Celtics or Lakers

Hey it's like watching the old NBA again. Maybe the rise of the Bulls is next. Anyway, who do you think is going to win and in how many games. Boston won the season series 2-0. Doesn't mean a thing now though. Any word on Bynum , whether he will be back or not?

Bynum doesnt plan to be back, however, with the way the Lakers and Kobe are playing, I dont see that being a problem. They prevailed through the toughest Western Conference in a long time and did so with relative ease and without their main big man. I say Lakers in 6.

[ QUOTE ]

Hey it's like watching the old NBA again.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhhhh.....no it's not. The game is waaaay different now then 25 years ago, even though the object is to put the ball in the basket.

[ QUOTE ]

Its a conspiracy. David Stern will choose the winner in Game 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use to think people that said that were so duam but the more i watch the more i believe its a conspiracy. I mean i wanted to see the laker/celtic matchup but in the west cost finals the refs was horrible to the spurs. I remember when barry went up for the three pointer and got hacked and it was the 4th quarter with the spurs down by 2 with a few secs left. I also think its funny how the bulls had a 1.6 percent chance of winning the lottery and they did. Could that be Stern helpin out the other big market team? I also have a feeling when Lebron's contract is up New York will get him, wait and see.

Boston in 7

I watched every game of the Lakers/Spurs series, and coming from a Spurs fan, the officiating was horrible all the way around. They seemed like they didnt want either team to win. I believe it was game three at San Antonio where I was just sitting at home laughing at all the calls.

New rule for the NBA Championship Series: 1) Nobody from the opposing team may come within three feet of Kobe Bryant. 2) If said violation occurs then player who violated such rule will be accessed a personal foul. 3) If said player commits the violation the second time then said player will be ejected from game. 4) If said player commits a third offense then he will be suspended for the entire series.

[ QUOTE ]

anyone see where paul pierce hit the 3 pointer and they called an offensive foul?

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Oh yes. That was the WORST call I have ever seen. What an idiot that ref is...

[ QUOTE ]

New rule for the NBA Championship Series: 1) Nobody from the opposing team may come within three feet of Kobe Bryant.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha kobe is one of my favorite players in the league but your right, all he has to do is drive down to the lane and its like he automatically goes to foul line, but he not the only one....just about every superstar get that from the refs but the worst is A.I. if you breath on him he goes to the foul line

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

New rule for the NBA Championship Series: 1) Nobody from the opposing team may come within three feet of Kobe Bryant.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha kobe is one of my favorite players in the league but your right, all he has to do is drive down to the lane and its like he automatically goes to foul line, but he not the only one....just about every superstar get that from the refs but the worst is A.I. if you breath on him he goes to the foul line

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right about that, I was poking fun at Kobe but the officiating in the NBA is just a complete joke. Sometimes I really think that the referee scandal is not completely over with.

Guest JJBrickface

My pet peeve is when refs give "veteran" players a call but not a younger guy in the league. You should call the game equal for everyone. The announcers always laugh it off during the games but I think its totally stupid. I also hate how they say they won't call a foul when there are only a few seconds left. A foul is a foul and it should be called on whoever committs during the whole length of the game.

[ QUOTE ]

My pet peeve is when refs give "veteran" players a call but not a younger guy in the league. You should call the game equal for everyone. The announcers always laugh it off during the games but I think its totally stupid. I also hate how they say they won't call a foul when there are only a few seconds left. A foul is a foul and it should be called on whoever committs during the whole length of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. I also hate calls being so in favor of the home team. It was BAD last night... but not as bad as a difference of 28 FT's pro-Boston in Boston. Ridiculous. Can't they just call the game fair?

maybe donaghey (sp?) is right...maybe the games are fixed. think about it if boston had won last night they would've been up 3-0, lakers might win 1 more but i'd say if there up 3-0 boston would have took it in 2 games or even 1... and what does that mean for the NBA? less money and also if the series goes to 6 or 7 ratings will soar and make it another classic lakers vs. celtics finals. I mean i know donaghey is in the wrong and i shouldn't believe him but idk i think he could be right also and that he's not the only one doing this because as i've thought about it, it seems very possible.

i see the Celtics taking game 5 with Perkins having a huge game with a double double 17 points and 14 rebounds coming from him along with the Boston Three Party (gotta love the SC commercials) all having double figures scoring...