No ID required for voting

the_truth

Not going to get in to another Obama debate, just an observation. At my polling place I had to wait about 2 hours to vote. During this time I observed probably over 100 people voting. A few (less than 10) showed their registration card, while most simply gave their name. No one working the polls knew me, nor many other people who voted. With all the questions surrounding ACORN and voter fraud, why do we not require a picture ID to vote. We are stupid to think that people in many places are not voting at least twice, or maybe more. I thought only GMAN was allowed to do this.

Valid point brought up. I know that when I requested my absentee ballot all I did was call the county clerk's office and the only information I was required to tell her was the address to which I wanted my ballot mailed to. When I received it in the mail the following week, it didn't require anything other than the binding signature saying it was truthful. All of the other information which was needed (i.e. name, home address, voter precinct, etc.) was already completed for me. I marked my candidate choices, signed it, and sent it away. Nowhere did it ask me for any type or identification, voter's registration, nothing. It would be very easy to fraudulently vote using someone else's information if you wanted to take the time.

Edited by hokie07

Valid point brought up. I know that when I requested my absentee ballot all I did was call the county clerk's office and the only information I was required to tell her was the address to which I wanted my ballot mailed to. When I received it in the mail the following week, it didn't require anything other than the binding signature saying it was truthful. All of the other information which was needed (i.e. name, home address, voter precinct, etc.) was already completed for me. I marked my candidate choices, signed it, and sent it away. Nowhere did it ask me for any type or identification, voter's registration, nothing. It would be very easy to fraudulently vote using someone else's information if you wanted to take the time.

Valid point, indeed.

Not going to get in to another Obama debate, just an observation. At my polling place I had to wait about 2 hours to vote. During this time I observed probably over 100 people voting. A few (less than 10) showed their registration card, while most simply gave their name. No one working the polls knew me, nor many other people who voted. With all the questions surrounding ACORN and voter fraud, why do we not require a picture ID to vote. We are stupid to think that people in many places are not voting at least twice, or maybe more. I thought only GMAN was allowed to do this.

They asked for both my picture ID and my voter's registration card. Plus they made me sign some sheet...started running out of room on the third signature...

They don't ask to see voter's registration cards here in GA....you show your driver's license or some legit ID (military is one, birth certificate) . ....or no vote. Of course, the liberal media here tried to get showing legit ID tossed....saying....."it was discriminating".

Had a person tell me yesterday that a woman standing in front of them was upset. The woman had moved to GA and when she went to register (before the election) was told she had to have some valid form of ID to vote ..... she was upset she had to go get a driver's license.

Your driver's license has to match up w/your SS# on file w/the govt. or no license.

They don't ask to see voter's registration cards here in V-A either ... they ask for some form of valid I.D. then they say what they'll take.

After I left the booth, the workers were joking about a young lady who was at check-in but didn't have any ID with her... "how'd you get here? don't you know you're supposed to have your drivers license with you when you drive?"

Sad thing is she probably didn't.

Edited by VHSLhelper

I always have exactly the same experience at my local polling place on election day.

I show up and the person at the door greets me by name. I then go to the appropriate line and speak to the officer who verifies the actual voter roll. Then the conversation goes something like this:

Officer of Election: "Hello, [Richlands Alum]."

Me: "Hello."

Officer of Election: "How are you today?"

Me: "Doing very well, thanks."

Officer of Election: "And how is [Mrs. RichlandsAlum]?"

Me: "She's fine. She'll probably be by here a little bit later if she hasn't voted already."

Officer of Election: "And I trust that your three sons, [boy the First], [#2], and [What's-his-name] are all doing well."

Me: "Yep. Everyone is fine."

Officer of Election: "Wonderful. I'll need to see some ID, please."

I know that's what they're supposed to do, but it always cracks me up for some reason.

Edited by RichlandsAlum
mucho typos -- Carroll Wolfe would beat my a--