Peter Rose QB from Amherst arrested

89Tornado

Sorry to not have a link available, but I received a tech sideline email, it had a short article on it. He was arrested from an ongoing drug bust there. Apparently, he sold drugs to a undercover cop there at the school.

This is a sad and a happy story all at the same time.

It is sad that these young people are potentially throwing away a future that they have sitting on a silver platter right in front of them.

On the other hand it is a happy story because it is cleaning up some of the drug problems in Virginia's high schools. I had never thought about police departments putting undercover students in schools to bust other students for drugs...but it seems like a very effective ploy. I wouldn't mind seeing it used around here.

I hate to see the future of these kids ruined, but if they are going to do such dumb things they deserve to be caught and face the punishments. I just hope that Beamer doesn’t let this one pass. Surely he has learned his lesson from past troubled athletes.

[ QUOTE ]

Who said they wasn't?????????

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess you are right. There just hasnt been any reports of any busts using undercover agents that I can ever remeber. But you are right, that they could be conducting suc inverstigation right now and we would never know.

As a parent your heart breaks to hear this. As a sports fan you say, oh no here we go again, abundant talent, but no maturity to see the consequences of wrong choices. As a Christian, Peter Rose needs our prayers at this time.

Virginia Tech has pulled Rose's scholarship offer per Hokiesports.com

Tech withdraws scholarship offer

May 19, 2008

BLACKSBURG, Va. - Virginia Tech football coach Frank Beamer announced Monday morning that the Hokies have withdrawn their scholarship offer to recruit Peter Rose.

"Each scholarship offer we make is contingent upon a number of requirements, one of which is maintaining the high standards required of each recruit in their community, school and on the football field," Beamer said. "I am disappointed that this action was necessary."

In making the announcement, Beamer said that there would be no further comment on the matter.

That's the only thing that VT could do. They've done it before with the DB recruit from Charlotte who was his senior class President but got caught stealing computers from the school...he ended up at Louisville...

[ QUOTE ]

That's the only thing that VT could do. They've done it before with the DB recruit from Charlotte who was his senior class President but got caught stealing computers from the school...he ended up at Louisville...

[/ QUOTE ]

Rod Council

I just don't see how some of these kids or adults can look at a situation or activity and decided "this is a good course of action to take." They throw everything away.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Rod Council

I just don't see how some of these kids or adults can look at a situation or activity and decided "this is a good course of action to take." They throw everything away.

[/ QUOTE ]

The sad thing is he probably didnt throw everything away. He will still get an offer form some school, and will still have the chance to make it to the pros. Thats the reason athelete do the things they do...because they can always get a second chance, and and a third, and a...you get the point.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I just found out that he was kicked off Lousiville's team too this past February. What an idiot!

http://www.cardchronicle.com/story/2008/2/20/18845/2592