Tazewell @ Lebanon

plooolt

Thanks for the congrats....

but Tazewell just wasn't themselves tonight you know.

They shot themselves in the foot.

The football was wet.

They just didn't want to hurt any Lebanon players.

Their coach was too predictable. (remember, we're from Lebanon, Predctable High School.)

Their shoes just didn't fit right.

The bus trip wore them out.

They didn't want their starters to get hurt while they were playing the entire game.

The Lebanon coaches tripped our players.

We dropped the ball after those mean ole Lebanon players hit us.

You know.......Lebanon couldn't have just beat'em.

"I've never been in this situation before, I don't know when to take my starters out"

"Lebanon is more of a get outside team, than last year's physical team"

-Bobby Wyatt (Tazewell pregame show)

How bout them dawgs!!!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But he's a D-1 player...:rolleyes:

Tazewell is winning and all, but I don't think I have ever saw a division I player finish a high school season without 1,000 yards in any category..........and that is what you have in Muncy.

I still think he will be a solid player at the next level. Maybe a redshirt year and who knows.

Yeah at the next level, he will get more one on one work from coaches.... Adding in his kick and punt returns to his rushing and receiving yards he has 1500 to 1600 yards, if not more. I give Lebanon credit for last night. Nice to see Muncy wearing his friends # last night... God bless them two young men....

Muncy is a very good player but I honestly don't know it Tazewell has much more than him on offense. Lockhart is going to be good, but he seems very slow at making decisions right now and deep balls seem to float on him. Rasnake just doesn't touch the ball enough (may have to do with recovery). The defense is very solid and will keep them in almost every game though.

They held Helbert in check pretty much all night until the TD run. Cobb had a nice game and Lee had one of his better games lately. I have thought Jesse played better the last couple off weeks but Lee may of had the better game this week. The Pioneers played a near flawless game on the defense side and that was the difference.

Bulldog football is not arm tackling. I can guarentee you they'll be fixing that this week in practice. Matt was really sick this past week and I'm extremely proud of him for sticking it out for 4 quarters to try and help them finish up 9-1. Lebanon just had the better team last night. I give it to the Pioneers for a hard fought game, ya'll have some talented players. Am I the only one that thinks Tazewell needs new plays? Really?

Edited by Fighton_3

The reason they were arm tackling was because they were diving for Lebanon's guys as they ran by them. Seriously, watch the highlights on the link given earlier. Lebanon's guys were by them before they turned their head. And I'm sorry Muncy was sick, but he looked fine to me. If he was so sick why did he even play, in a game that meant nothing. Try another one.

Tazewell is winning and all, but I don't think I have ever saw a division I player finish a high school season without 1,000 yards in any category..........and that is what you have in Muncy.

how many yards did Mike Compton have idiot?

Not when he's on the scout team...

well according to you GMAN he should have never have gotten the scolly to start with. remember you are one of the ring leaders of the group that always came on here putting him down saying he was no good.... beside he wont be a tailback there not recruited as a teilback and not expected to get 1000 yards in highschool. Not many 6'5 tailbacks in D1. But as a tightend or slot back he could be great. Sorry if only graham players are great in your eyes. you old men are so quick to judge these kids that work their butts off 12 months out of the year to play a few football games and hope to better their life for the future.... what a shame and so childish of you to act that way and put that stupid stuff on here where they can read it.

Bulldog football is not arm tackling. I can guarentee you they'll be fixing that this week in practice. Matt was really sick this past week and I'm extremely proud of him for sticking it out for 4 quarters to try and help them finish up 9-1. Lebanon just had the better team last night. I give it to the Pioneers for a hard fought game, ya'll have some talented players. Am I the only one that thinks Tazewell needs new plays? Really?

Absolutely not!!!!!

Tazewell's offense is so predictable it's a wonder they won 8 games. Wyatt has no creativity with his play calling. With the depth they have in the backfield they should be running several different formations with 2 and 3 back sets and using Muncy as a decoy more. They have speed and size in the backfield, standing on the side lines. If Wyatt had some imagination with his play calling and formations Tazewell would be hard to stop.

He runs shotgun in 4th and a foot instead of comming under center. He tries to thorw the ball deep when it's wet and has already seen that if the ball is wet, Lockhart floats it when he throws deep and it's intercepted. That's happened in 3 games so far.

Basically, if Tazewell had a good coach, they may be 10-0 right now and make a good run at a state championship. But that wont happen with Wyatt's play calling!!!!!!!

Tazewell will be lucky to win 2 games in the playoffs, and they may only win 1.

What was your record before Wyatt came to tazewell? Thanks Bobby for bringing some enthuasism to Tazewell. Give the man a break or apply for his job. But as for now, he is the coach and is doing a fine job.

