Signing Day!!!

wvuraiders

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

beat me to it....

I thought this page on ESPN was really cool

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/notebook?page=notebook/signingdaypreview

They have a chart with 6 BCS schools and who is the best at doing what in each conference, They have (Best recruiter, best uniforms, best stadium, best gameday, best academics, best campus life etc...)

Nice point. My opinion is he will attend a prep school and try to get his grades to what they need to be.

Early playing time was a huge sell to Moses. I don't see him prepping, whereever he goes.

It's either UVA or UNC (according to the Rivals experts), and UNC fans seem to be unusually pessimistic about their chances.

And he's said he's announcing tomorrow.

I'm getting a text message sent to my phone by WVU everytime they get a recruit

so far.... And I'm going in the order that I've been receiving them since 7:30 this morning..

1. Logan Heastie, WR

2. Jordan Weingart, OL

3. Curtis feigt, DL

4. Nick Kindler, OL

5. Chris Snook, FB/TE

6. Branko Busick, LB

7. Cole Bowers, OL

Edited by bluefieldRocks

Speaking of Snook, I'm interested to see what WVU will do with him. Snook stood out to recruiters as both a fullback and linebacker, being recruited heavily for both positions. Scout has him as the #2 fullback and Rivals has him as #34 outside linebacker.

Marshall picked up a HUGE recruit this morning...

Quarterback A.J. Graham, Mr. Football in Florida, committed this morning to play. He beat out WVU commit Geno Smith for the award. It will be neat seeing two of the top quarterbacks in FL battle it out for the next four seasons in WV. Graham could be the type of player to turn around the football program in Huntington. When a good quarterback shows up, receivers start to fall in place.

Also, following him to Huntington is local C.J. Crawford and South Charleston's Aaron Dobson.

I'm getting a text message sent to my phone by WVU everytime they get a recruit

so far.... And I'm going in the order that I've been receiving them since 7:30 this morning..

1. Logan Heastie, WR

2. Jordan Weingart, OL

3. Curtis feigt, DL

4. Nick Kindler, OL

5. Chris Snook, FB/TE

6. Branko Busick, LB

7. Cole Bowers, OL

http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/836033.html just check this link on and off and it shows the order which they come in.

hope not carter will be losing out w/ the gophers.

Michael Carter to Gophers, drops West Virginia

Rated No. 17 nationally among cornerbacks, Michael Carter of Ely (Pompano Beach, Fla.) has changed his pledge to Minnesota and decommitted from the Mountaineers.

Carter also considered Florida, Georgia and Miami-Florida.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

Speaking of Pompano Ely, that school just spits out D-1 recruits. Every year they have at least one big time guy coming from there.

And who says that smaller schools are taking away recruits from big time programs? LSU, USC, and Florida are loaded in their classes, AGAIN, and will be set for the next five years of college football. The recruits these schools are getting is unreal.

Edited by GetMoney55

http://westvirginia.scout.com/2/836033.html just check this link on and off and it shows the order which they come in.

I clicked the link and saw Keyser's Taige Redman on the committed list. Correct me if I'm wrong, but did he walk-on? I know he had offers from Marshall and Ohio, but Marshall ended up pulling theirs because he took too long to accept it and another target came along. So he went ahead and committed to Ohio. Did he back out on Ohio to walk-on at WVU?

Michael Carter to Gophers, drops West Virginia

Rated No. 17 nationally among cornerbacks, Michael Carter of Ely (Pompano Beach, Fla.) has changed his pledge to Minnesota and decommitted from the Mountaineers.

Carter also considered Florida, Georgia and Miami-Florida.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/onthetrail

Not bashing the Gophers....but seriously why would anyone wanna go to Minnesota over WVU?? I could understand the early playing time issue but WVU will be losing Lankster and if Carter is as good as advertised then he should have no problem fitting right in.....

Maybe the idea of playing indoors appealed to him.....i dont know

Good luck to him..

but had young talent their already and signed some good cb's will be a top 25 class in the end, which is good...will pick up some guys toward then end overall as good a class on paper as wvu has seen in a long long time.

I'm curious why Carter changed his commitment to Minnesota. I guess he wants to play for a .500 team and start his freshman year insted of competing for a CB slot and competing for a bigeast title and a bowl game.... WOW

and I thought Taige Redman comitted to Ohio, but apparently WVU asked him to walk on or something

Marshall picked up a HUGE recruit this morning...

Quarterback A.J. Graham, Mr. Football in Florida, committed this morning to play. He beat out WVU commit Geno Smith for the award. It will be neat seeing two of the top quarterbacks in FL battle it out for the next four seasons in WV. Graham could be the type of player to turn around the football program in Huntington. When a good quarterback shows up, receivers start to fall in place.

Also, following him to Huntington is local C.J. Crawford and South Charleston's Aaron Dobson.

Not trying to take a jab at Marshall, but why would he want to play for them? Insted of a better school down south?

Virginia Tech got a huge surprise this morning when they got a LOI from Jayron Hosley, a four star DB from Delray Beach, FL. He was a solid South Florida lean and came to Blacksburg for a vist over the weekend and signed with the Hokies. Hosley made the third four star player in this class for the Hokies. Virginia Tech also has 13 three star recruits. 20 players altogether sent LOI to Blacksburg this morning with 15 of them coming from the Commonwealth of Virginia. V.T. got the top two players in the Commonwealth per The Roanoke Times rankings.