Hey Beaver fans........

CPF

I read over on Virginia Preps that Brookville dropped Salem in 2009. Maybe Freddy should get on the phone now to set up a game with the Spartans. It certainly couldn't hurt to start looking for games since no one on the west virginia side has any guts.

I read over on Virginia Preps that Brookville dropped Salem in 2009. Maybe Freddy should get on the phone now to set up a game with the Spartans. It certainly couldn't hurt to start looking for games since no one on the west virginia side has any guts.

I would LOVE to play Salem. The first question is would Salem even be interested in playing Bluefield b/c of their size. The second question would be do open dates match-up.

Do you really think Bluefield is scared of Salem? If you do, your ignorance just shines brighter and brighter with each post.

I am 99.9% certain that Freddy has the brass to schedule Salem. Whether he wins or loses, he tries to schedule the best teams he can get in the regular season because it only helps when they are pushed to maximize their potential in the regular season in hopes of making a run at a title.

It is pointless to even try to explain Bluefield's scheduling situation with someone who a.) doesn't know the prior scheduling mishaps with Bluefield football or b.) isn't willing to accept the truth that most WV schools really won't play them.

Do you really think Bluefield is scared of Salem? If you do, your ignorance just shines brighter and brighter with each post.

I am 99.9% certain that Freddy has the brass to schedule Salem. Whether he wins or loses, he tries to schedule the best teams he can get in the regular season because it only helps when they are pushed to maximize their potential in the regular season in hopes of making a run at a title.

It is pointless to even try to explain Bluefield's scheduling situation with someone who a.) doesn't know the prior scheduling mishaps with Bluefield football or b.) isn't willing to accept the truth that most WV schools really won't play them.

Actually as hard as it is to believe I am sincere. I know back in the early part of the decade we couldn't get anyone to play us either. Remember when we were playing Beckley,GW Danville,Greeneville TN,Elizabethon, Tennessee High cause no one our size would play us. Actually I feel kind of sorry for you having to go all the way to Charlotte for a football game. It is quite sad that no southern west virginia team really except James Monroe has the guts to play you. And if you don't think I understand then you are the fool. Bluefield isn't the only one who has had that problem in the past.

Is Bluefield playing Richlands again this year? Also, getting somebody like Gate City or Giles on the schedule (A schools in VA, but with similar enrollment to Bluefield) would be cool. Christiansburg or Blacksburg would be a good matchup. Just down 460...

We proved we will play anyone taking on a Charlotte school with an enrollment of 1600 kids. Been reading up on that team, scary...

Rumor I heard Friday night at the game from some Bluefield fans is that a couple of former AAA foes will return to the schedule next season...someone on the inside needs to check this out...bird dog it, B_R...

Do you really think Bluefield is scared of Salem?

I have to step in here with a comment. About ten years ago Joel Hicks brought Pulaski Co. to Mitchell when the Cougars had Josh Calfee at tailback and Pulaski hung about 60 on Bluefield that night. Long story short, when Bluefield had the chance to renew the rivalry with Pulaski, coach Simon declined, and the two teams havent played since.

So as far as the Salem thing goes, if Bluefield can't get the upper hand in the series, Freddie has shown himself unwilling continue with an exercise that dosen't benefit him, reguardless if Bluefield has a full slate of games or not.

I' m not saying Bluefield is scared, but coach Simon can't afford to take a bad beat and have the players quit. He guards his program against "overshceduling".

You seem a bit obsessed with us. Why is that? Bluefield-Graham is over, and it's obvious from all your rabid posts how worked up you seem to get. Isn't it time for you guys to worry about Blacksburg?

You seem a bit obsessed with us. Why is that? Bluefield-Graham is over, and it's obvious from all your rabid posts how worked up you seem to get. Isn't it time for you guys to worry about Blacksburg?

we ....no i have no idea who he is and as for "we" the team we are focused the "fans" don't have to focus just show up and enjoy

I have to step in here with a comment. About ten years ago Joel Hicks brought Pulaski Co. to Mitchell when the Cougars had Josh Calfee at tailback and Pulaski hung about 60 on Bluefield that night. Long story short, when Bluefield had the chance to renew the rivalry with Pulaski, coach Simon declined, and the two teams havent played since.

So as far as the Salem thing goes, if Bluefield can't get the upper hand in the series, Freddie has shown himself unwilling continue with an exercise that dosen't benefit him, reguardless if Bluefield has a full slate of games or not.

I' m not saying Bluefield is scared, but coach Simon can't afford to take a bad beat and have the players quit. He guards his program against "overshceduling".

Bluefield last played pc in '00 or '02, not 10 seasons ago, that "might" have been the score the last time they played either of those dates, but I don't think it was actually that bad, regardless, that season bluefield was defeated equally as bad by beckley, who had a team equal to pc's that season, bluefield has played beckley a few times since. The fact is the bluefield pc series was on and off for years up till the last time they scheduled a series.

I've known bluefield to owe games to 2 teams, sullivan south, boosters forced them to drop some teams and move to aa after the '0 - 10 season in '93, and '96 they didn't return a trip to pikeville ky, not certain the reason. Pikeville did defeat bluefield soundly in '95, but I don't agree that bluefield doesn't schedule teams that test them. East bank was a team bluefield was chasing for a while when they were aaa schools, as was beckley. Beckley might be the only wv school with a series advantage over bluefield if I'm not mistaken. If I'm correct bluefield and east bank finished their series very close or even as aa schools before east bank consolidated with dupont to make riverside..