Real Football in Washington County?? Could it be?

cavdaddy

I think its bull if we dont play at uva wise. Its a nice place, the field makes it even for both teams. I think a playoff game should not be on a muddy field, it takes away from the game. I thought the VHSL rules out fields unfittable to play on! I think if we dont play at UVA Wise we are getting hosed!!

You wouldn't be getting hosed....get back to the half state next year and choose where ya want to play it. It isn't like CW didn't travel last year.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have heard, Holston will have more speed & athletes-Clintwood stronger up front. They may want to play this game at Clintwood on a sloppy, muddy field. If it goes to UVA-Wise, Holston may be able to spread them out and expose them with their speed. Hopefully, the game will be played at the college-good luck cavs!

cowboy-give me some of that stuff your smoking!!! Clintwood wins this game easily.. I scouted them 3 times this year and they may be the best in SWVA..I heard the battle job is coming open..Candidates are a host of PH coaches and former coach Johnson. He did a fine job with what he had at PH. It could also be time for Blankenship to get his first gig.. He won a state title at Richlands and was a heck of a linebacker. He plays and coaches with a lot of heart.. I wish T. Berk would make another run at Battle. He has the best fake punt I have ever seen on the gridiron and no doubt he has the guts to call it...

Clintwood has the speed advantage in the skill positions I believe, not Holston. Matlock is doing a great job with his troops in Damascus though. He is representing his alma mater very well.

Clintwood has the advantage in every facet of the game...Holston may be a decent team, but CW will make them look alot more like Thomas Walker than they'll want to.

Cavy, good luck to you guys. We will be handing white towels for your eyes at the Depot Square here in Abington after you get a taste of Clintwood.

u know ive read alot and man you are the definition of a falcon. if holston does lose who cares they competed very well against scools their own size...YOU DIDNT!!1 you couldnt even beat honaker so you keep the towls just in case you spill your kool aid and liquor!!!

Factboy, I'll think about you on Saturday when you take a butt whipping and I'm still eating leftovers. If your looking for sympathy I'll show it to you in the dictionary. You and cavdaddy be sure to cuddle up at the game cause its going to be cold, forcasters are calling for it to be in the single digits or even zero for the cav nation.

u know ive read alot and man you are the definition of a falcon. if holston does lose who cares they competed very well against scools their own size...YOU DIDNT!!1 you couldnt even beat honaker so you keep the towls just in case you spill your kool aid and liquor!!!

Get the fact straight no one has beaten Abingdon badly in the past few years. We are so close in every game. Stay focused on your game and quit worrying about A-town!

Get the fact straight no one has beaten Abingdon badly in the past few years. We are so close in every game. Stay focused on your game and quit worrying about A-town!

2006: Richlands 53 Abingdon 0

2005: Richlands 36 Abingdon 0

2004: Richlands 51 Abingdon 14

What are your definitions of badly and few?

2006: Richlands 53 Abingdon 0

2005: Richlands 36 Abingdon 0

2004: Richlands 51 Abingdon 14

What are your definitions of badly and few?

I'm glad all you guys are so intereted in the Abingdon program. Why don't you all worry about your own teams? As I was told in another post if you hate Abingdon so much stay out of town. All you guys run down here every weekend for something to do. Oh yeah-good luck this week I think you'll need it.

I'm glad all you guys are so intereted in the Abingdon program. Why don't you all worry about your own teams? As I was told in another post if you hate Abingdon so much stay out of town. All you guys run down here every weekend for something to do. Oh yeah-good luck this week I think you'll need it.

I'm interested in all of the local programs. That's why I read threads about all teams...not just Richlands. I was just pointing out that you were wrong...I'm sorry that you can't admit that.

I sure as hell don't come to Abingdon looking for something to do...sorry, my idea of a fun weekend isn't drinking whine and watching a play at the Barter. If I go anywhere near Abingdon then I'm likely headed to Bristol.

I'm interested in all of the local programs. That's why I read threads about all teams...not just Richlands. I was just pointing out that you were wrong...I'm sorry that you can't admit that.

He just needs a little pat on the back to compensate for his apparent inferiority complex. More than a few suffer from it on these forums. I know at least two of the afflicted come from Abingdon.......

On the bright side, I've had a few of these folks remind me that I must be "perfect"....not that I've ever had any doubts.....

:pFinally there is high school football in Washington County, Va. I've been saving this post for a while. I didn't want to distract from our Region Championship Game (which we won!). There have been some haters of Cav Football and most of it has come from people of washington county (the falcon nation). And I can see your frustrations but News alert: Abingdon Football is not the biggest football in the county now. That would rest in a small town called Damascus. We don't have the best facilities but we are dam good at playing the game of football! We have great cooking and a great atmosphere for high school football. Let it be known that when you come to washington county, the place for football is Holston High School! Go Cavs!:p

Don't forget the peanuts, they rock!! Good Luck I hope you kick some butt!!! GO BIG RED!!! From: B-town baby this Trojan fan hopes you all clean house!!:D

He just needs a little pat on the back to compensate for his apparent inferiority complex. More than a few suffer from it on these forums. I know at least two of the afflicted come from Abingdon.......

Hey...leave Lance out of this! LOL

Factboy, I'll think about you on Saturday when you take a butt whipping and I'm still eating leftovers. If your looking for sympathy I'll show it to you in the dictionary. You and cavdaddy be sure to cuddle up at the game cause its going to be cold, forcasters are calling for it to be in the single digits or even zero for the cav nation.

Fact is you cant handle the truth!! We are the real force that is in washington county! You enjoy your leftovers and we will go for a state championship (something you falcons wont ever do!) haha Be sure to eat some humble pie, you need it! :eek: