Does anyone know Bluefield's 2009 Football schedule yet?

edrforshey

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has to be a problem somewhere with R C Byrd on Bluefield's schedule.

Bridgeport and R C Byrd has moved their game back to the former date in 2009 of week 6.

That is the week that R C Byrd played Bluefield in 2008.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Last I heard RCB was trying to get out of the contract and Bluefield went to the WVSSAC... I dont know the technicalities with all that stuff though.

I'd be all for rcb opting out of the game, I doubt it would be much of a competitve game in '09, although it would be easier aaa points if bluefield plays their best, that's not the way bluefield does things. If bluefield could schedule another game thats the ?. But from what I've read keyser expects to have to schedule 3 games in '09, they really aren't that much further distance than rcb.

I think Richlands dropped Bluefield and picking up Lebanon, not positive, but I think thats whats going on. I would like to see us drop a single A school and keep Bluefield but Im not running the show. I think Richlands is still apprehensive about playing Bluefield because of the whole cheating scandal a few years back when they dropped Bluefield to begin with.

I think Richlands dropped Bluefield and picking up Lebanon, not positive, but I think thats whats going on. I would like to see us drop a single A school and keep Bluefield but Im not running the show. I think Richlands is still apprehensive about playing Bluefield because of the whole cheating scandal a few years back when they dropped Bluefield to begin with.

We've beat them fair and square the past two years. Do they reall think all that crap will happen again? Richlands can't use that excuse forever.

We've beat them fair and square the past two years. Do they reall think all that crap will happen again? Richlands can't use that excuse forever.

No, I don't think that is the reason they aren't playing...some people can't let anything go.

To be honest, they probably dropped them because they beat us two years in a row...not sure who's decision it was.

Any more Blues fans want to make Richlands look bad??? It's not because of 2002, and it's not because "they beat us two years in a row" either. It's because Bluefield was a replacement for Lebanon to begin with. They dropped Richlands two years ago when they joined the CMD. Now they have an opening and the series will resume.

On a personal note, I get to trade the worst lighting (in the way they cycle, not overall lumens) for one of the best.

Any more Blues fans want to make Richlands look bad??? It's not because of 2002, and it's not because "they beat us two years in a row" either. It's because Bluefield was a replacement for Lebanon to begin with. They dropped Richlands two years ago when they joined the CMD. Now they have an opening and the series will resume.

On a personal note, I get to trade the worst lighting (in the way they cycle, not overall lumens) for one of the best.

Well, if BigD says so, then it must be a fact!!

If anyone makes "Blues fans look bad" then it has been you acting like a 5 year old child over the past year. Get over it!! :rolleyes:

Its all about you BigD...you're the reason Richlands dropped Bluefield...you don't take good pictures of bad losses...

Are you suggesting the lighting at mitchell stadium is bad for photos at night and that lebanon's is really good? I've never been able to get good photos at night myself there, big reason I don't really even make an effort at bluefield's night games short of ever buying an expensive sports lense, but I figured it was more the lense I had than anything else.

For the games in my opinion mitchell stadium's lighting is high quality. How is lebanon's lighting for the games itself?

Mitchell has good lighting in terms of overall illumination. The problem is the cycle, or "flicker" that the eye doesn't notice but the camera does. I get as much as one full stop over or under exposure, as well as a color shift from shot to shot. It's not noticeable if you use flash as you're primary light. My preference is to not use flash unless i absolutely have to, and even then to only use it as fill.

I've actually never shot action at Lebanon, so for all I know the cycle could be worse, but I do know it's very bright. It's a small facility and the lights are closer to the field than in most places.

And I forgot to add that no high school stadium is good for pictures at night, which is why I wish they were all played on Saturday afternoon. To get good light you have to go to a pro or major college stadium with TV quality lighting

Edited by BigD4VT

Well, if BigD says so, then it must be a fact!!

If anyone makes "Blues fans look bad" then it has been you acting like a 5 year old child over the past year. Get over it!! :rolleyes:

Could not agree more alum if anyone made Richlands look bad it was the ones that packed up off the board and said they would never return just because something was said they did not like they acted like 5 years olds and came on here and cried only to return to tell others how we are making the blues fans look bad. Should have thought about that when they came on here and cried for a week.

How about giving BigD a break. He isn't the only one who has some problems with the way people post on this board. Let's just all get along. I personally think Bluefield has been the best competition (during the regular season) Richlands has faced in years. At first, I did not think playing Bluefield was a good idea. But, Bluefield's players, coaches and fans have impressed me very much. When playing Bluefield, I (probably many other fans as well) had a feeling that if Richlands didn't play their best football, we would be in trouble. You can't say that about every team on our schedule. For the past two season the Beavers have given us a preview of what playoff teams should be and have helped the Blues prepare for the postseason. Good Luck to the Beavers and hopefully one day the Beavers and the Blues can resume this cross state rivalry.

How about giving BigD a break. He isn't the only one who has some problems with the way people post on this board. Let's just all get along. I personally think Bluefield has been the best competition (during the regular season) Richlands has faced in years. At first, I did not think playing Bluefield was a good idea. But, Bluefield's players, coaches and fans have impressed me very much. When playing Bluefield, I (probably many other fans as well) had a feeling that if Richlands didn't play their best football, we would be in trouble. You can't say that about every team on our schedule. For the past two season the Beavers have given us a preview of what playoff teams should be and have helped the Blues prepare for the postseason. Good Luck to the Beavers and hopefully one day the Beavers and the Blues can resume this cross state rivalry.

Well said.

I would like to publicly apologize to BigD. I got a little snappy.

:D It's all good now.

I miss the good old days when Bluefield was "simply too good" to even give Richlands a passing thought. Or something like that. If someone could channel Stubby Currence, we could probably get the exact quote.

Well your wish is granted. To cut to the chase, Richlands dropping the young lads from Bluefield boils down to one word "SPEED". Speed on defense is a night mare for a team that has average speed on offense and runs the spread offense. All the teams that have been able to beat the boys from down the road have speed and athletes. Then you have to chase the Beavers all over the field on offense. This creates situations that are not good for 99% of the teams in southwest Virginia.

The good ole days are gone my goodfriend. The days of sandlot flag football have replaced the days when you had to go toe to toe and whip someone.

I hope this will clear up why Bluefield is still the Home of Champions until someone can knock them off this perch.