Exporting US dollars for abortion, but not democracy

tbgfan

You may also forget that the communication progress was completely shut down during the storm. No one really knew the extent of the hurricane, media posted wrong stories, and many stories have know found to be extremely exaggerated. This was the first storm to completely shut down the mass communication system in an area, no cell phones, no internet, no landlines, no newspapers, no TV. People had no idea what to do and neither did the people on the ground trying to help. It was a first for all of the responders, and any president in that position.

The sad thing was that the media was there and reported before Bush even thought of taking a peep at it. I'm not saying that all was easy to do, but I am saying that more could have been done and quicker. Things may be firsts for people, but how they react is what can make them great or not so great. In this matter and many others this made him not so.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

100% spot on. Three very valid points.

Can he handle the truth?

I hope you guys hang out because it's like talking to pete and repeat. two peas in a pod. You guys have your opinions and I have mine. That something that makes this country great that I can voice mine and you can voice yours. Most of the country finally woke and saw the mess that we were in, unfortunately it took four more years of the same old crap of people thinking the dems were going to take away their guns and take the bible out of the school. Neither has taken place by the way. 100% for the hardcore repub supportors, go ahead and tell me how close to the center you are.

Health care, education, and infrastructure. I guess part of that falls under the stimulus plan, so that's financial, but those are all things that are important to me.

You see, not everyone can do and earn for themselves in a way that will afford them the things they need without some help. My ultra-conservative friend seems to forget that he depended on food stamps to help support his wife and baby on $7 an hour. He's one of the hardest workers I know, and he makes a very good living now, but he's forgotten about the times when he wasn't capable of providing without help.

And honestly I've never heard him mention the "green agenda". He's more concerned about paying for "free health care".

Heatlh care is always a concern for most people, I don't know that the answer is universa health care though, quality seems to be a big concern, consider it as having a public defendant, or a paid attorney defending someone, the difference in quality is big, I don't know if it's wise to go th cheap route with health care. It's a situation with lots of points on each side and that doesn't seem to have an easy answer..

What do you think is wrong with education that oboma intends to change?

I do realize people have to have assistance sometimes, but, as in the case of your friend for example, there's been a system in place for a long time, didn't it assist your friend when he needed it?

"More" assistance isn't what's needed in this country, it's already taken advantage of enough as it is. Opportunities for people to do more for themselves is what's needed, being more dependent on government is going in the opposite direction of that.

Consider any county or area that has a high dependency on welfare and assistance and take a long hard look at the quality of life in those areas and envision that on a much bigger scale, that's not anything America needs.

Wise.....don't think so. A lot of people who were "wise" thought Lincoln did an awful job. Many wise thought he did great both past and present. Whether it's now or later some things don't change. Bush kept us safe? He was a little late on 9-11. How about the poor black people in Louisiana, they didn't matter if they were safe or not for a week or so. Border control is an issue that needs to be addressed if not for anything but for drugs and terrorism. I usually vote democrat, but I also believe that if there were a candidate that had better ideas for our country, then I would vote for him even if he were green , independent, repub, or demo. There is no way you can say that Bush was a good president. It's a stretch to even call it fair. Anyway, that's my opinion and we won't agree on it.

Very wise. Do you dispute that it's history, decades from now that determines what a president accomplished?

sep. 11th has been debated and debated more even recently on here, and fact after fact about the ignored increased attacks of al queda in the decade before sep 11th have been posted. The flaws of the U.S. intelligence gathering procedures that had been in place for decades that blinded the U.S. were mentioned before. This was a failed "American" policy republican democratic aside.

After wards, the fight was taken to them and there's been 0 attacks on u.s. soil since.

As for the "poor" in louisiana, as mentioned they refused to leave despite warnings, and aid got to hose people quickly as possible after the national guard were mobilized and secured the area. What do you expect, that a disaster the likes of that happens and people aren't going to have it rough for a few days, do you expect people to be eating as much as they want in the comforts of a warm bed the day after? Realistically, they did darn good doing what they did, some people expect the impossible. Your attitude reminds me very much of a saying that soldiers in Iraq had in the days when the war was the most unpopular back in the u.s.. "doing the impossible for the ungreatful, 24 7".

