Who will win the southwest district this year?

bgwahoo

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what i said my friend I think they had a couple of transfers come in today but others was just kids coming out to give it a try. If i had to guess most of the ones that came out today were 9th or 10th grade probably not going to stick with it but even if it was just for one day that is a pretty good number now its time to see if it holds up.

Nope, Richlands will have 174 kids out tomorrow, because they are sooooo amazing. Then Vince Lombardi will come back from the dead and proclaim them SWD champions for life.

Dude i was just trying to let folks know what was going on this end of the county we could have 174 kids or we could have 20 tommarrow i only know what was there today and yesterday. Was not trying to give them the SWD or anything like that as a matter of fact I am picking the abingdon falcons to be the ones to take it home this year with Richlands finishing 2nd.

Alright everyone calm down. The middle school came and went through the drills with the JV. So you had 3 different squads on the field at one time. The Varsity has around 42, the JV has around 20 to 25 and the middle school had about the same as the JV.

Edited by mrb

Guest lookoutmountain

Quote by Loshey......"Nope, Richlands will have 174 kids out tomorrow, because they are sooooo amazing. Then Vince Lombardi will come back from the dead and proclaim them SWD champions for life. "

Loshey, whether Richlands has 11 kids or 200 kids, you would agree as of right now, however amazing any other team in the SWD is, Richlands is a little more amazing. Based on what they've done the past 5-6 years and what other teams in the SWD haven't done compared to them, you would agree they are a little more amazing than the others? Richlands did have 90 players on the field grades 9-12, and the 62 number was the varsity team with a blend of 10th graders. There is a reason Richlands has 90 or so out for football grades 9 through 12 compared to the other SWD schools. Wouldn't you agree? They must be doing something right, but...if they are doing something wrong, then it evidently isn't as wrong as the other SWD schools. Until another SWD school wins the SWD, Richlands is the Graham of the 90's and early 2000's of the SWD. They are doiminating it. If anyone is going to knock them off, they better do it this year because after this year, they are loaded for at least 3 more years.

Abingdon or Lebanon. One of the two.

I don't understand all this Abingdon talk......they must have been sand-bagging in all those 7 on 7 competitions. Seems like every year they are supposed to content for the title but it never happens. Call me skeptical.

I don't understand all this Abingdon talk......they must have been sand-bagging in all those 7 on 7 competitions. Seems like every year they are supposed to content for the title but it never happens. Call me skeptical.

It was the same thing last year. We heard people saying this is the Falcons year. I`m a Marion alum and I pull for my school but you have to be realistic.

I think its the fact that everyone else in the SWD, besides Richlands, is going to be that bad this season...Abingdon has a chance to finish near the top of the SWD...

I think its the fact that everyone else in the SWD, besides Richlands, is going to be that bad this season...Abingdon has a chance to finish near the top of the SWD...

Why do you feel Graham is going to be bad? Do you think they will be better than they were last year?

Why do you feel Graham is going to be bad?

I just do...

Do you think they will be better than they were last year?

No...I will be very surprised if they win four games...

Don't get mad at me for giving answers you don't want to hear, its just how I see this season going...I would love to see the G-Men win every game, you know that...but this season could be very long and ugly...

I just do...

No...I will be very surprised if they win four games...

Don't get mad at me for giving answers you don't want to hear, its just how I see this season going...I would love to see the G-Men win every game, you know that...but this season could be very long and ugly...

No...I'm certainly not mad..just wondering what your reasons were. I was thinking with all the seniors and the juniors we have we should be a very experienced team. Plus, there really does seem to be a lot more chemistry with this team.

Blue Tornadoes all the way for the next 4 years! They are still a young team and did not loose many players from the 2008 team.

and dont forget they recuit as good as graham did under carlock

Another ignorant comment about recruiting. I have little doubt that the coaches in question pitched the benefits of attending said schools but the reality is simple. Kids from WV have choosen to attend Graham in the past because the were winning and had a great coach. Kids are flocking to Richlands now because they win ball games and they have a great coach. These 4 talented kids from BigCreek have made the best decision possible by choosing to play for a proven winner. And for the record, I support Tazewell High but still look forward to seeing how these guys develope in one of the true local school football SYSTEMS in this end of the state.

Another ignorant comment about recruiting. I have little doubt that the coaches in question pitched the benefits of attending said schools but the reality is simple. Kids from WV have choosen to attend Graham in the past because the were winning and had a great coach. Kids are flocking to Richlands now because they win ball games and they have a great coach. These 4 talented kids from BigCreek have made the best decision possible by choosing to play for a proven winner. And for the record, I support Tazewell High but still look forward to seeing how these guys develope in one of the true local school football SYSTEMS in this end of the state.

first of all i am far from ignorant. and know much more about it than you. the 4 kids from bigcreek left a far more historic program than richlands and also left an opportunity to take the owls to the state championship in the last yr of the program there... talking about going down in history. thats the stuff hollywood loves. and yeah they do recruit at every school. but what i said was a joke. like it or not if you take away the 5 impact players that moved there just for football, than you would have a very different team. if i had a son playing and had a choice for coaches id want him to play for richlands

Hahahaha Hey jets....hollywoods a long way away, so even if they had stayed and made an incredible run to state, your dreams of becoming a movie star were still probly not gonna happen. Don't beat yourself up about it.

Blue Tornadoes all the way for the next 4 years! They are still a young team and did not loose many players from the 2008 team.

Richlands should be good this year, however they lost about 15-20 seniors from the 2008 team, most of which were impact players.