Does anyone know Bluefield's 2009 Football schedule yet?

edrforshey

Why would they have to be replaced? If there is a contract and Byrd does not honor it...Bluefield wins by forfeit. AAA points and no risk of injury to the players.

I don't think it would be a "forfeit" game on the schedule. If it is a two game signed contract and one school wants out of the second game, then I believe the school that wants out of the contract has to compensate the other school monetarily.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think it would be a "forfeit" game on the schedule. If it is a two game signed contract and one school wants out of the second game, then I believe the school that wants out of the contract has to compensate the other school monetarily.

That's one way to get out of a contract but I also think if a school wants out and leaves the other one hanging, it is considered a forfeit...

Why did RHS drop Bluefield? To pick up better competition????

I know the AD well and I have his kid on the Youth Basketball team I coach and he told me personally that we dropped them because the contract was only for two years and the two sides couldn't agree on a new one.

The same reason Richlands is dropping us like a bad habit this year!!!!!! Both don't want to lose over and over and over

Bluefield got lucky and started playing Richlands at the right time. Richlands should have never lost the game in 07.

Bluefield got lucky and started playing Richlands at the right time. Richlands should have never lost the game in 07.

should've, would've, could've! Two seasons ago, it really doesn't matter at this point.

5 1/2 pages of BS and all we wanted was Bluefields schedule for 2009. I guess Richlands hasn't got lucky on their schedule somewhere. Sometimes it takes luck but I can guarantee that there was a whole lot of skill involved.

I know the AD well and I have his kid on the Youth Basketball team I coach and he told me personally that we dropped them because the contract was only for two years and the two sides couldn't agree on a new one.

What do you mean "couldn't agree on a new one"??? What more does it take than saying "OK, we'll play" and then finding a date to play (which they already had). I call BS on that one...

What do you mean "couldn't agree on a new one"??? What more does it take than saying "OK, we'll play" and then finding a date to play (which they already had). I call BS on that one...

Well, I've heard from a pretty reliable source that William Campbell wanted to come back this past season to play at Bluefield, but Simon didn't want to play them again after the '07 game.

Not being able to agree on a new contract with Richlands is a possibility for whatever the two sides couldn't agree on.

Bluefield got lucky and played Richlands at the right time? Could that also be said that Richlands was unlucky and played Bluefield at the wrong time, having a state championship team one year and the Kennedy Award winning year of Cole the next? Richlands just got beat, plain and simple. No "luck" involved.

Bluefield got lucky and played Richlands at the right time? Could that also be said that Richlands was unlucky and played Bluefield at the wrong time, having a state championship team one year and the Kennedy Award winning year of Cole the next? Richlands just got beat, plain and simple. No "luck" involved.

Boy you Bluefield guys can't take a joke can ya. But I will tell ya one thing, Bluefield would not have touched any of the 3 teams we played in the state championship games.

Well, I've heard from a pretty reliable source that William Campbell wanted to come back this past season to play at Bluefield, but Simon didn't want to play them again after the '07 game.

Wrong. William Campbell starting their season a week earlier than last year is what caused the game not to be played in 2008. The game would have fallen on the same week Bluefield was scheduled to play Princeton in 2008. Obviously, Princeton couldn't rearrange their schedule due to the MSAC, so Bluefield needed the W.C. game to be moved to another week. A mutual week couldn't be found that worked for both schools, so the game wasn't played 2008. But I'm sure Freddy much rathered traveling three hours to Charlotte to play a game rather than playing another home game as you said W.C. agreed to do. That makes perfect sense...

Wrong. William Campbell starting their season a week earlier than last year is what caused the game not to be played in 2008. The game would have fallen on the same week Bluefield was scheduled to play Princeton in 2008. Obviously, Princeton couldn't rearrange their schedule due to the MSAC, so Bluefield needed the W.C. game to be moved to another week. A mutual week couldn't be found that worked for both schools, so the game wasn't played 2008. But I'm sure Freddy much rathered traveling three hours to Charlotte to play a game rather than playing another home game as you said W.C. agreed to do. That makes perfect sense...

I concur...

That, along with Martinsville's pre-season win against Salem in 2005, makes it one of the two most memorial wins in the annals of sport.

Pre-season football tells you all you need to know about the true quality of a football team.........

memorial = memorable

I must have been sniffing glue that day.

I concur...

My source has been a life long friend of W.C. coach Bradley. Just saying what he told me. Plus traveling to Charlotte to play a AAA/AAAA school verses playing a single A school at home when points matter to get into WV playoffs

Edited by bhs7695

I would like to have seen a matchup of Richlands '06 and Bluefield '04. That would have been one helluva game.
But we all know the best team that has ever been through this area was 89' Graham team...

Guest BEAVERTAIL

If you want to get into this discussion, the 1997 Beaver team has to be in there somewhere...

No, I really don't remember. How was the team and accomplishments

They were state champs and shut out their first eight opponents during the season.

1989 Schedule - (13-1)

Date Opponent Result

8/25 Bluefield (WV-AA) 25-0

9/1 Princeton (WV-AAA) 34-0

9/15 (18) at Christiansburg (AA) 17-0

9/25 at Grundy (AA) 41-0

9/29 at Richlands (AA) 20-0

10/7 Blacksburg (AA) 26-0

10/13 at Tazewell (AA) 19-0

10/20 Lebanon (AA) 41-0

10/27 at Salem (AA) 6-23

11/4 Radford (AA) 22-7

11/11 Giles* 38-20

11/18 Radford** 10-7

11/26 Rustburg*** 30-8

12/3 Southampton**** 16-0

They were state champs and shut out their first eight opponents during the season.

1989 Schedule - (13-1)

Date Opponent Result

8/25 Bluefield (WV-AA) 25-0

9/1 Princeton (WV-AAA) 34-0

9/15 (18) at Christiansburg (AA) 17-0

9/25 at Grundy (AA) 41-0

9/29 at Richlands (AA) 20-0

10/7 Blacksburg (AA) 26-0

10/13 at Tazewell (AA) 19-0

10/20 Lebanon (AA) 41-0

10/27 at Salem (AA) 6-23

11/4 Radford (AA) 22-7

11/11 Giles* 38-20

11/18 Radford** 10-7

11/26 Rustburg*** 30-8

12/3 Southampton**** 16-0

Most might agree some might disagree..i think they are the best team to come through this area

people will always be biased for their teams, while they certainly had a sound d, I've seen quite a few title teams which considerably more firepower on o. In my honest opinion graham's '01 team was stronger than their '89 team, they were very strong in '89, but I thought that graham's '01 team was the best team they've had in decades.