Does anyone know Bluefield's 2009 Football schedule yet?

edrforshey

Here is what I know so far of RCB's 2009 schedule

R C BYRD

08/28 A FAIRMONT SR.

09/04 H BUCKHANNON UPSHUR

09/11 H NORTH MARION

09/18

09/25 A ELKINS

10/02 H BRIDGEPORT

10/09 A EAST FAIRMONT

10/16

10/23 A PARKERSBURG SOUTH

10/30 H LEWIS COUNTY

11/06 H WHEELING PARK

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Belfry Pirates of eastern KY say that the southern WV teams won't play them in football. I think they are not looking hard enough! I would like to see the wishbone of Belfry take on the speed of Bluefield. You can look at the quotes on Blue Grass Rivals.

Would like to see the rivialary continue. True this year the speed of Bluefield at WR and the youth at the corners for Richlands was the major difference, but have to believe every few years Richlands would match up very well with Bluefield.

Would have loved to seen the Richlands 2006 team match up against the 2007 Bluefield team. 2006 had speed and talent spread all over the field. Richlands 2007 team had you on the edge of your sit right down to the last play.

If the division change goes thru most of those single a teams will be in the same division as Richlands. Can't believe this rivialary is done yet. Just to many +'s for both teams.

Well said.

I would like to publicly apologize to BigD. I got a little snappy.

:D It's all good now.

I would also like to apolgize to BigD. I let someone else use my account yesterday and they made that post without me knowing the problem has been taken care of and from now on any post made by me is actually me i think i said right haha.

The Belfry Pirates of eastern KY say that the southern WV teams won't play them in football. I think they are not looking hard enough! I would like to see the wishbone of Belfry take on the speed of Bluefield. You can look at the quotes on Blue Grass Rivals.

Direct link:

http://bluegrassrivals.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50105&page=3

Belfry is a 3A school in KY (Pike County), for those that don't know. 13-1 this year, lost to a good Breathitt County team in the state semis (14-12).

http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb08/27626

Would like to see the rivialary continue. True this year the speed of Bluefield at WR and the youth at the corners for Richlands was the major difference, but have to believe every few years Richlands would match up very well with Bluefield.

Would have loved to seen the Richlands 2006 team match up against the 2007 Bluefield team. 2006 had speed and talent spread all over the field. Richlands 2007 team had you on the edge of your sit right down to the last play.

If the division change goes thru most of those single a teams will be in the same division as Richlands. Can't believe this rivialary is done yet. Just to many +'s for both teams.

I think the 2006 team of Richlands would have rolled Bluefield that year. Just my opinion. The Blues had so much talent it wouldnt funny

I think the 2006 team of Richlands would have rolled Bluefield that year. Just my opinion. The Blues had so much talent it wouldnt funny

I think we definitely could have beat Bluefield that year...but rolled...I'm not so sure of that. Bluefield always plays tough.

I think it would have been a great game... I do have to agree with you that Richlands was loaded down with talent that season...not that Bluefield wasn't in 2007, but the RHS team in 2006 was incredible.

I think we definitely could have beat Bluefield that year...but rolled...I'm not so sure of that. Bluefield always plays tough.

I think it would have been a great game... I do have to agree with you that Richlands was loaded down with talent that season...not that Bluefield wasn't in 2007, but the RHS team in 2006 was incredible.

Im not saying a 50-0 win, im thinking 42-20ish. The "O" was unstopable that year and had a pretty damn good defense.

I think it would have been close too, 41-35 Richlands

I doubt it would be that high scoring. Don't forget that the 2006 Blues defense only gave up more than 14 points in two game...both were in the playoffs...one was in the State Championship game. Bluefield also had a great defense in 2007 only giving up more than 14 points in three games. I would say it would be a relatively low scoring game, between 20-30 points.

Bluefield's offense was pretty unstopable and their defense was great in 2007 as well. I think it would be a very close game either way.

2007 Richlands stuffed the 2007 Bluefield offense. The better ballgame would definitely be 2004 Bluefield vs. 2006 Richlands.

as bad as i hate to say it if we had stuffed it then we would have won the game.

the Richlands defense gave up one play, the 54 yd run after halftime..........the long interception return won the game for Bluefield. Did Bluefield deserve to win.......yes. Was their offense unstoppable that night, not even close......

I've eluded to it before on here, Bluefield's o has never been the type of o to grind out 1st downs or even gain more yards, even though it'd been done lots of times, it's designed to pop the big play. That's what really makes them dangerous in my honest opinion, play them great on d for 3 1/2 quarters in a close game and you're still in danger from any 1 play.

the Richlands defense gave up one play, the 54 yd run after halftime..........the long interception return won the game for Bluefield. Did Bluefield deserve to win.......yes. Was their offense unstoppable that night, not even close......

GOOD teams find a way to win! period.

GOOD teams find a way to win! period.

I agree.....I'm not saying that 2007 Richlands was better than, or even as good as the 2007 Bluefield team. However, they were very very close. My point is that the 2006 Richlands and 2004 Bluefield teams were both significantly better than either the 2007 Richlands or the 2007 Bluefield team.

Edited by parsons

The offense was held low that night because Richlands had a good defense. The interception return would have been a touchdown if not for the phantom clip on the play. Bluefield's offense, defense, and special teams outplayed Richlands that night.

I agree.....I'm not saying that 2007 Richlands was better than, or even as good as the 2007 Bluefield team. However, they were very very close. My point is that the 2006 Richlands and 2004 Bluefield teams were both significantly better than either the 2007 Richlands or the 2007 Bluefield team.

Exactly.

If u all remember correctly Bluefield handled Richlands in the pre-season of '06

Wasn't that by like 1 point and if I remember right the score by Bluefield was by Powell in last couple of minutes after Richlands had put in the second string. Actually think Powell had been pulled and than put back in. Not sure Austin or Simmons were on the field. Besides it was a scrimage.............

Wasn't that by like 1 point and if I remember right the score by Bluefield was by Powell in last couple of minutes after Richlands had put in the second string. Actually think Powell had been pulled and than put back in. Not sure Austin or Simmons were on the field. Besides it was a scrimage.............

The Richlands first team manhandled Bluefield in that scrimmage despite having ALL but one (on both sides of the ball) starting linemen out with injuries. Bluefield did score late after a long run by Powell against the Richlands second team. Congratulations to them on that pre-season victory. That, along with Martinsville's pre-season win against Salem in 2005, makes it one of the two most memorial wins in the annals of sport. Oops, Pulaski also got a win that day against the injury riddled Blues.........We all know they had a great team that year (2-8)....

Pre-season football tells you all you need to know about the true quality of a football team.........

Edited by parsons

• 2 weeks later...
Anyway what happend to ttje talk of Bluefields Schedule? If Byrd dropped them who is Freddy gonna replace them with?

Why would they have to be replaced? If there is a contract and Byrd does not honor it...Bluefield wins by forfeit. AAA points and no risk of injury to the players.