Barack Obama... Elitist.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Guest BEAVERTAIL

I just want to end in saying this, i dont understand how anyone can honestly have so much hatred for this country that has given each and every one of us so much. What I say, who I believe in, my ability bear arms, are all things that I can do in this country that many people across the globe cannot. This country has given many people a dream. remember the "Great American Dream"? Only in America is now ringing in my head, brooks and dunn knew what they were singing about.

[ QUOTE ]

One kid dreams of fame and fortune

One kid helps pay the rent

One could end up going to prison

One just might be president

[/ QUOTE ]

thats a great thing about America... We all can control our destiny. No one else can. Life is what we make it, and race, gender, or even religon doesnt play any effect. Any man can become whatsoever they want. That is something to truly be thankful for and respect.

but getting the ability didnt come easy, and as Toby Keith said...

[ QUOTE ]

American girls and American guys will always stand up and salute;

Will always recognize

When we see ol' glory flying,

There's a lot of men dead,

So we can sleep in peace at night when we lay down our head.

My daddy served in the army,

Where he lost his right eye.

But he flew a flag out in our yard 'til the day that he died.

He wanted my mother, my brother, my sister and me

To grow up and live happy in the land of the free.

[/ QUOTE ]

People have been fighting for our country from the beginning. And not only are the soldiers in Iraq fighting for the people in Iraq and Afghanistan, but for us over here so that we do not fall to any more terrorist attacks that kill many innocent people. Our soldiers have protected our country for so long, we need to respect that and pay our dues. even those injured in war as you can see above still love this country and our proud of it. They have no regrets for fighting for what they believed was right and for THEIR and OUR country.

All of us have worked hard to bring this great country together, which finally brings me to the great Lynyrd Skynyrd...

[ QUOTE ]

My daddy's worked hard and so have I, we've paid our taxes and gave our lives

To serve this great country so what are they complaining about

Yeah we love our families, we love our kids

You know it's love that makes us all so rich

That's where we're at and if they don't like they can just get the hell out

[/ QUOTE ]

Isnt that what it is all about? Isnt that what Kennedy said? "And so, my fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country." Why not do the simple things like paying taxes supporting your country your troops and your American brothers and sisters. After all the things that this country has given us why not do the small things?

I love my country. May not love all the people in it, but I do love my country and what it stands for. I am part of America, just as America is part of me.

Dont tread on this!

freedom_isnt_free.jpg

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

thats funny. Cause I dont see anything that shows that GWB went against anything he said... All you are doing is attacking the man not his policies or platforms, a logical fallicy called ad hominum which really does nothing for an argument... but the left wing media sure loves using it...

[/ QUOTE ]

This country has fallen apart over the past few decades. Our debt is a number so unreal that I can only laugh at it...

It is seriously becoming hard to be an American.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh yeah we have it horrible...fast food the internet cell phones the list goes on and on and on...if you think it is becoming hard to be an American...go live in a third world country that doesnt have anything at all other than the clothes on their backs and hopefully a place to shield them from the elements while they sleep...those people risk their lives every day hunting for FOOD TO EAT...

the path with endless freedoms...the path that allow us to drive to work safely...attend school and social events without worrying about gunmen...the path that allows us to get on here and speak our mind...the path where i can leave right now and go get food where i want i guess....

This economy is in big trouble. Did you get a chance to see the post I made including the national debt clock. It is rediculous. They act like money is just a thing on paper that doesn't cost when you print it out.

There will never be a fix for the economy. That issue has been discussed and debated by some of the greatest minds in our country. Every administration since Carter has attempted to find a solution. Aside from complete isolation from the outside world and complete self reliance there can be no fix. Others have found "band-aids" that appeared to be solutions but left voids elsewhere. At this point Band-aids are all that we as general citizens can expect from any administration. You cannot place responsibilty for our current issues soley on GWB. Every president for some time has inherited a "broken" system from the outgoing admin.

Having said that, as someone who is still attempting to dig 15 months of Iraq sand from his crack and fighting a ringing in his ears from the many IED's, mortar rounds and heavy weapons fire, my opinion on this war is a simple one.

While I did not agree with the reasons for going into Iraq something had to be done in that country. Sure we did not find WMD's but what we did find were mass burial sites. Warehouses with thousands of boxes of human reamins. Children left with no parents(some with torture inflicted disfigurements that are hard to describe without choking back a little bit hatred).

A society that has been conditioned by its former government to hate the western world without any contact or understanding of it populace.

I knew soldiers that are no longer here and know soldiers who are now faced with what might be their toughest personal battles. The one common thread that most share is patriotism. The willingness to shoulder a responsibilty that few feel challenged to accept. I won't taunt you for your beliefs or views on our government. That is your right. But, I assure you that it is a privelege you would not be able to exercise as a citizen in many countries of the world.

[ QUOTE ]

Having said that, as someone who is still attempting to dig 15 months of Iraq sand from his crack and fighting a ringing in his ears from the many IED's, mortar rounds and heavy weapons fire, my opinion on this war is a simple one.

While I did not agree with the reasons for going into Iraq something had to be done in that country. Sure we did not find WMD's but what we did find were mass burial sites. Warehouses with thousands of boxes of human reamins. Children left with no parents(some with torture inflicted disfigurements that are hard to describe without choking back a little bit hatred).

A society that has been conditioned by its former government to hate the western world without any contact or understanding of it populace.