As for people who complain that more should have been done financially, that's like pouring more $s into africa, simply doesn't matter how much $s you send them, it goes to a very corrupt system and the "poor" hardly ever see a dime of it. New Orleans was, don't know about present day, but was 1 of the most corrupt big cities in America, they did pour a lot of financial aid into new orleans, and the people who needed it hardly saw a dime of it.

So I don't blame bush for not wasting even more.

If or when another hurricane that size happens or a big disaster happens, you know what, a lot of people are going to have it rough then to and a lot of you people are going to learn that obama doesn't have some magic wand to make all right with the world the day after.

I try to stay out of these political debates in the General Discussion forum and I know this is a bit off topic, but this thread has a lot to do with Bush. I'm posting the video letter that the Bush daughters wrote to the Obama daughters and I thought it was a very good gesture by the Bush's. People so often get caught up in the stereotypical falsehoods of the President and this video just goes to prove that they are people just like us. No matter how big of a monster the media has created George W. Bush to be, and no matter how good or bad of a leader Obama could potentially be, nothing can say more about their character than the people who actually see it firsthand. You can bash and say all you want about Bush but there is one thing you cannot judge him on, and that is his integrity and character as a person. Whether you agreed with his policies and decision making or not, you cannot deny that we didn't have a great leader for the past 8 years in office in what many regard to be the roughest times this country has faced in modern history. This is my official "thank you" to George W. Bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXM0y8z8pg

Very wise. Do you dispute that it's history, decades from now that determines what a president accomplished?

sep. 11th has been debated and debated more even recently on here, and fact after fact about the ignored increased attacks of al queda in the decade before sep 11th have been posted. The flaws of the U.S. intelligence gathering procedures that had been in place for decades that blinded the U.S. were mentioned before. This was a failed "American" policy republican democratic aside.

After wards, the fight was taken to them and there's been 0 attacks on u.s. soil since.

As for the "poor" in louisiana, as mentioned they refused to leave despite warnings, and aid got to hose people quickly as possible after the national guard were mobilized and secured the area. What do you expect, that a disaster the likes of that happens and people aren't going to have it rough for a few days, do you expect people to be eating as much as they want in the comforts of a warm bed the day after? Realistically, they did darn good doing what they did, some people expect the impossible. Your attitude reminds me very much of a saying that soldiers in Iraq had in the days when the war was the most unpopular back in the u.s.. "doing the impossible for the ungreatful, 24 7".

As for people who complain that more should have been done financially, that's like pouring more $s into africa, simply doesn't matter how much $s you send them, it goes to a very corrupt system and the "poor" hardly ever see a dime of it. New Orleans was, don't know about present day, but was 1 of the most corrupt big cities in America, they did pour a lot of financial aid into new orleans, and the people who needed it hardly saw a dime of it.

So I don't blame bush for not wasting even more.

If or when another hurricane that size happens or a big disaster happens, you know what, a lot of people are going to have it rough then to and a lot of you people are going to learn that obama doesn't have some magic wand to make all right with the world the day after.

Sure I know what history is. I agree that down the road it will be in the History books. How it will be won't be super negative, because public school text books don't tell the dark sides of American History. For example, find a public school History book that tells about Christopher Columbus being one of the first slave traders. That's light compared to some things, but we don't include those things. They aren't going to slash a U.S. Pres in a school book.

Maybe he should have devised a plan to get the money to those in need. After all he is in charge of picking the people to head these departments with approval of course. If it wasn't working, he should have made some heads roll.

A few days = 3 not a week. You call all those children ungrateful, and "poor." A lot of those people were poor. Is it the children's fault that our Admin was lazy and not prompt.

By the way if this isn't any of Bush's fault or his Admin's fault, then why did he admit it.

From the AP

updated 1:44 p.m. ET, Tues., Sept. 13, 2005

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and that the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.