What was your record before Wyatt came to tazewell? Thanks Bobby for bringing some enthuasism to Tazewell. Give the man a break or apply for his job. But as for now, he is the coach and is doing a fine job.

No shit... 4 of 5 years in Tazewell, he has made the playoffs, with a Region 4 Division 3 Championship and a trip to the State Semi's... Yeah at times he makes some calls that are questionable... But to have a team that is 8-2 going into the playoffs with no key injuries, they are looking pretty good with home field advantage untill State Semi's.

how many yards did Mike Compton have idiot?

Mike Compton was a lineman douche.......I am just pointing out a fact that recent division 1 players having come from this area in the last 10 years or so have had dominating numbers........Heath Miller,Thomas & Julius Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Austin Fuller. Muncy does not. He does not even have as good of numbers as Ahmad Bradshaw did in his sophomore year. These are facts. I am not ripping on the kid, god bless him and good luck. I mean Will Cole has twice the numbers that Muncy does, and no one is looking at him as far as D-1 which is a shame, because Cole is a much better player than Muncy.

well according to you GMAN he should have never have gotten the scolly to start with. remember you are one of the ring leaders of the group that always came on here putting him down saying he was no good.... beside he wont be a tailback there not recruited as a teilback and not expected to get 1000 yards in highschool. Not many 6'5 tailbacks in D1. But as a tightend or slot back he could be great. Sorry if only graham players are great in your eyes. you old men are so quick to judge these kids that work their butts off 12 months out of the year to play a few football games and hope to better their life for the future.... what a shame and so childish of you to act that way and put that stupid stuff on here where they can read it.

I think the two players we can compare him to are Heath Miller, who was a very good high school quarterback, and Austin Fuller who dominated the WR position at Richlands the last couple years. Does Muncy compare favorably to either? No he doesn't. Is he a good high school player? Yes, but so are a lot of other players. He has been decent at QB,RB,and WR, but dominating at none. If that hurts your feelings, then I would suggest Va Preps, or the LPD forum, they won't hurt your sensitive little feelings there.

Mike Compton was a lineman douche.......I am just pointing out a fact that recent division 1 players having come from this area in the last 10 years or so have had dominating numbers........Heath Miller,Thomas & Julius Jones, Ahmad Bradshaw, Austin Fuller. Muncy does not. He does not even have as good of numbers as Ahmad Bradshaw did in his sophomore year. These are facts. I am not ripping on the kid, god bless him and good luck. I mean Will Cole has twice the numbers that Muncy does, and no one is looking at him as far as D-1 which is a shame, because Cole is a much better player than Muncy.

It has nothing to do with who is better, Are Cole's coaches and his self putting his name out there, does he have the grades? As for Muncy, he has the grades, and he has put his name out there and so have the coaches..... Besides it's a team sport..... Look at all of the Bulldogs stats, they have a hand full of players with high stats.... He may not be the best player in D1 but he will be getting the chance to prove he is, plus he will get the chance at free education... Just like Fuller, his time will be coming with the Hokies, and I can't wait to see him get his shot. Good Luck to the Dawgs, Blues, G-Men, Beavers, and the Pioneers in the playoffs....

I think the two players we can compare him to are Heath Miller, who was a very good high school quarterback, and Austin Fuller who dominated the WR position at Richlands the last couple years. Does Muncy compare favorably to either? No he doesn't. Is he a good high school player? Yes, but so are a lot of other players. He has been decent at QB,RB,and WR, but dominating at none. If that hurts your feelings, then I would suggest Va Preps, or the LPD forum, they won't hurt your sensitive little feelings there.

the point is he has POTENTIAL...i agree hes not fuller but hes like 6'4" and weighs close to 220 any D-1 school goin take someone like that cause they can make him into a really good athlete

the point is he has POTENTIAL...i agree hes not fuller but hes like 6'4" and weighs close to 220 any D-1 school goin take someone like that cause they can make him into a really good athlete

Yeah but people on this board fail to see it that way, their better to talk shit about someone then give them praise......

You can't make someone into an "athlete". "Athletes" are born with God-given talent. You either have it or you don't...and I think everyone knows my opinion on that...

muncy is a good high school player as far as college we will have to wait & see. glad to see the kid get what many before him should have received a chance to play D1 football. it's not the fact if he plays at wake or not but the education & the once in a lifetime opportunity he will receive by signing that D1 scholarship. not to mention the free education the young man now can be whatever he wants to be.

Congrats. Muncy on the D1 signing let the rest of these few idiots take nothing from you & what you have accomplished these past 4 years! Best of Luck to You!!!!!!