Richlands no chance

Canes00

Things change from season-to-season. Do you think that the 2002 Liberty-Bedford team was the same one Graham stomped to death in the 2001 state-semifinals? Of course not. And they rolled to the 2002 state title.

Put the previous seasons aside: what matters is this season. And Brookville is legitimate, my friends. Division 3 title-caliber.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you look for a pattern you will see The Blues have played their best when they were given NO CHANCE to win... and played their worst when they were supposed to win.

Brookville is legitimate, my friends. Division 3 title-caliber.

I don't think he was implying that Brookville wasn't legit.....everyone knows they're loaded; no one in their right mind would suggest otherwise and "all odds" are that Brookville will be the champs but Richlands is certainly gonna show up and try to overcome those odds.

The way I read it.... he was saying that the BLUES have defied the odds and performed/been more successful when they were underdogs.....nothing more or nothing less in his post.

Edited by trublue

Curious why you say he's not a true D-1 talent? WF is a true D-1 football program and they want him so... what am I missing?

The fact he doesn't have D-1 ability, maybe???

Don't get me wrong, Muncy is a good high school player. He had a great senior season and led the 'dogs to a great season.

But honestly, being a Richlands blue-bleeding die-hard, do you honestly think he is on the same level, talent-wise, as Austin Fuller???

And I think we all can agree, his talent level is no where near what Bradshaw's was when he was in high school.

As a matter of fact, I can name, off the top of my head, seven or eight MORE TALENTED players that have gone to Tazewell in the last 20 years that weren't D-1 signees...

"True" D-1 players can take over a game when they need too...never saw or heard of Muncy doing that in his career. "True" D-1 players put up much bigger numbers than Muncy has, most against better competition than we have in this area. You can bash me if you like, but that is the truth.

And, as I've said many times before, I hope he takes advantage of this "gift" he's been given and gets a solid education from a top-notch University...

Once again, this opinion means nothing. Matt, if you're reading this don't listen to this fool, it's pretty obvious he has no clue what D-1 talent really is. He just a little jealous of the chance that has been presented to you.

You're right, but I am entitled to my opinion. And I'd say I have a pretty good eye for talent. And no, I'm not jealous, why would I be? I just bumfuzzled as to how he received a D-1 scholarship for football...

Don't get me wrong, Muncy is a good high school player. He had a great senior season and led the 'dogs to a great season.

But honestly, being a Richlands blue-bleeding die-hard, do you honestly think he is on the same level, talent-wise, as Austin Fuller???

And I think we all can agree, his talent level is no where near what Bradshaw's was when he was in high school.

As a matter of fact, I can name, off the top of my head, seven or eight MORE TALENTED players that have gone to Tazewell in the last 20 years that weren't D-1 signees...

"True" D-1 players can take over a game when they need too...never saw or heard of Muncy doing that in his career. "True" D-1 players put up much bigger numbers than Muncy has, most against better competition than we have in this area. You can bash me if you like, but that is the truth.

And, as I've said many times before, I hope he takes advantage of this "gift" he's been given and gets a solid education from a top-notch University...

Coaching in Tazewell did not allow this kid to play to his potential when he gets to wake he will have a better chance to show off his talents.

On the scout team???

I really don't understand where you are going its almost like you are saying he has no chance. I'm just saying that when he arrives at Wake they will work with him and make him better. You don't give someone a full ride and not think that they will help your team in the future.

as bad as i hate to say it.. brookeville by at least 20.. they have 6 D1 Recruits that i figure are gonna calm down the storm.. but any thing can happen.. lebanon beat gc.. who saw that happening?

i actually picked lebanon

I see what you're saying, but players like Fuller and Bradshaw aren't the last guys to get scholarships. They still need to some 1 and 2 star players to round out the class. I don't think anyone is saying he'll be an all-American, but he can still be a contributor. I just think if Jim Grobe sees him as a D-1 football player then he is.

On the scout team???

Muncy will get more playing time at Wake than Fuller will get at Tech. Do you want to make a little bet on that right now? I'm sure muncy will atleast get a number on the team roster lol.

I have seen Muncy play a few times and haven't been impressed with him yet. His 40 time says it's a 4.59, his game speed must be slower. I don't question the strength in his running because I've seen him break away from many tackles, some combo tackles, in the games I've watched. However, as my friend and I sat and watched the Regional Championship on Sat., he noticed what I had pointed out before the game. Muncy doesn't seem to be motivated when the ball isn't to him, or on his side of the field. If it is a running play, he doesn't carry out his route, making it seem as if a pass. If it is a pass and I guess he happens to not be the go-to guy, he doesn't run his route to convince anyone he is capable of getting the ball. Seems to be laziness to me.

Like I said, he hasn't convinced me of being worthy of multiple D-1 scholarships. In WV we have a simmilar case with CJ Crawford of Huntington. Hasn't done much against anyone, but runs a heck of a good 40 time, decent size, and must show off at camps, because Arkansas has offered him, along with Wake Forest. I guess that's what he and Muncy do best; show off at camps. I've watched both play and haven't been convinced of either. As GMAN stated earlier of his, this is just my opinion.

I really don't understand where you are going its almost like you are saying he has no chance. I'm just saying that when he arrives at Wake they will work with him and make him better. You don't give someone a full ride and not think that they will help your team in the future.

Almost??? Umm, are you that slow???

