All SWD team

mnhokie

G-man/Lance.....pls. issue/design a participation certificate w/a "fill-in" blank______________

That way all the naysayers that think THEY know who should have been named to the "ALL" district team will have that void filled by this obvious oversight by the SWD coaches (whom put in all those countless hours, days, months that equates to negative monetary compensation) and apparently got it wrong. Hopefully, w/the issuance of this certificate this thread will now morph into extinction.

With this "fill in" the blank _________________________________ certificate ALL are now recognized.....now the universal clap, clap, clap.....GOOD JOB everyone. How 'bout let's go get some pizza????

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roy Christian for 3 years has had one job and thats to clog the holes and let Brett Clayborne, Shane Wicks and Derek Jackson chase the ball down and make the tackles considering the fact that in the last three years those have been the best 3 linebackers in the district I would say that Roy does his job extremely well. Glad to see the big guy get his credit where it is due.

the Best LB in the District was Rhudy from Tazewell.....hands down.....there is no debate

And like I said before, the picks aren't right. I know for a fact that Nicley kid from Marion had tied with Lanning with tackles for the year and caused more turnovers. Briscoe led the district in tackles.They didn't get credit where credit is due.I like the picks from Tazwell but I know a that some guys didn't get what they deserve!!!!!!!!!!!!

that doesnt matter

Roy Christian for 3 years has had one job and thats to clog the holes and let Brett Clayborne, Shane Wicks and Derek Jackson chase the ball down and make the tackles considering the fact that in the last three years those have been the best 3 linebackers in the district I would say that Roy does his job extremely well. Glad to see the big guy get his credit where it is due.

naw they havent been the best three backers

Dude, you can't give anyone any credit at all can you?!?! Richlands' defense has been their bread and butter for the past 5 regional championships. They must be doing something right! I don't know who you are, I'm sure you're a good athlete, but give some props to the other guys when they deserve it... considering you haven't beat them since you've been playing varsity football.

Dude, you can't give anyone any credit at all can you?!?! Richlands' defense has been their bread and butter for the past 5 regional championships. They must be doing something right! I don't know who you are, I'm sure you're a good athlete, but give some props to the other guys when they deserve it... considering you haven't beat them since you've been playing varsity football.

i never said they werent good im sure the claybourne kid was good ive heard good things about him, but last year i think tyler barreras was the best backer

Clayburne was 1st team All-State defensive linebacker his senior year, Wicks, his senior year, was SWD defensive player of the year, Region IV defensive co-player of the year and first team All-State on defense. I would think Jackson with his stats should be first team on state also. 3 excellent defensive personnel on the Blues team. Wicks also played after the ACL injury, at Tazewell his senior year, and still earned all these honors, which speak loudly about their skills and accomplishments.

Life has many choices---eternity has two

Clayburne was 1st team All-State defensive linebacker his senior year, Wicks, his senior year, was SWD defensive player of the year, Region IV defensive co-player of the year and first team All-State on defense. I would think Jackson with his stats should be first team on state also. 3 excellent defensive personnel on the Blues team. Wicks also played after the ACL injury, at Tazewell his senior year, and still earned all these honors, which speak loudly about their skills and accomplishments.

well wat helps to gettin all-state is if u makin there, u gotta go deep into playoffs to get recognition bc people have to see u play and thats wat the teams for clayburne and wicks did but jackson wont get that cause they didnt go far enough and if he does all i gotta say is WOW

well wat helps to gettin all-state is if u makin there, u gotta go deep into playoffs to get recognition bc people have to see u play and thats wat the teams for clayburne and wicks did but jackson wont get that cause they didnt go far enough and if he does all i gotta say is WOW

I think the state semi's is pretty deep--only one more week after that.

I think the state semi's is pretty deep--only one more week after that.

thats true i forgot they went that far so he might get it but if he does im still goin be like WOW lol

the Best LB in the District was Rhudy from Tazewell.....hands down.....there is no debate

haha well if you saw me play against tazewell i can see why you are saying that, but in my defense i came out in the 3rd quarter w/ cramps tried to go back in but they wouldn't go away so yea.. also that was the first week i had been moved from outside to middle linebacker but that doesn't really matter... but both of my calves locked up on a punt that i fell down on and i basically had to pull my feet up to make them stop lol.. rest of the year i drank a thing of pedialyte b4 the game and didn't have problems w/ that anymore.

haha well if you saw me play against tazewell i can see why you are saying that, but in my defense i came out in the 3rd quarter w/ cramps tried to go back in but they wouldn't go away so yea.. also that was the first week i had been moved from outside to middle linebacker but that doesn't really matter... but both of my calves locked up on a punt that i fell down on and i basically had to pull my feet up to make them stop lol.. rest of the year i drank a thing of pedialyte b4 the game and didn't have problems w/ that anymore.

with or without cramps it doesnt matter he wasnt to great he was just an alright football player

What about #21 Corner at DB hes a good hard hitting player who has alot of heart.

Corner is a hard hitter and an really good defender for THS. But I hate to knock on him cause I am the biggest dawg supporter on here, ask any of the RHS fans, but Corner needs to work on one thing and he will be the complete package.......quit leading with his head cause he could get serrously injured that way and plus he also misses quite a few tackles that should be easily made.

The kid hits with enough power that he shouldn't have to lead with his head on every tackle. Keep your head up Corner, break down and square up and lay the wood.......all of us Tazewell fans know you are a super hard hitter.....and after the playoff game, I believe Joel Elswick would agree...haha

Guest dawgfan86

Stats still shows that the kid from Marion had the most tackles and another one was second(tied with Lanning) and forced more turnovers.They didn't get their credit.So I guess because your team doesn't go all the way, a player shouldn't get what he deserves? I don't think so. If you are good,than you should be rewared for it.

Stats still shows that the kid from Marion had the most tackles and another one was second(tied with Lanning) and forced more turnovers.They didn't get their credit.So I guess because your team doesn't go all the way, a player shouldn't get what he deserves? I don't think so. If you are good,than you should be rewared for it.

Maybe they should give out participation trophies so no one gets their feelings hurt. There are more to football than stats...just because you had a few more tackles than another guy doesn't make you better... it could mean the ball came your way a few more times, or a number of other things.

Besides, you're making it way too obvious that you are TNT posing as a Tazewell fan to make your point.

Edited by BigBlueAlum

I doubt coaches spend much time pouring over stats when they pick these teams. They just go with the guys that impressed them most. Individual stats don't mean a whole lot in high school football. Starters on the better teams usually spend much of the 4th quarter, if not part of the 3rd on the bench, while those on losing teams stay in the game and accumulate stats against the JV.

Maybe they should give out participation trophies so no one gets their feelings hurt. There are more to football than stats...just because you had a few more tackles than another guy doesn't make you better... it could mean the ball came your way a few more times, or a number of other things.

Besides, you're making it way too obvious that you are TNT posing as a Tazewell fan to make your point.

naw its def. not me idc anymore i gotta focus on gettin ready for college so idc about this anymore

I doubt coaches spend much time pouring over stats when they pick these teams. They just go with the guys that impressed them most. Individual stats don't mean a whole lot in high school football. Starters on the better teams usually spend much of the 4th quarter, if not part of the 3rd on the bench, while those on losing teams stay in the game and accumulate stats against the JV.

naw we got taken out when JV kids came in which was only agaisnt richlands

so who is a really good football player?

Muncy, Hanna,Briscoe, Lanning, Christian was ight, Lane was quick, Coleman, Nicley and thats all i can think of....oh and Rasnick is good but that kids like Hanna he could play anythin and be good at it, and i heard the Corner kid is but idk him so im just goin say hes good lol