"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9324891/

I try to stay out of these political debates in the General Discussion forum and I know this is a bit off topic, but this thread has a lot to do with Bush. I'm posting the video letter that the Bush daughters wrote to the Obama daughters and I thought it was a very good gesture by the Bush's. People so often get caught up in the stereotypical falsehoods of the President and this video just goes to prove that they are people just like us. No matter how big of a monster the media has created George W. Bush to be, and no matter how good or bad of a leader Obama could potentially be, nothing can say more about their character than the people who actually see it firsthand. You can bash and say all you want about Bush but there is one thing you cannot judge him on, and that is his integrity and character as a person. Whether you agreed with his policies and decision making or not, you cannot deny that we didn't have a great leader for the past 8 years in office in what many regard to be the roughest times this country has faced in modern history. This is my official "thank you" to George W. Bush.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSXM0y8z8pg

I've never questioned his integrity or character as a man, but saying he's a good guy makes him a great leader is ridiculous. That is exactly what you are saying. According to you, Mr. Rodgers would make a great leader for our country. I feel like Bush had our best interests in mind, however, his mind didn't do the right things IMO. He's a good ole boy, but was not the best leader we could have had for the last eight. Unfortunately the BS that the dems were going to steal our guns and steal the bible made many vote elsewhere. By the way, integrity is shown when noone is looking. When it's decision time and the media isn't around. Don't tell me that because he's a good man, that it made him a great leader!

Sure I know what history is. I agree that down the road it will be in the History books. How it will be won't be super negative, because public school text books don't tell the dark sides of American History. For example, find a public school History book that tells about Christopher Columbus being one of the first slave traders. That's light compared to some things, but we don't include those things. They aren't going to slash a U.S. Pres in a school book.

Maybe he should have devised a plan to get the money to those in need. After all he is in charge of picking the people to head these departments with approval of course. If it wasn't working, he should have made some heads roll.

A few days = 3 not a week. You call all those children ungrateful, and "poor." A lot of those people were poor. Is it the children's fault that our Admin was lazy and not prompt.

By the way if this isn't any of Bush's fault or his Admin's fault, then why did he admit it.

From the AP

updated 1:44 p.m. ET, Tues., Sept. 13, 2005

WASHINGTON - President Bush said Tuesday that "I take responsibility" for failures in dealing with Hurricane Katrina and that the disaster raised broader questions about the government's ability to respond to natural disasters as well as terror attacks.

"Katrina exposed serious problems in our response capability at all levels of government," Bush said at joint White House news conference with the president of Iraq.

"To the extent the federal government didn't fully do its job right, I take responsibility," Bush said.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9324891/

It doesn't matter what's in a school book or not, history will tell a much different story about presidents than the people who are the most emotional about them during their years in office.

I never wrote the government couldn't have done things better, and of course a president is going to admit that, but that was a disaster the likes that the U.S. simply wasn't ready for after the levy faltered and the government was doing it's best from the start, key point they were doing their best. To your side bush was sitting around in the white house pointing at the tv screen laughing saying "good, I hate those poor people and minorities, don't activate emergency responses systems for another day or 2, stall all relief efforts till I say".

They did have people there before 3 days, but much of the problem for relief efforts was with the violence and looting, those things had to be quelled before adequate relief efforts could be used. Perhaps if these poor" people hadn't acted like animals and were more civil they wouldn't have had to have national guard on the spot with guns before water.

You could say it was huge disaster and forced people to ct like that, either way, it was a situation that had to be quelled.

Big unrealized problem people often overlook about bigger scale disasters where there is such a need of survival items, people become more like animals and act uncivilized, a situation that has to be dealt with in the midst of or before relief efforts.

This is the big thing, your side has such unrealistic expectations about how quickly things should be done, as I wrote, you'll be in for quite a surprise if something big happens under obama and you have to realize that obama lacks a magic wand to make all right with the world instantly.

It doesn't matter what's in a school book or not, history will tell a much different story about presidents than the people who are the most emotional about them during their years in office.

I never wrote the government couldn't have done things better, and of course a president is going to admit that, but that was a disaster the likes that the U.S. simply wasn't ready for after the levy faltered and the government was doing it's best from the start, key point they were doing their best. To your side bush was sitting around in the white house pointing at the tv screen laughing saying "good, I hate those poor people and minorities, don't activate emergency responses systems for another day or 2, stall all relief efforts till I say".

They did have people there before 3 days, but much of the problem for relief efforts was with the violence and looting, those things had to be quelled before adequate relief efforts could be used. Perhaps if these poor" people hadn't acted like animals and were more civil they wouldn't have had to have national guard on the spot with guns before water.

