Grid-O-Rama

Bulldogs52

How did the teams look? I got a call from a friend that I work with that is from Richlands, and he said they didn't look that impressive, but stormed through George Wythe, also he stated that Graham was laying the smack down on everyone... Like to hear other peoples views of today's action at Mitchell Stadium...

i think people are in for a surprise. even tho it was a scrimmage graham looked very good on both sides of the ball. offense was moving the ball and the d was stopping almost everything. richlands looked ok but not as good as i thought they would.

zack mickel,tanner howell were very good running the ball.byrd caught several tds. overall graham looked good. patrick co. and fleming looked pretty good too.GW is rebuilding and have some work to do.hidden valley i dont know much about them,but they need some work too.richlands had a tough time running on patrick and fleming but they were throwing very well against GW,but so was everyone else.Graham went 3-1 lost to fleming 14-13 .Grahams first team beat Patrick co. 7-0 i think they beat HV 20-0 and dont even remember the GW score but it was a few to none.Grahams defense was faster than i expected,and very physical and aggressive.but its early and we all know these are just scrimmages.when game time comes nobody will look the same.good luck to all teams.

excerpt:

By JED LOCKETT

Bluefield Daily Telegraph

BLUEFIELD — The official start of high school football season is still two weeks away. But a person walking into Mitchell Stadium may not have known it.

Friday night, Graham High School hosted a six-team football scrimmage event at the facility, welcoming Richlands, George Wythe, William Fleming, Hidden Valley and Patrick County.

http://www.bdtonline.com/localsports/local_story_226223738.html?keyword=topstory