Muncy will get more playing time at Wake than Fuller will get at Tech. Do you want to make a little bet on that right now? I'm sure muncy will atleast get a number on the team roster lol.

Not in his first year...Grobe redshirts EVERY freshman...that's his philosophy...

Well, every freshman except for Joe Looney, the monster at left guard. Granted Joe, the 6'4 320 pound lineman graduated early and has been at Wake since last January, but he was the exception for Grobe this year. Do I think Muncy will be the exception next year? No way.

Fuller redshirted, Next year he will get playing time... and a number lol

I don't bet, but I know Fuller's time will come and he will do a super job--just as he did at Richlands. I also hope Muncy has a good career at Wake Forest.

Life has many choices---eternity has two

GO BLUES!!!

Excellent observation. Notice that most of what you have pointed out can be coached or corrected. Not bagging that THS coaching staff at all, but at this level when you have someone with talent you tend to overlook some of the shortcomings. Muncy has all the attributes of a D-1 athlete decent size, decent speed and an understanding of the game etc. etc. The facts are he is not a D-1 prospect or a D-1 recruit he is as of now (barring any injuries or setbacks) a D-1 football athlete. I to have watched some tremedously talented football players from various schools in our area. All had some potential to play at the D-1 level. What has seperated those that did not make it from Muncy is the desire to acheive it. Muncy has attended many camps and OBVIOUSLY shown those that not only have an eye for talent, but whose sole job it is to search for and sign such talent, that he has the POTENTIAL to be a football player. Opinions are exactly opinions. Yours or mine have little meaning to others. But I find it difficult to disagree with those that should be the subject matter experts. HE IS, FOR REASONS THAT BAFFLE SOME A D-1 SCHOLARSHIP FOOTBALL ATHLETE.

How did we get off the Bees and Tornado and more about Fuller and Muncy??

Both these fine athletes are very worthy of D-I scholarships. As far as Muncy, it is not his fault that Wyatt would have rather used him as a DECOY than use his talent and ability to put points on the board. Wyatt has never took advantage of his full potential. Good Luck Muncy. You are very worthy to play ball at Wake. Also, best of luck to Fuller next season. We should all be proud that these two are representing southwest Virginia..

Really? Matt has the ability and the grades. Bark1time has it right on the money. Just because Wyatt doesn't use him to the full ability doesn't mean he doesn't have the ability to be a playmaker. I have full confidence in Muncy to become what everybody had built him up to be and I know he has what it takes. Maybe it means nothing to anybody, but just because he wasn't used properly doen't mean he doesn't have the talent.

Getmoney suggested they should do the "go get it" Muncy more often in the Richlands game. I suggested this at the beginning of the season and about got crucified for it. Plain and simple, Wyatt didn't know how to use him properly. As for Wake, I guess we'll have to find out. Untill then I guess we can all agree that even though he didn't have the numbers he was supposed to have, he has a chance to contribute at Wake. Cause after all, the world is bigger than SWVA and Gmans' opinions.

I have seen Muncy play a few times and haven't been impressed with him yet. His 40 time says it's a 4.59, his game speed must be slower. I don't question the strength in his running because I've seen him break away from many tackles, some combo tackles, in the games I've watched. However, as my friend and I sat and watched the Regional Championship on Sat., he noticed what I had pointed out before the game. Muncy doesn't seem to be motivated when the ball isn't to him, or on his side of the field. If it is a running play, he doesn't carry out his route, making it seem as if a pass. If it is a pass and I guess he happens to not be the go-to guy, he doesn't run his route to convince anyone he is capable of getting the ball. Seems to be laziness to me.

Like I said, he hasn't convinced me of being worthy of multiple D-1 scholarships. In WV we have a simmilar case with CJ Crawford of Huntington. Hasn't done much against anyone, but runs a heck of a good 40 time, decent size, and must show off at camps, because Arkansas has offered him, along with Wake Forest. I guess that's what he and Muncy do best; show off at camps. I've watched both play and haven't been convinced of either. As GMAN stated earlier of his, this is just my opinion.

Yeah but it doesn't matter what you think now does it.......

Ok, that's why I said that it was simply my opinion. I just posted what I thought of the situation just as GMAN and others have. I'm well aware that what I, along with other doubters of Muncy, have to say doesn't matter one bit. We are not the recruiters and are not the people who account for Muncy going D-1, but it's just an opinion that we have decided to post in contrast to others.

A lot of people doubted a friend of mine last year during his senior season because he blew up. He got tremendous hype, attended the Elite 11 football camp, and was named a 4 star recruit. No one believed him because he didn't play on that great of a team. What happened his senior year? He took his team to a district runner-up, lost by a 50 yard last second field goal in the playoffs, signed his letter of intent to play at Alabama and threw a touchdown in the Army All-American game. Clearly the people that mattered were those that saw what was true. Other people just said what they thought, their opinion, so don't get mad over it.

Here's one I"m going to throw out at you.......How much of Muncy not being played to his fullest potential was related to Wyatt's poor coaching decisions or did small town politics contribute?? Don't ask my opinion...I'm trying to be repectful. (What goes around comes around). One thing is certain, when it came down to "crunch" time it was obvious who Wyatt relied on!!! Muncy you played an outstanding game Saturday. 4 TDS against the Regional Champs is an accomplishment. Im sure Coach Grobe and team will appreciate you @ Wake. Best of luck.