Caravan to Protest Obama in Bristol on Wed.

bucfan64

all those that complain about Obama on here didn't go give him a piece of their mind? Tisk tisk.....it seems that many on here are full of hot air. Take off work and do your "duty" as many of you say it is.

And I'm sure you dropped everything and exercised your right to express your feelings to G.W. Bush personally while he held office.

Obama is falling flat on his face all by himself. He doesn't need much help, if any.

And I'm sure you dropped everything and exercised your right to express your feelings to G.W. Bush personally while he held office.

Obama is falling flat on his face all by himself. He doesn't need much help, if any.

wow...when was Bush ever in the area doing town hall meetings during his 8 years? I must have missed that...I would have gone and tried to get something signed lol.

all those that complain about Obama on here didn't go give him a piece of their mind? Tisk tisk.....it seems that many on here are full of hot air. Take off work and do your "duty" as many of you say it is.

And you spoke with Bush how many times?

As if anyone would have spoken with the president or been able to attend the town meeting and even had the microphone.

If others preferred to protest in such ways as showing up outside with signs so be it, but that's not a duty, the only real "duty" is to vote with an informed vote, and if someone intends to be active a better way is to do exactly as mentioned in a different topic, educate people on the matters, point out what's in the proposals, so that other people's votes are properly educated, it's as simple as that.....

actually i was at the Va High Obama-thon and there was a crazy old guy that did get to talk and tried toask some tuff questions...only problem is that, as mentioned before, he was crazy...so all you got was a bunch of hooey...but, to his credit he hung in there and continued to yell out stuff at random at various times...Obama seemed to get a kick out of him.

wow...when was Bush ever in the area doing town hall meetings during his 8 years? I must have missed that...I would have gone and tried to get something signed lol.

Of course Bush wasn`t trying to push some crap health care plan either. That is the only reason Obama was in the area, to push over the "great" health care plan.

Of course Bush wasn`t trying to push some crap health care plan either. That is the only reason Obama was in the area, to push over the "great" health care plan.

ok...just asking when was Bush here? 8 years... I'm sure he was around here at some point?

Guest BEAVERTAIL

Obama visits everywhere.

Why?

All he knows is how to campaign. He has rarely spent time in Washington. He loves the spotlight and loves to bask in it. So, he hits the road.

Obama visits everywhere.

Why?

All he knows is how to campaign. He has rarely spent time in Washington. He loves the spotlight and loves to bask in it. So, he hits the road.

He spends a lot of time visiting and answering questions in "town hall sessions". He's not exactly down at the ranch. He's still working.

Guest BEAVERTAIL

No, campaigning.

A lot of his meetings have set up questions. He knows where all of the media sits, and who to pick on. He is campaigning all the time, just like the PR effort last night at the summit.

No, campaigning.

A lot of his meetings have set up questions. He knows where all of the media sits, and who to pick on. He is campaigning all the time, just like the PR effort last night at the summit.

Campaigning is exactly what they're doing, in this case they're campaigning for these policies they're pushing, health care and cap and trade.

It's damage control for the increased knowledge the public has of what the policies themselves are about more than anything else. These are pr stunts and nothing more.

it's a simple question...during Bush's 8 years and the campaigns that went with them...how many times was he in our "area"...I seem to remember at least once he was here or in Kingsport...figured one of you guys might know?

i was reading the BHC article about Obama's latest visit and they had an interview with the lady that runs something at the airport in Tri Cities and she was talking about other presidents that have visited and mentioned that the older Bush was the nicest and had actually come over to talk to the and gave them some sort of little hat...it was more about Air Force One than the Presidents though.

Has anyone noticed, the meeting in Bristol was private and not public, it was with a Union and not general non-union employees.

The ABC Primetime Special included a hand-picked audience and there were no rebuttals allowed from a dissenting point of view.

President Obama, does not like opposition, few of us do, but when you are the president of the United States, you should be prepared for it and encourage opposing views.

Seems to me like he only wishes to cater to like minded constituents......

FieldGeneral,

I went to Bristol, with the intent of giving him a piece of my mind and then some, but a meeting that I was in, went over the 2:00 pm deadline and I had no choice. Furthermore, I can show the president what I think about him through the activism that I am involved with.

In the coming elections, I have made a personal vow to myself not too mention emails and letters to Rick Boucher, and Governor wantabe Creigh Deeds that I, as an individual will do everything that I can to see to it that they are removed from office.

Go drink some Kool-Aid........

Has anyone noticed, the meeting in Bristol was private and not public, it was with a Union and not general non-union employees.

The ABC Primetime Special included a hand-picked audience and there were no rebuttals allowed from a dissenting point of view.

President Obama, does not like opposition, few of us do, but when you are the president of the United States, you should be prepared for it and encourage opposing views.

Seems to me like he only wishes to cater to like minded constituents......

Many of the people who were able to ask questions in the Kroger did oppose him and he addressed their concerns. Obviously, he didn't sway them all, but they all agreed (at least the ones interviewed) that they now better understood his plan.

I heard he also addressed protesters, but I could be mistaken on that one.

FieldGeneral,

I went to Bristol, with the intent of giving him a piece of my mind and then some, but a meeting that I was in, went over the 2:00 pm deadline and I had no choice. Furthermore, I can show the president what I think about him through the activism that I am involved with.

In the coming elections, I have made a personal vow to myself not too mention emails and letters to Rick Boucher, and Governor wantabe Creigh Deeds that I, as an individual will do everything that I can to see to it that they are removed from office.

Go drink some Kool-Aid........

you all and your kool aid lol

Some were talking about it days in advance.....schedule that day and go....that way you can give that peace of mind and throw those peaches......don't really care who went if any...I just find it kind of funny that some were going and then.....well I couldn't make it. If you are as passionate in your cause as you say, you make sacrifices. Just my opinion.