Top 50% of Coaches

Cornholio

i think that big freddie has proven himself over and over again......i also think coach wyatt does a great job at tazwell and before at pocahontas......coach mance at richlands has to be doing a great job.........and coach hart at bland seems to se pretty consistent at that small school.

i think 2 coaches from the bdd should get in dug hubbard from honaker & james (score 2 late tds on anyone) colley

tommy gunn cregger has a lot of years and wins to catch up with these ole boys.

Wyatt's five years at Tazewell 31-24 compared to the 3 years before 6-24. That seems like a pretty good turn around maybe enough to get him mentioned in this thread.

If you are including this year 31-24 is correct. Before this year 23-22 barely breaking .500. This year, Christmas came early in the form of some added players from Pocy, a great story of kid who I wish the best for, and a kid named Muncy. Taz has done awesome this year and has a chance to do it again Saturday. I just don't think you can say he is in the top 50% of the coaches in the area! No beef here, just my Opinion!

well if you are going to exclude years then I will take out last year and Tazewell is 30-15. We are talking about High school coaches in the area in my opinion I dont see how you leave him out unless you have something against Tazewell.

well if you are going to exclude years then I will take out last year and Tazewell is 30-15. We are talking about High school coaches in the area in my opinion I dont see how you leave him out unless you have something against Tazewell.

Well, I have nothing against any area school. I cheered them on a few years back when they lost to Gretna. Anyway, I really like this year's team. I don't know that I could say Wyatt is in the top half of the area's coaches. I mean really and truly , it would depend on what the area is defined as. I just don't think that his record in 5 short years qualifies him. You are a Bulldog I'm guessing, it's cool to represent your home.

Dan Strong

And too bad he was let go before he could have proven himself... He is doing well though from what I hear at Carson Newman, not sure if he is just volunteering his time or what? Hard nose coaches dont make it in Wash. Co. too many parents crying about how there kids are getting hollered at, please some of them need more than that they need a good ole' butt whoopin!!!

Top coaches in the area in no particular order:

Nick Colobro – Gate City

Greg Mance – Richlands

Donnie Pruitt – George Wythe

Rest of the area:

Steven Magenbauer – Salem

David Crist – Blacksburg

Joel Hicks – Pulaski Co. (Former)

Steve Ragsdale – Giles (Former)

What about Phill Robbins PV Jim BO Adams JIB Ralph Cummings Clintwood Dave Rider Betsy Harry Fry GC Tom Turner Appy Chainsaw johnson Jonesville Glynn Carlock Graham Larry Smith Abingdon

Top coaches in the area in no particular order:

Nick Colobro – Gate City

Greg Mance – Richlands

Donnie Pruitt – George Wythe

Rest of the area:

Steven Magenbauer – Salem

David Crist – Blacksburg

Joel Hicks – Pulaski Co. (Former)

Steve Ragsdale – Giles (Former)

Good list--consistent winners year after year

Life has many choices---eternity has two

jason matlock from holston since he has been over there they have been at the top of the district. i look for the cavs to make a deep run in the playoffs this year.

david scemmell from castlewood always has his team right up front in the cumb district. good young coach who will someday get a chance at a bigger school.

tommy "gunn" cregger a cousin to scemmell and a very bright young coach. every where cregger has been the teams seem to win. look for the panthers to be on the prowl in the future once cregger establishes a culture of winning over there. cregger is kind of like ole wade phillips you don't really know how good they are until their gone.

greg tester good young coach from hurley seems to put a good unit on the field year in & out. will continue to build and have success over at hurley.

all 4 of these ole boys coach em up at small schools. good luck guys and i hope you stay in coaching for a long time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think that big freddie has proven himself over and over again......i also think coach wyatt does a great job at tazwell and before at pocahontas......coach mance at richlands has to be doing a great job.........and coach hart at bland seems to se pretty consistent at that small school.

is that picture in your avatar from a beaver game in like the 40s at wade school???