VHS Coach Let go

Boo77

Over on the CMD board someone has posted that Coach Terry Smith has been relieved as Head Football Coach of the Va. High Bearcat football program. Anyone on the SWVAsports heard anything out of Bristol on this situtation?

Will they look for someone with a proven success record or what? I've heard Compton from P.h. but he's not been there long enough to prove himself. How about someone young who's had success building programs. Matlock at Holston, Scammell at Castlewood, anyone think of anyone else who is deserving of a chance, and not entitled to it?

Over on the CMD board someone has posted that Coach Terry Smith has been relieved as Head Football Coach of the Va. High Bearcat football program. Anyone on the SWVAsports heard anything out of Bristol on this situtation?

Hmmm...VHS coach fired....Fulmer moving to the Tri-cities area? Anyone else connecting the dots here? lol

word is that the job may go right to Compton if he wants it?

Won't be Compton. If I am right he does not teach just coach right? VHS will won't some one who will be in the halls with the kids to connect with them.

He has not done much at PH with some real good athletes!

I know that people are trying to link Compton with the new princpal but I don't thank this will happen. Might try and steal the present head coach at RHS though. Who knows Ask the Hokie guy he seems to know what is happening down in Bristol.

First of all your are full of crap.Compton teaches and coaches and trust me I know Greg Mance no chance in HELL he will be at VHS

You didnt need to get nasty! heard from Emory that Compton just coached and was not a teacher in the Washington County School System. Excuse the heck out of me and Mances name is being tossed around down Bristol way. No body said he was leaving RHS. They just are making connections because of new principal Ringstaff. I guess you can't ask a question or bring up something without one smarta@$#@## getting offended.

You didnt need to get nasty! heard from Emory that Compton just coached and was not a teacher in the Washington County School System. Excuse the heck out of me and Mances name is being tossed around down Bristol way. No body said he was leaving RHS. They just are making connections because of new principal Ringstaff. I guess you can't ask a question or bring up something without one smarta@$#@## getting offended.

I've discovered that this is the way with this board - just follow both sides of the smack following the Abingdon/Marion game. Idiotic. If you want a civilized, intelligent discussion, virginiapreps is far better. If you want a good laugh, this board is where you go.

I've discovered that this is the way with this board - just follow both sides of the smack following the Abingdon/Marion game. Idiotic. If you want a civilized, intelligent discussion, virginiapreps is far better. If you want a good laugh, this board is where you go.

If you watch close you will realize there is a lot of youth on this board vs the other board.

Yes you said it, this is the place for a good laugh, they smack and keep on smacking. I will have to disagree with you about Va.preps it is a very boring and it seems as though everyone has switched over to this board gosh I have to check it 2 or 3 times a day to keep up! It is better than any soap opera.:D

A couple of months ago Compton(PH) was the big name. Now from what I know Mance will have a chance. I've also heard they are interested in a coach from somewhere up around the Roanoke area who is young(mid 30's) who has won state championship(didn't get a name or school). I would think Scammell would also apply. I will let you know more when I get it.

A couple of months ago Compton(PH) was the big name. Now from what I know Mance will have a chance. I've also heard they are interested in a coach from somewhere up around the Roanoke area who is young(mid 30's) who has won state championship(didn't get a name or school). I would think Scammell would also apply. I will let you know more when I get it.

why would Mance want to leave Richlands for Va High? Go from AA to A and from a year in year out contender for state to the "Land Of Confusion"??? Other than being close to Logan's Steak House on Exit 7 what else is there?