Lipstick on a Pig...

BigBlueAlum

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26633775

NORFOLK, Va. - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Wednesday accused Republican John McCain's campaign of using "lies and phony outrage and Swift-boat politics" in claiming he used a sexist comment against vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Calling it "the latest made-up controversy by the John McCain campaign," Obama responded to the Republicans' charge that he was referring to Palin when he used the phrase "lipstick on a pig" at a campaign stop Tuesday.

"I don't care what they say about me. But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and Swift-boat politics. Enough is enough," he said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This happened in Lebanon last night. Is this really a big deal...or is it just a desperate attempt by the Republican's to make Obama look bad?

Link to video

Edited by BigBlueAlum

well considering McCain has used the same "pig" comment himself twice this year, I'd say it's just the latest poo...unless he thinks that chick is really a pig.

In other news...Gman put lipstick on a sheep today :)

This happened in Lebanon last night. Is this really a big deal...or is it just a desperate attempt by the Republican's to make Obama look bad?

Obama made himself look bad last night when he made the remark. He knew what he was saying and whom he was referring to. You can tell that by the audience quick response with laughter and Obama's pause, for effect, before he finished the sentence. I may not be as smart as some, but I'm definitely not gullible.

Obama made himself look bad last night when he made the remark. He knew what he was saying and whom he was referring to. You can tell that by the audience quick response with laughter and Obama's pause, for effect, before he finished the sentence. I may not be as smart as some, but I'm definitely not gullible.

Because the audience thought it was funny that means that he was calling Palin a pig? What gets me is that Palin made tons of snide remarks in her speak at the RNC about Obama...including his public service. What is the difference? Even if he was referring to Palin...I don’t think he was literally calling her a pig. He was just using a figure of speech. I don’t know what the Republicans are crying about.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Well it was a shot at Palin when she said, "Some people say a hockey mom is like a bulldog with lipstick."

And yes, it was somewhat of a shot at Palin. Was it uncalled for, probably not. But was it a reference to Palin of course. Why do think everyone got a kick out of it? They knew what he was saying and in reference to the quote above...

But that is politics, and i think the republicans came across a little too harsh in this case...

i think it's just something people say...if you see the whole speech he had just made a comment about farms and such...seemed like an off the cuff remark to me...a lot of people have probably not heard that expression before...it is a funny pun, which is probably why McCain has used it twice this year himself...once was directly towards Hillary Clinton but people didn't seem to get upset over it when he said it.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

To simply clarify, McCain wasnt talking about Clinton, he was talking about her healthcare policy from now to 1993.

excerpt from CNN:In Iowa last October, McCain drew comparisons between Hillary Clinton's current health care plan and the one she championed in 1993: "I think they put some lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig."

To simply clarify, McCain wasnt talking about Clinton, he was talking about her healthcare policy from now to 1993.

excerpt from CNN:In Iowa last October, McCain drew comparisons between Hillary Clinton's current health care plan and the one she championed in 1993: "I think they put some lipstick on the pig, but it's still a pig."

yeah and thats nothing different from what they are raising cane over now...it's just the pot calling the kettle black...or is that racist? i dunno anymore.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Im not saying it was right not if it was wrong, im just simply stating for clarification that McCain never called Clinton a pig, simply her helath care plan was a pig, and then after she dressed it up so to speak it became a pig with lipstick.

If McCain had been talking about an Obama policy, and had said " it's time to call a spade a spade" then the Obama people would have lost their minds. It's the same as the lipstick on a pig comment. I believe that Obama knew what he was doing when he made his comment, and I pray that McCain doesn't screw up and say something stupid. This whole election is gonna be tight.

If McCain had been talking about an Obama policy, and had said " it's time to call a spade a spade" then the Obama people would have lost their minds. It's the same as the lipstick on a pig comment. I believe that Obama knew what he was doing when he made his comment, and I pray that McCain doesn't screw up and say something stupid. This whole election is gonna be tight.

so how is that different from when McCain said the same thing twice in the last 6 months?

John's comments were made before Palin entered the race. They were also made before Palin made the comment about the difference between a pit-bull and a hockey mom. Face it dude, Obama knew what he was doing.

...or maybe the republican jerks are trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill....wait, that might be racist or insensitive to McCain since he looks like a mole.

NORFOLK, Va. - Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama on Wednesday accused Republican John McCain's campaign of using "lies and phony outrage and Swift-boat politics" in claiming he used a sexist comment against vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

Calling it "the latest made-up controversy by the John McCain campaign," Obama responded to the Republicans' charge that he was referring to Palin when he used the phrase "lipstick on a pig" at a campaign stop Tuesday.

"I don't care what they say about me. But I love this country too much to let them take over another election with lies and phony outrage and Swift-boat politics. Enough is enough," he said.

desperate attempt...just like the republicans trying to claim that McCain is the candidate who will bring about "change"...trying to steal Obama's thunder....give me a break...he's had plenty of time to bring about change..

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Well in all seriousness... What change has Obama done in his years as a senator?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Not till the media forced him to, and even then it took him forever to distance himself from Wright!

I don't know about you guys, but with what is going on with the big investment firms, we better pay attention to what is really important, the economy. Many of us have 401-ks, mutual funds or retirement programs that are heavily invested in the stock market. What is going on their now will shape who gets elected, and a lot of our futures.

Don't let the party hacks and the media decide for you who is the better person to lead. Use your brains and do objective research to come to your own conclusions. If you want to know the truth about each party's ads, go to factcheck.org . They analyze the ads and separate fact from fiction and distortion.