You could say it was huge disaster and forced people to ct like that, either way, it was a situation that had to be quelled.

Big unrealized problem people often overlook about bigger scale disasters where there is such a need of survival items, people become more like animals and act uncivilized, a situation that has to be dealt with in the midst of or before relief efforts.

This is the big thing, your side has such unrealistic expectations about how quickly things should be done, as I wrote, you'll be in for quite a surprise if something big happens under obama and you have to realize that obama lacks a magic wand to make all right with the world instantly.

So you're saying that his daughters are more intelligent about what he does as a president than the experts? I agree that they could vouch for his daddy or good guy ability. But, those things don't make you a good president. I'm a good guy and a good dad, but I don't think that I would make a good president. Responding to a natural disaster within a day to two isn't unrealistic. There were acts of violence and other things going on. Hell there are in war torn countries and we seem to get aid to them in sufficient time. I agree that some people act more like animals in those situations, but I also know that not all of them did. Did you watch any of the news coverage when it showed all those poor not "poor" people waiting for aid. A lot of those people were children, non of which were animal like. It seems that you would rather not take care of our own people because some were acting stupid. I know you didn't say that, but it seems you are leaning that way. I could be wrong. Maybe if we had stuck to the task at hand and dealt with the issues in Afghanistan instead of trying to conquer the middle east, we could have sent more national guard or u.s. military to help with the situation.

Im not agreeing with the crime family stuff just watch look at the kids and tell me they are animals.

looks like we could use some help even today.

The big thing is you are unrealistic about the job done by our former President. It's funny how some hard core republicans refuse to believe that who they may have voted for didn't do the job they should have. I voted for Obama and I'll be the first to say hey I screwed up with my vote if he does as bad of a job. However, some of the policies that others have cried about are not showing a bad job. Once again give him time to undo the bad that has been done and we'll judge him on that. Look back at other posts I have made concerning Obama and you'll see that it may take him more than one term to undo what has been done. I hope not, but for some things, it might. If anyone has the ability to make things happen within our country that is the president. That in itself tells you I don't have the magic wand belief system. I hope nothing major happens to our country at all. I know Bush dealt with some bad things, but all I ask is that he would have made the right choices. I think he screwed up on some major events. Our country will learn from them, I just hate that we had to learn our lessons the way we did. Come on don't be unrealistic, I'm judging a job that was done, we'll do the same in 4-8 years.

Edited by fieldgeneral

So you're saying that his daughters are more intelligent about what he does as a president than the experts? I agree that they could vouch for his daddy or good guy ability. But, those things don't make you a good president. I'm a good guy and a good dad, but I don't think that I would make a good president. Responding to a natural disaster within a day to two isn't unrealistic. There were acts of violence and other things going on. Hell there are in war torn countries and we seem to get aid to them in sufficient time. I agree that some people act more like animals in those situations, but I also know that not all of them did. Did you watch any of the news coverage when it showed all those poor not "poor" people waiting for aid. A lot of those people were children, non of which were animal like. It seems that you would rather not take care of our own people because some were acting stupid. I know you didn't say that, but it seems you are leaning that way. I could be wrong. Maybe if we had stuck to the task at hand and dealt with the issues in Afghanistan instead of trying to conquer the middle east, we could have sent more national guard or u.s. military to help with the situation.

Im not agreeing with the crime family stuff just watch look at the kids and tell me they are animals.

looks like we could use some help even today.

I'm not certain what you're implying about his daughters, I wrote nothing about bush's daughters. Nor was I talking about punishing children because other people made it a place of civil unrest, I wrote it was a very violent place that had to be quelled as much if not before real relief needed could be provided. This wasn't a typical disaster, the children were helped, unfortunate it wasn't holiday inn suites for all the displaced within a day and many were without essentials but guess what, the real world there was the likes of a 3rd world country in disarray, flooded with sea water filled with bodies, 110 degree heat and high humidity, no power and a lot of violent people with hardly any civil authority, so it's accurate to say it was going to be some rough going for most there a few days, children to.