I knew soldiers that are no longer here and know soldiers who are now faced with what might be their toughest personal battles. The one common thread that most share is patriotism. The willingness to shoulder a responsibilty that few feel challenged to accept. I won't taunt you for your beliefs or views on our government. That is your right. But, I assure you that it is a privelege you would not be able to exercise as a citizen in many countries of the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for sharing with us your experience in Iraq. A former pastor of mine had a favorite saying that I believe applies here "a man with an opinion can never stand up to a man with an experience." You, Mr. Popeye, have given us your experience, so eloquently stated, that our opinions pale in comparison. Again, thank you for making it so real and plain that a child could understand.

thank you for your sevice. its the guys like you that have enabled us the ability to enjoy the opportunities and privilages that we have here. love it or leave it we have it better here than anywhere else. (personally i wish the non lovers would leave)

[ QUOTE ]

There will never be a fix for the economy. That issue has been discussed and debated by some of the greatest minds in our country. Every administration since Carter has attempted to find a solution. Aside from complete isolation from the outside world and complete self reliance there can be no fix. Others have found "band-aids" that appeared to be solutions but left voids elsewhere. At this point Band-aids are all that we as general citizens can expect from any administration. You cannot place responsibilty for our current issues soley on GWB. Every president for some time has inherited a "broken" system from the outgoing admin.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you Popeye. I am grateful for what you have done for this country. When I sit back and think if we needed help, I would want someone to stick their nose into the fight. I am sorry for all the hatred I have produced for me, and I am very proud to be an American.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Just saw this on Glenn Beck, and he was talking about how the war is not being shown in the correct light... He has a show on CNN... here are the stats...

Since 9/11... Terrorist Attacks are down 40%.

Since this time last year, US casualties are down 82%.

That is saying something.

I also want to truly express my gratitude to Popeye and his fellow soldiers... Thank You!!!

I LOVE OUR TROOPS. Let me start by saying that. What I am about to say does not speak against their incomparable service to our country. But there is a difference between patriotism and blind faith. I want what is best for our country. I love America and what we stand for. But does that mean I have to agree with everything our leaders say? Beavertail, say Obama gets elected president. Does that mean your views change to conform to those of Obama? Or will you keep your stances that you have expressed as of now? If you changed your stances, that would be an example of blind faith. Blind faith is having an romanticized idea of what "should" be, not what actually is. I'd rather not go into all my views on different arguable topics in government right now, but if you have questions, p.m. me or call me out here. I am a patriot. I want the best for our country. But that means that we can disagree with what is being done in our country. Again, I consider myself a patriot. I don't consider myself a follower of a blind faith in an ideological concept that isn't being carried out in the best way possible. One more thing, be careful with this so called patriotism. It can be blinding.

To clarify, I don't actually know what that original post had to do with elitism. Elitism is a belief that one is better than another. Does Obama think he is better than his potential constituents? Where in the first post does it give examples of Obama being "elitist"?

One more disclaimer, I haven't decided who I will vote for. I look past party lines at the candidates and their stances on issues I see as most important.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Would I conform to Obama's views? Never. That would go against my morals. And secondly, there is a difference between speaking out on a president and calling our whole nation a bunch of liars and thieves. It is one thing to question ones decisions and platforms, but it is another to say they are intentionally running our country into the ground.

Now, if Obama wins will I publicly disagree with what he does, maybe. But to say he is doing it for only his own good and that he is a rotten thief is where we cross the lines of unpatriotism. patriotism is all about doing things to better your country, not just for yourself, but everyone. It needs to be done in the right way, not in a way where someone actually throws stones at our country, calling for the demise of it. You can maintain patriotism while still raising flags.

As for the first post, I dont know how i could be more clear. Once again, aside from the facts of what he said about small town people clinging to their guns, he will not answer questions about his:

1.social issues,

2.his past relations with unheralded people

3.his stance on international affairs,

4 his wife can not be brought into the picture.

Now the fact that Obama WILL NOT field certain questions that other presidential candidates are answering when called upon, (hillary-Bosnia) makes him an elitist. Not only that,but when he says no one will talk about his wife, and i quote... If they think that they’re going to try to make Michelle an issue in this campaign, they should be careful, because that I find unacceptable, the notion that you start attacking my wife or my family.â€

Well Obama, isnt Bill Clinton Family???

Here is what Obama said About MR. Clinton...

"He continues to make statements that are not supported by the facts -- whether it's about my record of opposition to the war in Iraq or our approach to organizing in Las Vegas. This has become a habit, and one of the things that we're gonna have to do is to directly confront Bill Clinton when he's making statements that are not factually accurate."

In addition the references to his wife were not even made by a clinton but a campaign supporter... Here is what his campaign supporter said about Bill...

"Bill Clinton cannot possibly seriously believe Obama is not a patriot and can`t possibly said to be helping instead of hurting his own party. Bill Clinton should never be forgiven, period. This is a stain on his legacy, much worse, much deeper than the one on Monica`s blue dress."

Not only was he talking about his stances,but he also took into his personal life, which is another story... especially compared to the mundane words about Mrs. Obama's lack of patriotism.

Elitism - The belief that certain persons or members of certain classes or groups deserve favored treatment

I believe the above, as well as my first post shows that Barack Obama thinks he deserves favored treatment...

I hope I answered your questions and clarified my thoughts. Thanks.