Honest opinions only bout the dawgs

Tid_Bit

I have been out of town for several weeks and did not get a chance to see the dawgs scrimmage. What did they look like(i know they were wearing green and white....LOL). Who stood out and who disappointed?

overall they looked good for this early in the year.....some of the pocy kids have stepped in and become contributors.

Pulaski outsized Tazewell considerably at every position.

Tazewell O moved the ball very well against Pulaski but couldn't score til the end.

The D held up really well against Pulaski....more emphasis on wrapping up should happen in practice tho.

I dont know how well they will do this year but Tazewell's boys are definately fearless.....they really stood their own against Pulaski..

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not looking to stir the pot, but I was told by a neutral observer that Tazewell was pushed all over the field by a bigger, faster, quicker, and more athletic PC squad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I heard as well...from a Tazewell fan who doesn't look at the world through Bulldog colored glasses...

Tazewell didn’t look real solid. Granted they were overmatched all over the field but they did not move the ball well at all. Had some impressive passes but an absolutely limited running game. The defense was actually making plays or were in position to make plays. It was difficult getting a good read on Tazewell. The O-line was pushed into Russell county by Pulaski’s huge line and that running back has amazing talent. I don’t think that Tazewell will see a better team anywhere on the schedule this year.

[ QUOTE ]

I heard the first team didn't get past the 50 and Peak ran all over your defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

That guy will run over all defense's he faces this year, so that is a understatement.

I have a cousin who coaches at PC. He said PC wasn't trying to do anything fancy, just testing everybody out at all the different positions. They ran 12 different running backs. I don't think we'll know much about Tazewell until they play a real game, scrimmages are never a good judge of where a team is actually at, because we don't know what the coaches are trying to get accomplished. He did say that they were very scrappy.

[ QUOTE ]

I heard the first team didn't get past the 50 and Peak ran all over your defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Based on your posts the moral is....dont believe everything you hear

Tazewell was definately overmatched by PC but not by any means dominated. Peak ran well and broke a few tackles but was also smashed in the backfield on one hit and the Tazewell defender had a PC lineman draped all over his back.

Maybe the lineman gave his added leverage.....theres an excuse for ya.

Overall when your D line is dominated and PC's first team scored twice on about 30 plays, I'd say it was due to Taz's LBs and DBs doing a great job.

Also, to the poster who said Tazewell didn't get past the 50...Sorry man, but they did on all drives by the first team but one

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Tazewell was definately overmatched by PC but not by any means dominated. Peak ran well and broke a few tackles but was also smashed in the backfield on one hit and the Tazewell defender had a PC lineman draped all over his back.

Overall when your D line is dominated and PC's first team scored twice on about 30 plays, I'd say it was due to Taz's LBs and DBs doing a great job.

Also, to the poster who said Tazewell didn't get past the 50...Sorry man, but they did on all drives by the first team but one

[/ QUOTE ]

dawgs05 watched a different scrimmage than everyone else...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

another classic

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

another classic

[/ QUOTE ]

Just keep enjoying the world through those green and white glasses my friend...

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

another classic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You enjoy the world through the maroon and gold glasses and we all will be OK!

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

another classic

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You enjoy the world through the maroon and gold glasses and we all will be OK!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't look at the world through maroon and gold glasses...read my "Early Graham-Richlands prediction" thread on VAPreps...

http://virginiapreps.rivals.com/showmsg....807&style=1

Contrary to Bulldog belief, I tell it like it is...Graham and Richlands will be at the top of the SWD again this season and NEITHER, nor any other Region IV Division 3 team, will stay within three TDs of the Region III Champion this year...

Graham and Richlands looked terrible in their scrimmages last week, Tazewell was DOMINATED by Pulaski which really wasn't a shock to anyone. With Tazewell coming off a 1-9 season and the fact that several former Pocahontas players are going to be playing a significant role for the Bulldogs this season, that leads me to believe that things aren't as great as many of the Bulldog faithful are making them out to be. When you team is going to rely on significant "help" from kids who played on the worst team in arguably the worst Class A football district in the state of VA, that doesn't bode well for a successful season. Although, coming off a 1-9 year, anything better would be considered a success, I guess.

Unlike the 'dogs football team, REALITY bites...

Since I live in Dublin, work in Marion and I grew up in Bluefield...I think I offer a unique perspective on the situation.

Pulaski has VERY HIGH expectations this season. How do I know? I have a cousin who coaches for PC and an uncle who is a former Principal and stays close to PC and their athletic programs. They tell me that this SHOULD BE one of the better teams that PC has fielded in the past several years. Neither was very impressed with Tazewell, however they did tell me that they were very "scrappy" and little bit better than they were last season. So, that's all I have to go on as far as Tazewell is concerned. As for Richlands and Graham...I expected to hear better reports on these two teams, so I guess I'll have to see them for myself before I pass judgment, however I do respect G-Man's opinion and don't believe he would steer anybody wrong.

If all of this is true, I have to think that Marion should have a legitimate shot at winning the district.

My head wants to tell me that Graham will improve throughout the season (as they usually do) and will have a very strong team come playoff time...however, I'm not so sure that the "titanic" over there isn't headed for an iceberg, now that there's a new "crew" running things.

by no means were we "dominated". there was plenty of times we would stop PC about 4 or 5 times in a row for a loss. in a real game our offense would get the ball back. and our offense did get passed the 50 more than once. so for all the people that weren't at the scrimage..believe it from someone who was there.

PC is loaded..and no team should be able to completely shut them down, especially a team that was 1-9 last year. so i'm not saying we're gonna be world beaters, but we're working hard to improve every day. hopefully we'll give every team a run for their money..but who knows..it's still the preseason right now and noone really knows how good any team will be.

& GMAN, you will never understand how hard it was every friday to play for pocahontas. when your dressing less than 20 players for a football game you're always going to be at a disadvantage. we did have some talented players, and thats why we hung in every game we played for the beginning of the season. we're working hard in practice to be better..and to make the team better. that's all we can do. so offense dude..but don't talk about something don't know about. if you wanna come to pulaski on friday and be the judge of how pocy players our doing then be my guest. and then you can talk about us all you want. but it gets to me more than anyone when someone puts pocahontas down..so i'd appreciate it if you wouldn't.

& Raz started practicing today.

[ QUOTE ]

& Raz started practicing today.

[/ QUOTE ]

that is BY FAR the best news i have heard about ANY SPORT ALL YEAR LONG!!!! Congrats to TJ on making it back through one of the hardest times he will more than likely face in his life!

Yeah Gman what makes you look down on Pocy players so much like Graham, Richlands, and Tazewell players as just suppose to be more talented then us just because where they come from. Well im pretty sure the players from pocy have been working just as hard as graham, richlands, and tazewell since there freshman year. So how bout you stop putting us down and actually come watch and see for yourself instead of listening to this he said bull. Dont think just because we come from a lil school doesnt mean we havent work in the off season running and lifting so how bout you stop walking with your nose up like yall are something special cause yall aren't no different from us just a 15 min drive is the difference.And im not tryin to bash anyone but some of yall need to stop thinking that Pocahontas doesnt have any tradition at all.