Why Compton left?

freddie

he just wanted to persue a head coaching job that was his dream and i wish him all the success in the world he is a dang good coach and all you guys that talk crap are just jealous that he didn't coach were ever you go to school and the best luck to patrick henry and the bulldogs 10-0 state champs

[ QUOTE ]

he just wanted to persue a head coaching job that was his dream and i wish him all the success in the world he is a dang good coach and all you guys that talk crap are just jealous that he didn't coach were ever you go to school and the best luck to patrick henry and the bulldogs 10-0 state champs

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as Graham and Richlands are on the schedule, you won't have zero losses. Unless you suit up some of those mid 80's teams. And those guys even in their late 30's and early 40's could probably beat any team Tazewell has fielded in the last 5 years.

[ QUOTE ]

figures t-town worth maybe 2 & surely ph can win 4

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking Tazewell 3 and PH 1. I'm not totally sold on Compton. Not trying to bash him, but 2 years expirence coaching in not enough. And other than a little bit of credibility as a player, when it comes to coaching it means nothing. Tazewell's line I know was young, but they won one game by one point. And they had some decent skill talent, but the line wasn't that good. But if I am wrong I'll eat some crow.

guess you'll have a partner in the crow eating!

when i was at emory in the early 90's seen some of those rithcie thomas ph teams play. if compton can get the interest back at ph they should be just fine. they always seem to have the off. / def. lines but few skill players. compton will win at ph!

[ QUOTE ]

when i was at emory in the early 90's seen some of those rithcie thomas ph teams play. if compton can get the interest back at ph they should be just fine. they always seem to have the off. / def. lines but few skill players. compton will win at ph!

[/ QUOTE ]

If he gets the Groves kid back, then I'll give him three wins. I think it will be a rough start though.

why can't we all just be happy for a local guy. several have bashed his "coaching" ability and how many of you have coached

[ QUOTE ]

The Groves kid is a baller anybody who can return punts and kickoffs for touchdowns on a 5a texas state championship team is good and he is coming back ph makes a run at state

[/ QUOTE ]groves is already back at ph.

I don't think it is necessarily bashing Compton as much as it is questioning PH on their thought process. They have been below par for many years. They aren't getting many kids out and they are very weak fundamentally. Typically a school looks for experience and success when hiring a new coach under these circumstances, rather than a guy with almost no coaching experience. Coach Compton obviously has had great success playing football, but that does not necessarily make for coaching success. I wish Coach and his team much success, but I think it is going to be rough.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If he gets the Groves kid back, then I'll give him three wins. I think it will be a rough start though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Coaching isn't as big of an issue there as people think. I think the true issue has been lack of talent and enthusiasm to play football there.

[ QUOTE ]

Thats why guys like you are always on the outside looking in. How many rings do you have? King Mike has 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

i just have a question...did "King Mike" actually play in any of the Super Bowls...or any games during the year?? im not trying to be an [censored]..i honestly have no clue