You're expectations are unrealistic.

im not writing a big long section but i will say this it is stupid that my tax dollers are now going to pay for some little whores abortion and it is bull shit! that is all

I'm afraid that this will turn into the Obama creed: "Give me your tired, your hungry, your weak. We'll pay to fix all their mistakes and support those who don't have the desire to support themselves." Frankly, I think Obama's started out his term in the worst possible way: a political move that panders to the rabidly liberal base (which didn't need pandering to, obviously, as he's in his honeymoon period) and a move that alienates the majority of conservatives. This aside from endorsing with MY tax dollars a political program directed not at the public good and at a political program I vehemently disagree with.

Even Bush didn't make his mistakes in the first week...

Edited by UVAObserver

I'm not certain what you're implying about his daughters, I wrote nothing about bush's daughters. Nor was I talking about punishing children because other people made it a place of civil unrest, I wrote it was a very violent place that had to be quelled as much if not before real relief needed could be provided. This wasn't a typical disaster, the children were helped, unfortunate it wasn't holiday inn suites for all the displaced within a day and many were without essentials but guess what, the real world there was the likes of a 3rd world country in disarray, flooded with sea water filled with bodies, 110 degree heat and high humidity, no power and a lot of violent people with hardly any civil authority, so it's accurate to say it was going to be some rough going for most there a few days, children to.

You're expectations are unrealistic.

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were refferring to hokie07 post about the daughters letter to the obama girls. I agree that we could possibly see some different sides of things in the future but the war in Iraq and Katrina cannot be changed. We differ on these matters and we can go on forever with this, but I never said anything about being put up in a nice hotel or anything, but when you justify the lack of help and supplies because they dealt with violence and looters, it's ridiculous. Sure it happened, but we get aid and supplies in battle zones, much worse than some folks looting and being animal like.

I misunderstood your post. I thought you were refferring to hokie07 post about the daughters letter to the obama girls. I agree that we could possibly see some different sides of things in the future but the war in Iraq and Katrina cannot be changed. We differ on these matters and we can go on forever with this, but I never said anything about being put up in a nice hotel or anything, but when you justify the lack of help and supplies because they dealt with violence and looters, it's ridiculous. Sure it happened, but we get aid and supplies in battle zones, much worse than some folks looting and being animal like.

I wasn't sincere about the holiday inn, the point was considering the magnitude of the situation, people were going to just have to be without some comforts, food and water to for a few days, that's not pleasant but they got helped as quickly as possible and it's unrealistic to consider a situation that servere where people simply won't have to endure some hardships for a while.

We don't feed cities in battle zones though, we bring in supplies and rations to soldiers. How many people were in need in new orleans?

I'm afraid that this will turn into the Obama creed: "Give me your tired, your hungry, your weak. We'll pay to fix all their mistakes and support those who don't have the desire to support themselves." Frankly, I think Obama's started out his term in the worst possible way: a political move that panders to the rabidly liberal base (which didn't need pandering to, obviously, as he's in his honeymoon period) and a move that alienates the majority of conservatives. This aside from endorsing with MY tax dollars a political program directed not at the public good and at a political program I vehemently disagree with.

worst way, you didn't mention that 1 of his 1st orders of business was to start the process of closing down gitmo, after that exposing and closing down cia safe houses throughout europe and the middle east, denounced harsh interrogation practices, and did his very 1st sit down interview as a president in a muslim country for a muslim population, promising to negotiate as a means of diplomacy. A guaranteed proven failure in managing terrorism.....

That's correct in only his 1st week as "Americas" president, some of his bigger orders of business were catering to muslim interests.

Aside from promising government made and regulated vehicles, promising to see that as many jobs as possible in the construction of highways and bridges will go to non white males, and announcing intentions of basically silencing talk shows that are hostile to liberal positions.

Oh what you poor poor conservatives must be going through. Sucks when the guy you vote for doesn't win, huh? Now you've had a week to see what life has been like for the liberal minded for the last eight years. It's a looong, haaaard road, but keep your chin up. You'll start looking forward to the summer Olympics more than ever because that is when you know it's close to votin' time baby!!

I'm giving you a hard time, but in all seriousness, I hope Obama's changes (somewhat radical in the eyes of the conservatives) have a positive end result (clearly, who would wish otherwise). I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a tad skeptical about some of the moves so far, but I also feel he has better intentions and greater foresight for the good of our country than did the last administration (not saying much, I'll admit). Afterall, its politics!! You can't expect everyone to be happy. Maybe he'll do something you like soon.. like, hell I dunno, give every family a kitten. NAY! I SAY two kittens, so they'll never be lonely.

Guest BEAVERTAIL
This aside from endorsing with MY tax dollars a political program directed not at the public good and at a political program I vehemently disagree with.

Ok I may be off base here, but are you referring to the 4 billion dollars set aside for that voting group ACORN? The one that registered some people like 80 times, that tried to promote voting but instead promoted Obama? This isnt sour grapes about the election and voting fraud, but if we give 4 billion to a obviously corrupt group... Wow.

worst way, you didn't mention that 1 of his 1st orders of business was to start the process of closing down gitmo, after that exposing and closing down cia safe houses throughout europe and the middle east, denounced harsh interrogation practices, and did his very 1st sit down interview as a president in a muslim country for a muslim population, promising to negotiate as a means of diplomacy. A guaranteed proven failure in managing terrorism.....

That's correct in only his 1st week as "Americas" president, some of his bigger orders of business were catering to muslim interests.

Aside from promising government made and regulated vehicles, promising to see that as many jobs as possible in the construction of highways and bridges will go to non white males, and announcing intentions of basically silencing talk shows that are hostile to liberal positions.

I don't agree with closing down Guantanamo, either. The prisoners there are not American citizens and were caught as part of terrorist organizations openly hostile toward the United States. They are not in any way afforded the Constitutional protections guaranteed to American citizens, and have every right to be tried in a military tribunal. Of course, my views contradict with the majority of the Supreme Court in Hamdi and Hamdan, but these are my firm beliefs. Should it take the tribunals 6-7 years to try the detainees? Of course it shouldn't, and that's government oversight. But closing down Guantanamo isn't the answer, either. It's like trying to take down a rabbit with a deer rifle.

I actually do agree with Obama at least talking with Iran. Not talking with Hamas/Hezbollah, because they deserve no claim to legitimacy, but talking with Iran perhaps. Give them a chance. If their goal is the "ultimate eradication of Israel" and to fund the terrorists who do, then we're not going to see eye-to-eye, and we should shun them. At least show out enemies that we'll at least give them the time of day.

But outside of this, I have to thank you for giving me even more reason to bemoan the future. I honestly think Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He's sure acting like it.

Ok I may be off base here, but are you referring to the 4 billion dollars set aside for that voting group ACORN? The one that registered some people like 80 times, that tried to promote voting but instead promoted Obama? This isnt sour grapes about the election and voting fraud, but if we give 4 billion to a obviously corrupt group... Wow.

That, too. The same group that was an obvious red flag before the election and is reaping the benefit of its candidate's victory. It's like all my worst election-night fears are coming true.

I don't agree with closing down Guantanamo, either. The prisoners there are not American citizens and were caught as part of terrorist organizations openly hostile toward the United States. They are not in any way afforded the Constitutional protections guaranteed to American citizens, and have every right to be tried in a military tribunal. Of course, my views contradict with the majority of the Supreme Court in Hamdi and Hamdan, but these are my firm beliefs. Should it take the tribunals 6-7 years to try the detainees? Of course it shouldn't, and that's government oversight. But closing down Guantanamo isn't the answer, either. It's like trying to take down a rabbit with a deer rifle.

I actually do agree with Obama at least talking with Iran. Not talking with Hamas/Hezbollah, because they deserve no claim to legitimacy, but talking with Iran perhaps. Give them a chance. If their goal is the "ultimate eradication of Israel" and to fund the terrorists who do, then we're not going to see eye-to-eye, and we should shun them. At least show out enemies that we'll at least give them the time of day.

But outside of this, I have to thank you for giving me even more reason to bemoan the future. I honestly think Obama doesn't know what he's doing. He's sure acting like it.

I don't actually consider it a problem with offering some real talk with iran at this point considering they haven't actually committed an act of war against the u.s., but, it's a double edged sword because it is backing up an already weak appearance in his foreign policy agendas in dealing with the war on terror, but regardless they also have to realize that this is iran and they are a terrorist state and that negotiations aren't likely going to stop iran's uranium works.

That said I think he knows exactly what he's doing, not that it's in America's best interest.