Richlands

Rhschamps04

Well after last night i left the game knowing that we are not as good as we have been in years past and I got on here today looking for a thread trying to bring the guys spirt up but i get on here and I dont see one poster from richlands anywhere to be found. That is just sad guys what the folks that are supposed to be Richlands fans do not realize is that you can not be in the state championship every year but you are supposed to stick with the guys threw the bad times and that makes the good times that much sweeter. They may not win another game this season but you know what ill still be there to support them. And for the players last night was a bad night PV showed up to play and we did not you will get beat every time like that but again it was a loss that is not going to effect the district so guys shake it off and get ready for the falcons this week and again guys so long as you are giving your best thats all I or anyone else should be able to ask for.

Good Post. It happens everywhere though, it's not exclusive to Richlands. Fans get spoiled, high school football is a cycle deal and you soon find out who your real fans are during a down cycle. It's happened to practically every program in Southwest Virginia at one time or another, the "fair weather" fans will be back soon, good programs don't stay down long.

After reading some of the posts here and elsewhere...I thought to myself...you still have the district...sometimes it takes a team a few games to gel...I think the Richland crowd is just used to winning, so who could blame them for being in shock at this point...but...I'm sure the team and coaches know that it's all about the district at this point...so...the season is far from over...i still can't help but think that Richlands is going to be there at the end of the day once it's all said and done fighting for the SWD.

I have faith we will be in the thick of the district when it comes time. I just had a problem with the fans at the stadium last night then i got on here and i did not see anyone from richlands posting anything and used too i would get on here and they had about 20 threads saying how great the team was what i was getting at was I would really like it if they would come on here and still show there support even with the loss. But you were right clod it all teams the fans will all be back when they start winning again but those of us that are there through the losses are the real fans.

Well after last night i left the game knowing that we are not as good as we have been in years past and I got on here today looking for a thread trying to bring the guys spirt up but i get on here and I dont see one poster from richlands anywhere to be found. That is just sad guys what the folks that are supposed to be Richlands fans do not realize is that you can not be in the state championship every year but you are supposed to stick with the guys threw the bad times and that makes the good times that much sweeter. They may not win another game this season but you know what ill still be there to support them. And for the players last night was a bad night PV showed up to play and we did not you will get beat every time like that but again it was a loss that is not going to effect the district so guys shake it off and get ready for the falcons this week and again guys so long as you are giving your best thats all I or anyone else should be able to ask for.

That is because except for you they all jumped off the bandwagon. I'm sorry but I am taking extreme joy in watching this unfold because I have listened to the crap for 3 years now with the storm watches and such. Maybe if your fans could win with class someone might feel sorry for Richlands.You reap what you sow.......

i gotta agree with cpf.i was raised in marion and got laughed at by many teams who were on top.one of those teams was richlands.i was in the press box with sum friends filming the game when a richlands fan came over and told the time keeper he had to many secs showin..they had us beat 42-3 in the forth quater..come on..show sum class.we have had our butt handed to us on a platter many times so when we have good seasons,i do show my pride and when we are losin i still watch most of the games even though it sucks.just gotta remember these kids play to have fun and win.it's not just about the ppl in the stands.i played football and i wasn't the greatest but it was fun while it lasted.this is the best time of their life.we forget that as adults.

I posted last night after the game. I didnt start a new thread or anything but I gave my thoughts on the "score update" thread. It may not have been what you wanted to hear, because I never said "good job blues", I said if they dont improve then they will get beat by Graham, Tazewell, Bluefield, and possibly even Grundy. Any one who watched last nights game would be ignorant to say other wise. Will I still be at everyone of those games even if we dont improve? Of course. But something has to change if we want a shot at the SWD.

i gotta agree with cpf.i was raised in marion and got laughed at by many teams who were on top.one of those teams was richlands.i was in the press box with sum friends filming the game when a richlands fan came over and told the time keeper he had to many secs showin..they had us beat 42-3 in the forth quater..come on..show sum class.we have had our butt handed to us on a platter many times so when we have good seasons,i do show my pride and when we are losin i still watch most of the games even though it sucks.just gotta remember these kids play to have fun and win.it's not just about the ppl in the stands.i played football and i wasn't the greatest but it was fun while it lasted.this is the best time of their life.we forget that as adults.

