Ervinton @ Twin Valley

hokiepanther

If the panthers offense continues to play the way they have the last couple weeks it will be all on the defense. They are just missing tackles they should be making. And with Adam "beefy" Keen returning should help the panthers alot. I got Panthers winnin this one 28-6

i think the panthers will pull it off. when hurley played them hurley moved the ball anyway they wanted . but ervinton has inproved alot dont overlook them they have a few good players number 50 is one of them and he is hot headed to boot i say panthers 38 ervinton 24 i wish the panthers good luck the rest of the way ....go rebs

Crigger will have his troops ready to play. It will be a good one. Panthers by 7

is crigger the new coach at tv? i thought they were suppose to win some games this year. looks like the old coach could have done this. where are the wins at tv?

Crigger is doing a good job the panthers have been crippled by injuries. I heard an official blew a call in the St. Paul game. Everyone else will go to the playoffs on TV's schedule but Ervinton and Hurley who has a strong team. I heard that the Panther's were more worried about homecoming dances then the game, maybe that's why Ervinton has beat them two years in a row and they're riding a 19 game losing streak!!!! And I heard the old coach stopped having a feeder program the last 5 years before Crigger took over the program and tried to get a JV program and a little league going again.

guys crigger is about 5 times the coach that vandyke was... im a member of the team but im gonna come right out and say he really doesnt have alot to work with... the 12 seniors on our team have had 4 years of charlie vandykes wisdom.. i predict panthers to be winning district in bout 5 years... since they have a great little league program now..

yeah he's said numerous times "i could get my grandma out here to coach and she could go 0-10... anyone can do that"

I thought Tommy Crigger was at Va High coaching with Terry Smith. I haven't seen his dad lately, he usually keeps me informed of the comings and goings of Buchanan County. Tommy is a really good guy and I wish him the best. He will end up over at Grundy taking over for Greg Rowe when he hangs it up.

He will end up over at Grundy taking over for Greg Rowe when he hangs it up.

I really never thought of that...I predict Rowe will be gone after next season. He has a daughter that is a cheerleader that will graduate next year. Why would he give it up now knowing that he would half to go to the games anyways...so why not coach and get paid for it.

Tommy's doing some good things at twin valley but I don't think he should be the frontrunner for the grundy job when Rowe leaves. There is a couple of Grundy alum that stand out that would be a better fit for the job. Luke Owens would bring a mountain of experience to the golden wave. No one that's ever played at Grundy can say that they played for a D1 national championship. Also, David Scammel might throw his name in the mix. He has head coaching experience and has proven that he can turn a traditional losing program around and win football games. I don't think that we ever beat them at Twin Valley.

Tommy's doing some good things at twin valley but I don't think he should be the frontrunner for the grundy job when Rowe leaves. There is a couple of Grundy alum that stand out that would be a better fit for the job. Luke Owens would bring a mountain of experience to the golden wave. No one that's ever played at Grundy can say that they played for a D1 national championship. Also, David Scammel might throw his name in the mix. He has head coaching experience and has proven that he can turn a traditional losing program around and win football games. I don't think that we ever beat them at Twin Valley.

What about compton or pylmal?

If horne does not get player of the week something is seriously wrong, the man does not get credit where credit is deserved. I also give it up to all the players and coaches. Hard fought effort, and a big needed win here in the valley. Congrats, and best wishes against a tough hurley team next week at the cliff. I hope for a hard fought game with no injuries, then on to basketball. Good luck to all!!

The game ball orta go to the dude in the batmobile float or at least the band...they must have marched up 460 for 15 miles blocking traffic back to the coke ovens. They looked like drowned rats by the time they took the right into Ray Jones Stadium. I'd say the Ervinton fans were still in traffic till halftime

Guest stuntdouble

I think Greg Tester should be the next Grundy coach. Yes Luke could and Scammel could be good ones but Luke will get his chance at appy and Scammel should stay were he is at. He has done well at Castlewood but if I remember correct Coach Salyers won at Castlewood just like Scammel. We will find out how good Scammel is next year with no Phillips running the ball and no QB as well. Greg would be a great fit at Grundy When Coach Rowe retires. Greg has Made Hurley 100% better. GO REBELS!!!!

You say David Scammell ? Yes he is making a good program in C'wood but he did nbot do it the first year, so give Crigger a couple of years at TV and look what will happen. Luke Owens? What is his record? Is he winning? Mike Compton is at PH and he does not have a winning season and he played pro!!!! Maybe it's not all in the coaching!!!!!!

they have some quality guys to replace rowe. scammell, owens, crigger, and church just to name a few. i would pay money if they would have a tag team wrestling match with scammell & ownes taking on crigger & church with the winner becoming co-head coaches. i actually think scammell & owens would be favored to win.