My official apology to the Tazewell Bulldogs

CPF

For some reason or another, nobody wants to talk about Carroll County. Carroll was a young football team last year and you mark this down, they will be in the thick of a district title. You know how Carroll has one of those 8-2, 9-1 football teams every 5 years? This is one of those years. Every time it happens, it's the same circumstances as this year....nobody is even considering them preseason until they bust out to a 5-0 or 6-1 record.

For some reason or another, nobody wants to talk about Carroll County. Carroll was a young football team last year and you mark this down, they will be in the thick of a district title. You know how Carroll has one of those 8-2, 9-1 football teams every 5 years? This is one of those years. Every time it happens, it's the same circumstances as this year....nobody is even considering them preseason until they bust out to a 5-0 or 6-1 record.

well we lost to bassett tonight 28-7 however they are probably the best team we or maybe anyone in the district will play this year. first 2 drives of theres we held them to a FG each time then they got a TD also so it was 21-0 at the half, we came out stopped them and drove the ball down there throats to like the 20-15 yard line but a fumble cost us bigtime and they scored on the recovery and we held them the rest of the night and also scored a TD in the 4th quarter (against the starters i'm pretty sure it wasn't the backups)

yet they just got beat 28-7 @ home.

I'd like to see how grundy would fair against bassett

I'd say better than CC did if they had 1100 kids in the school...but, with 400 I doubt they would do very well...of course you don't see Grundy on here saying they will go 5-0 or 6-1 to start the year either....or how it's a "powerhouse" year.

You guys should try to petition the VHSL to get your refs back for your home games...you could at least go 5-5 that way.

:)

I do not post on here much but after reading your posts for the last couple of weeks it is going to be so hard for you to admit that you were wrong. Granted most picked Tazewell to get beat but just how you said they would get beat so bad it is going to be hard for you to build credibility. Go ahead and start your posts about Gate City, that is your easiest way to avoid the crow that you are consuming.

going to be hard for me to admit i was wrong,because im a man.and how many people on here who seen george wythe over the past couple of weeks wouldve thought they would play so bad?not me. my congrats to Tazewell i dont know much about the game because i didnt go but the bulldogs put the bite on george wythe and represented the SWD better than any other swd team last night.tazewell is 1-0 and they already have as many wins as last year.it was good to hear that TJ was out there playing.sorry for doubting the bulldogs.keep representing the SWD well.and good luck next week against Gate City i hope you can keep it going.

Gate City vs Tazewell should be a very good game...maybe the game of the week. GC made a believer out of me last night. They have 18 guys returning this season and they kicked some butt last night. If Tazewell can come away with a victory against GC, they will be the team to beat in the SWD, in my opinion.

Could Tazewell be the favorite in the SWD with less than impressive showings by Richlands and Graham? It'll be an interesting season in the SWD.

That is quite possible. Tazewell and Abingdon were the only winners last night and of course Abingdon beat John Battle so I`m not putting them at the top. I am still picking Graham to win the SWD this year. Graham, Richlands, and Marion all played tough opponents so we will have to wait and see in the upcoming weeks.

Yes, How Bout Them DAWGS!

I was at the game, GW is a good team, they have a great passing attack. I wasn't real impressed with there running game. A turnover gave GW 7 points and the Dawgs rebounded with a quick 14 points. These guys didn't give up when it counted and that's why they came out the winners.

Could Tazewell be the favorite in the SWD with less than impressive showings by Richlands and Graham? It'll be an interesting season in the SWD.
I love how Bluefield Rules just craps on Graham and Richlands just because they lost lol..both teams played VERY VERY GOOD teams and they shouldnt be downed because they lost to them..i would love for bluefield to play the schedule of Richlands or Graham.

Are you serious. He wasnt "crapping" on anyone. He was stating the truth. I can say that Richalnds showing was by far less than impressive. And by the score I would say that Grahams showing was unimpressive. Bluefield probably wouldnt have a problem with Richlands Schedule, now Graham's is a different story. But, either way he wasnt "crapping" on either team.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
I love how Bluefield Rules just craps on Graham and Richlands just because they lost lol..both teams played VERY VERY GOOD teams and they shouldnt be downed because they lost to them..i would love for bluefield to play the schedule of Richlands or Graham.

I really dont want to start a fight, but bluefield plays 3 AAA teams, JM who last year only lost to Bluefield and went to the State Championship, plays William Campbell who is always good from what I understand, and travels to CHARLOTTE to play a school down there.

Dont get me wrong, schools like Christiansburg and Blacksburg would definitely pose a threat to Bluefield but I do believe Bluefield's overall schedule is greater than Graham's or Rland's...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Looking back, I even forgot to add in Graham and Richlands!

Richlands needs to get some offense going bad. Everyone looked out of it friday. Everyone has to remeber these are young kids this year. All new D, recievers, RB. Joel at the QB position was not on target all night. Had a couple of passes that would have went the distance if he would have put it on them. Any news on the vance boy that got hurt?

Richlands needs to get some offense going bad. Everyone looked out of it friday. Everyone has to remeber these are young kids this year. All new D, recievers, RB. Joel at the QB position was not on target all night. Had a couple of passes that would have went the distance if he would have put it on them. Any news on the vance boy that got hurt?

Hey Pope, wrong post to be talking about what they should have done. LOL