Three rivers

vipermjr06

Who will be king of the roost this year, will it be Radford with their tough schedule, Floyd with their 7 returning state runner-up players or Giles with their D-1 anchored OFF AND DEF Line. Give me your take and why?:cool:

I can only comment on FLoyd. I have heard good things about this group. Working in the weight room. Word is the soph qb is going to be very good. Floyd lost the qb and nearly all receivers but I hear they will be fine. Most of the line returns and they have very capable running backs returning as well. Should be interesting.

Who will be king of the roost this year, will it be Radford with their tough schedule, Floyd with their 7 returning state runner-up players or Giles with their D-1 anchored OFF AND DEF Line. Give me your take and why?:cool:

Can you shed some light on the D-1 anchored lines for Giles?

Im a Giles fan and Libery IS NOT Division 1....1-AA is not the same thing. It's a step down from the VT,UVA and teams like that. Good for Ray though a scholly there is the same as a D-1 if I'm not mistaken everything is paid for and that's the main thing for him and his family....Congrats Mr Ray can't wait to watch you this year!

once again as his nick states..vhslhelper..lol...i'm thinking he knows more than most of us.i think he has corrected us all at one time or another..glad to see all of you back..i really missed all the football chatter.

right. The NCAA doesn't use 1-A and 1-AA anymore.

All those guys are (and always were) D-1 guys.

And "1-AA is not the same thing"?

I think more that a few Wolverines would tell you different.

1-AA will ALWAYS be 1-AA to me...

Back to the topic at hand three rivers. I expect Giles to be good this year. FLoyd will be equally as good. Both teams will be very big and physical. SHould be interesting to say the least.

Any one who gets a scholarship to play football at a level above Division II, I consider a D1 player. This A AA stuff is just to classify the bigger schools. Sounds like the posts suggest that he is a mediocur player that just could,nt make it to the big show at VT or UVA. SAD VERY SAD!

Watched a few practices, and Giles is looking good. The two 6-5, 300 pound linemen are defenately going to move some people. They are strong and quick. And the rest of the line is big too, but more like 200-240. The backs are executing well, and we have more speed. The full back and tailbacks are over 200 lbs. If the defense makes big improvements this year, we will be back to the same old Giles. The JV looks good too.

Are there two brothers playing on varsity this year for giles? I seem to remember a Robertson on JV last year. I know there are 5 of them boys total.

Yeah there are 2 Robertsons on Giles varsity...don't know much about the younger one but the older one has some talent but is very soft. Alot of time laying on the field during games...Kid has tons of talent but needs to get a little tougher....you sure you don't know the Robertson boys? LOL

If the kid comes to play we could be pretty good this year....But if he does like the last couple years and lays on the field 3-4 times a year then we will be what we were last year Average.....It's up to Robertson to decide if he wants to give it 100% or not....for the team and fans sake I hope he decides to tough it up a little this year