and into blues, he has really taken off. I used to listen to a lot of his acoustic stuff but his new blues is pretty amazing. I saw him put on a hell of a concert this summer in Charlotte!

[/ QUOTE ]

I have been impressed with some of John's stuff. He is very talented.

One underground blues artist I like is Jimmy Thackery. I've seen him at the Tazewell Fairgrounds twice and he and his band The Drivers do a great job.

If 3DG is so great, why are the only two songs you say that do great in concert belong to someone else???

Do they have any songs that they've done on their own worth listening to?

[ QUOTE ]

If 3DG is so great, why are the only two songs you say that do great in concert belong to someone else???

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah...they have about 5 or 6 "hits" of their own...I grew up in the 80's and saw some of the biggest bands play some if their biggest shows in the "Arena Rock" era...I've seen just about everyone you can name that is worth a damn...and of the newer bands that are out from the past few years, 3 Days Grace are probably one of the better bands...they actually put on a pretty good show...a lot of the new bands i'm just kinda like "NEXT"...but I liked these guys a lot...they look like they are having fun up there.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Download "Riot" you won't regret it...

Riot, Pain, Animal I Have Become, Never Too Late, theres a couple more that I cant remember the names to. Seether is pretty cool. I like Fake It by them.

One of the best shows I've ever seen was at Warped Tour this past year when underOATH played. They were awsome. So was Coheed & Cambria.

[ QUOTE ]

I do too. I wonder if they will play that? Can one of you that has been tell me if they play Broken? Thats my sisters fav. by them and she wants to know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, they played it. No Amy Lee, of course, but he just played it by himself.

[ QUOTE ]

does anyone listen to jack johnson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I didn't mean to leave him off my list. He is one of my all-time favorites... I can't wait until February 5th when his new CD "Sleep Through The Static" drops.

Cool. Thanks man. I cant wait. I've got tickets to see Four Letter Lie, Devil Wears Prada, A Day to Remember, and Silverstein in Cincinatti on March 28th. Silverstein is my fav. band