Powerhouse SAVA Teams vs. Dobyns Bennet?? WHat do you think??

falconfansrock

Would past/present SWVA powerhouse teams be competitive  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Would past/present SWVA powerhouse teams be competitive

• Absolutely, SWVA football is the best, everyone knows that.
    • Possibly, it depends if it was played in TN or VA.
    • Probably not, D.B. have great teams every year.
    • No way, that would be like playing the UT VOLS!

Gate City beat TN High in the Stone Castle. Those were the Jake Housewright years.

Noticed VT offered Jonas Houseright (Gate City) a scholly this year (was a walk-on). Is he any relations to the above?

Noticed VT offered Jonas Houseright (Gate City) a scholly this year (was a walk-on). Is he any relations to the above?

Yes, he is the yougest Houseright. Earned a schollie for his senior season. Congratulations to Jonas.

Oh it definately is, which is why i say what i say. Go to a game nobody hits much. Now your average SWVA team (small team) probably couldnt beat anyone in Tn because of the size differential. A lot of those teams don't beat anyone over here either.

You say the elite teams, well thats what we're talking about. DB is THE elite team in NETN year in and out. They go 10-0 or 11-0 and they get beat by the 3rd best team in the Knoxville area year in and year out. Want to know when somebody is really good from NETN? When they get to the state semi-finals.That means they have beaten a good team. Even Morristown west who is the team that annually keeps TN High and South from getting out of this area can't beat Maryville.

I wouldn't be stupid enough to say GC or anyone else could dominate DB year-in-and out but they wouldn't win 8 out of 10 either. I personally think it would be very competitive most of the time.

GC has tried to setup a series with DB in the past, but its sortof like the Va Tech vs UT Vol scenario. DB would have everything to lose. We've played them in other sports in recent years and have won most. Most local fans would love to see this matchup in football. We used to start of every year playing Tenn. High but when they got a new coach, he said he didn't won't to start of the year with a loss. Now they have DB first so not much has changed there.

do anybody think any of the powerhouse teams from swva can handle Maryville Rebels from Maryville TN they had won like the last 7 out of 9 Class 4-A state championships

Maryville would be a lot tougher to handle than DB. Alcoa might be also.

I got to watch Gretna destroy Gate City in the state game last year. That Gretna team could beat DB. They beat GC by a score of 52 to 0 I believe. They did that with a 15 year old freshman QB. They should repeat this years as champs also.

I got to watch Gretna destroy Gate City in the state game last year. That Gretna team could beat DB. They beat GC by a score of 52 to 0 I believe. They did that with a 15 year old freshman QB. They should repeat this years as champs also.

Didnt their QB get hurt?