Oh crap man...what a jerk! That is rediculous...asking for the right time on the clock. What an a-hole. Boo-Hoo

There is still a huge group of Richlands people here daily...don't believe they are not.

Oh I know they are here........They just don't have anything to say. Can someone please post a storm warning just once because it might be the only one we hear the rest of the year.

No it won't...I'll post a "storm warning"...but it'll be for the Hurricanes...not the Tornadoes.

I knew you would come thru for us since all the Richlands folks jumped off the bandwagon.

i agree with pretty much every post here. lots of diehard blues fans, lots of fair weather fans, lots of pure bred a-hole fans. much different than anywhere else? i doubt it. i came to realize last night that my season tickets are in the a-hole section (not sure what that says about me) when people very loudly started singling out players by name and # and giving them a hard time. i have came to expect that at some places by opposing fans, but my god, to heckle and humiliate your OWN players? as for the blues, if they can stop the turnovers they will be competitive in the swd. as for the blues fans, support your players and coaches or join the fair weather bunch

another thing I've come to realize is that these same people are mostly there for a social outing and not to actually watch football...once it turns a bit negative they usually find something else to do since it's not the "hot" item around town anymore.

Oh I know they are here........They just don't have anything to say. Can someone please post a storm warning just once because it might be the only one we hear the rest of the year.

To me it is obvious. Last couple of years those fans you talk about new what they had and was trying to convince everybody how good they were. And of course no other team is going to give them credit till they prove it, but they did prove it.

Those same fans know what they have this year and they know with work they will get better.

Their playing a lot of youth, but go ahead, ridacule them, that will just give them some more fire to work with. This year or next or even the one after, they will be back.

It seems with Richlands recent success in the past years, at times that Mance would maybe run up the score a little bit before he called the dogs off. Of course I know its the responsibility of the other team to stop them. I'm just saying that some schools in the past that were beaten badly by Richlands may try to return the favor this year and run up the score on Richlands.

It seems with Richlands recent success in the past years, at times that Mance would maybe run up the score a little bit before he called the dogs off. Of course I know its the responsibility of the other team to stop them. I'm just saying that some schools in the past that were beaten badly by Richlands may try to return the favor this year and run up the score on Richlands.

Yeah, like that 61-0 beating they dished out to Tazewell 2 years ago.........Bite em dawgs!

Yeah, like that 61-0 beating they dished out to Tazewell 2 years ago.........Bite em dawgs!

Wyatt is looking for that 1st win over Richlands since coming to Tazewell... Last time Tazewell beat Richlands was 2003 when Tazewell held them to a 12-10 win... I think Tazewell is only 2-6 since 2000... The Dawgs largest victory is a massive 2 points... and everyone knows 61 for Richlands... I hope the Dawgs can do it but I hope everyone isnt countin the eggs before they hatch...

I'm from Lebanon so I can relate to that, but I hold that strictly against the coach.....period. The players are going to play to the best of their ability, which they should. It is the coach's job to know when the game is well in hand and play his younger players from that point. The trouble with returning the favor is that it does'nt bother the coach that much but will humiliate the kids. Two wrongs won't make a right but I understand where you're coming from.

Tazewell was just that bad that year...and Richlands was that good, even their second string dominated Tazewells first string. Mance called off the dogs in the 3rd quarter. You cant make the guys practice their butts of all week then only let them play a half of football...plus that dosnt set you up well for the next week. The score was 41-0 at half time, the rest was pretty much done by the second team.

The second hit of the game and Tazewell had had enough. They quit on the second play of the game period. Richlands would of had to walked of the field to not score everytime they had the ball. That team was a scoring machine. If your a head coach are you going to pull your starters after the first qtr.

Well I think Richlands would be better of benching Elswick and starting that Vance kid at QB....

And another thing is that Richlands don't have that one true leader out there, like they have had in the past, Blues best player right now is the sophomore Strong kid.....

Edited by Bulldogs52

The second hit of the game and Tazewell had had enough. They quit on the second play of the game period. Richlands would of had to walked of the field to not score everytime they had the ball. That team was a scoring machine. If your a head coach are you going to pull your starters after the first qtr.

Fred Simon of Bluefield does exactly that..........

Most games that year they would play first string thru first series in 3 qtr to secure the game. That is make sure no chance of come back.

If he had wanted to run the score up it could have been much worse.

'06 Just had it all.