Wvu/ecu

thegamer

I see WVU winning this game easily, thus making the VT loss last weekend look even more pathetic.

Even though I'm a WVU fan I think it might be a lot closer than some think due to weather conditions caused by hurricane Hanna...ECU will be up for the game coming off the victory over VT. Though VT is in a "down" year every team they play still better be prepared regardless. I have heard reports that the game might be moved to Sunday because of Hanna but right now it is wait and see.

ECU has two good backs, a quarterback who has really developed in the last year along with some nice receivers. Their D is solid.

WVU will have their hands full. Should be a great game, makes me wish I had TIVO so I can see it.

IF the the defense comes to play, this game will be a total blowout.. I hate to say this will be a close game in the 1st half. WVU will score about everytime they have the ball with the throw/run threat from Pat White, but having defence give up more points then they should... WVU 42 ECU 21

I say WVU wins, but I think it will be entertaining. Last year WVU racked up like 600 yards of offense. We lost some keys to that O, but I think the offense will flash some of that running game that it did not last week. ECU keeps it close through half time. WVU pulls away in the third. WVU 41- ECU 17

Ha! I would LOVE to see it happen... Great to see you back UVAObserver!

hahaha...I'd say you would.....but in a real world....Do you think ECU could hold WVU to 17 points after allowing a Stinespring-led O 22???

hahaha...I'd say you would.....but in a real world....Do you think ECU could hold WVU to 17 points after allowing a Stinespring-led O 22???

Remember though, the VT defense and special teams accounted for 9 of those 22 points (Virgil fumble return for 7 and his return of a blocked XP for 2). Special teams also gave the O a very short field to work with on one of the two TDs they scored by recovering the kickoff at about the 25 yard line...

Remember though, the VT defense and special teams accounted for 9 of those 22 points (Virgil fumble return for 7 and his return of a blocked XP for 2). Special teams also gave the O a very short field to work with on one of the two TDs they scored by recovering the kickoff at about the 25 yard line...

And this is pretty much what I based my predictions on.

And it's nice to be back, I'll be in every now and again, as much as law school will allow me!

No, I don't see it happening... but just do me a favor, dawgs05, please don't crush my dreams.

Well, ECU will have a hurricane in its favor to stop the WVU O tomorrow.....As much as I believe WVU would smash them in fair weather....Its hard to call tomorrows game.....Slippery footballs, no traction, and high winds.....it could go either way

And this is pretty much what I based my predictions on.

And it's nice to be back, I'll be in every now and again, as much as law school will allow me!

Even though we don't see "eye to eye" very often, its good to have your input on the board...

I don't think the weather is going to be what many thought throughout the week. The T.S. looks like it'll hug the East Coast and not do very much in-land, especially into Southwest Virginia and the majority of WV. There may be rain, but no more than a typical passing shower.

but the game is 90 minutes from the coast in eastern north carolina

True, Greenville is about as "coastal" in that part of NC as you can get without being on the OBX...Hannah will definitely impact that game...

but the game is 90 minutes from the coast in eastern north carolina

I forgot it was an ECU home game, I was thinking the game was in Morgantown. The weather will definitely be an issue then. The good news is that by kickoff they're calling for just showers and wind instead of heavy rain and wind as is predicted for earlier in the day.

http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/USNC0281?begHour=6&begDay=250