Black Diamond

Warriors_XO

Drove by Twin Valley's morning practice last Monday...unless they had some of the kids hid, I only counted 12...I really do hope more turn out for them.

Don't really catch much on the Hurley side living in Richlands these days...Is Tester still the coach?

[ QUOTE ]

Drove by Twin Valley's morning practice last Monday...unless they had some of the kids hid, I only counted 12...I really do hope more turn out for them.

Don't really catch much on the Hurley side living in Richlands these days...Is Tester still the coach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup...

honaker has at least 40 when i saw them practice. it might be a rebuilding year for honaker b/c they lost one of the best runningbacks i've ever seen in a while, but we'll never know til football is here.

i think it will be a toss-up. it all depends on who wants it more this year. both teams are in a rebuilding state b/c they lost some key players that help them last year. For the last 2-3 years it been all Richlands at this point, but with Austin Fuller going to VT and Logan Ball going to a Div 2 school from what i heard, it might be a good game for once, but we'll never know until Richlands & Honaker Hook-up for the Clinch River Classic

I watched the Blue and White game in Richlands last night and it went ok. Not the power house they have been but I think they may make the playoffs. RB looked decent (seizmore) I heard it was up for grabs but he looked the best to me. We have some wideouts that can run good routes and catch the ball, but their small. Replacing alot on defense may take some work. But its high school football your not gonna be in the state championship every year.

i have to agree. Mance is one of the Best coaches in the SWVA, but what im saying (and im not being mean or anything. if i offend you, im really sorry) is that its gonna be a rebuilding state for richlands b/c they lost some really good players that helped them go to 3 state title appearances. mance has got some work to do if he wants to get them back to state for a 4th time

[ QUOTE ]

oh no arguement i agree they are gonna miss austin fuller more than they think.you just dont replace a player like that.you only get one of those once in a blue moon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richlands has been truly blessed over the last few years with the WR corp. Fuller, Davis and Stanton were some of the best. What is the old adage they say about good sports programs " they don't rebuild, just reload." Hope that is true for the Blues this year--Mance and his staff are definitely some of the best around, in recognizing talent and fitting the players to positions they will flourish and mature in.