The season is underway in VA!!!

Bulldogs52

Graham had 37 players and 2 on vac. the 2 georgia transfers looked good 2 brothers freshman and a soph. the older of the 2 shows prom. at reciever.harris is fast and he put it on lane pretty good. omg the line is huge.gold shorts and cardinal tops were the atire for the day.good luck guys.

[ QUOTE ]

the 2 georgia transfers looked good 2 brothers freshman and a soph. the older of the 2 shows prom. at reciever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who are they??? I'm hoping it is who I think it is...PM me with details...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

the 2 georgia transfers looked good 2 brothers freshman and a soph. the older of the 2 shows prom. at reciever.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i sent u a pm.the soph. reminds me of nathan belcher a lot.size,good hands.he could be a very serious go to guy with his height.

[ QUOTE ]

I had Grundy had right at 20 people there today and they left 4 people behind because they didnt have a phyical. I think its going to be a very long season for the wave...

[/ QUOTE ]

The kids at Grundy need to quit playing Guitar Hero and get outside and play some football...there is no excuse for them not having at least 35-40 kids playing. I guess they are afraid to mess up the scholarships they are going to get in other sports by getting hurt playing football...right.

[ QUOTE ]

I think that they would have more people come out for football if politics wasnt involved.at least thats what i was told.

[/ QUOTE ]

that's not even the beginning of it.

[ QUOTE ]

well yeah ur right.would it help if they cleaned house at the HS?

[/ QUOTE ]

To be honest with you...no.

If it were up to me...and it's not..I'm just an idiot with a website that loves football...but, if it were up to me..and I'm sure this will piss off a lot of people...but...I would like to see Coach Rowe and Coach Compton stay...they are both very good coaches and Compton is as good a defensive mind as you will find anywhere around here...Rowe needs to go back to calling the offense.

I'd get rid of all the rest and bring in people who want to be there and want to not only help out but win...then the school needs to get behind the program...I think the people running the school would just as well shut down the football program completely if they could do so and get away with it...thats a shame.

The other sports need to stop the BS that they have going on with the football program as well and encourage the kids to just play sports...all sports...the more the better...this stuff with not wanting kids to play this sport or that because they play a certain sport needs to stop...the teams need to stop the in fighting.

There are some coaches in the program now who wouldn't know to start Barry Sanders if he had a Golden Wave helmet strapped on...much less to get the ball to him....they need to go.

Then someone ...anyone...needs to get the lower level situation fixed...even if that means you get whatever kids you can get and you play each other every day...all the kids play if they come out and practice I don't care how bad you think they are...you play...this needs to go on at the high school level as well...Grundy is not going to win many games...all the kids that show up and play should get some playing time EVERY GAME...it's time to put the fun back in football and the wins will follow later...for now you do your best to try to win but the important thing is if you have 20 kids on the field then you better have 20 uniforms to wash after every game.

At some point, someone needs to step up and invest in the kids at the lower level though...thats the only hope for the future.

Just my opinion since you asked...I know ahead of time it's not going to be popular on many fronts with a lot of people...but that's my honest take on it...I wish there was something more I could do to help out, if I could I would.

im not a football wizard,but i know if you dont get the kids in it at an early age they will find other intrests.i feel the same way about washing the 20 uniforms,if the kids come to play let em play,thats why their there.if i was a coach and im not every kid would play in every game.and it isnt impossible to do.i would rather have a kid go in the game for an injured player with 5 plays under his belt than 0 plays.thats how these kids get confidence,is by showing your trust in them and letting them play and telling them good job,instead of you suck.but i dont know of any coach that does that.but id love to see it.winning is important but its not everything.

How about Twin Valley and Hurley, aren't they close enough to put some midget league stuff together. Have they ever thought about school consolidation in Buch. Co.? And what ever happen to Scammell is he still coaching? Just thoughts.

Info from Blues site. Had 67 players to show for practice. Still had 4 that was not able to make it. What I personaly saw was that Richlands looks like they are going to be in great shape for another run at the district title.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In the infamous words of Dennis Green...

"They are who I thought they were..."

Welcome to Graham, boys!!!

[ QUOTE ]

Graham had 37 players and 2 on vac. the 2 georgia transfers looked good 2 brothers freshman and a soph. the older of the 2 shows prom. at reciever.harris is fast and he put it on lane pretty good. omg the line is huge.gold shorts and cardinal tops were the atire for the day.good luck guys.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that 37 Varsity? Because I'm hearing that more like 55 to 60 were coming out.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that 37 Varsity? Because I'm hearing that more like 55 to 60 were coming out.

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the BDT, Graham had 60 players out...