Tazewell @ Gate City thoughts?

applebarn

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tazewell can win but its hard at Legion Field.......a few turnovers and good breaks will certainly help Tazewell......it will be interesting to see how these young Dawgs will react to playing at the toughest homefield in Southwest Virginia

Gate City's Quarterback was really fast number 15 really fast off the corners. There fullback is a beast too. He was chopping away at the middle of the d line of Richlands. Tazewell will have there hands full. To look at gate city they are small but man they are fast.

GC is not unbeatable but you have to have a good defense to stop the run and get your offense on the field. Playing GC your O don't have many chances so get while you can. When GC wins I dont think it will be with alot of points b/c the style of O they play. I like GC in this one 21-10.

GC is not unbeatable but you have to have a good defense to stop the run and get your offense on the field. Playing GC your O don't have many chances so get while you can. When GC wins I dont think it will be with alot of points b/c the style of O they play. I like GC in this one 21-10.

No they are definately not unbeatable. They have at least 2 losses I know for sure comming their way.

I think the Lebanon/Richlands and Tazewell/Richlands games will be hard fought games. Tazewell wants to beat Richlands so bad they cant stand it, they havent tasted victory over the Blues in a long time, so I think that will be a exciting game.

p.valley and tazewell beat an average gate city team.go blues!!!

Tazewell will have their hands full! But if they can go out and play smart football, I like their chances... I hate that I have to miss this game... Anyone have and idea how long it takes to get GC from Tazewell.

Tazewell will have their hands full! But if they can go out and play smart football, I like their chances... I hate that I have to miss this game... Anyone have and idea how long it takes to get GC from Tazewell.

Probably hour and 15 to 20 minutes--give or take a few minutes

This is turning at Hansonville on to Rt 58 (directions have been posted on here to GC--believe it is under a Bluefield thread)

Life has many choices---eternity two

Probably hour and 15 to 20 minutes--give or take a few minutes

This is turning at Hansonville on to Rt 58 (directions have been posted on here to GC--believe it is under a Bluefield thread)

Life has many choices---eternity two

yeah, thanks! I know how to get there, I was just trying to figure out if I do go what time I would get there leaving work at 6.

Sullivan South and Bluefield. I hope I am proved wrong though. I am borderline on VAHigh, Powell Valley, Tazewell, and Lebanon.

I have a lot of confidence in bluefield but you never know with good teams, such as gate city or bluefield, it's sports and sometimes you can't believe that your team looks the way they do in 1 game and so completely different in another. Especially due to mental attitude and "showing up", or not, for a game. Hopefully this bluefield team doesn't get arrogant. Anyhow I expect a competitive game at gate city regardless.

Do you all have any expectations of being able to compete with sullivan south at all? Not to undermine the team there but I know the rebels are a top notch team, and perhaps there's a considerable size difference between the schools? Have yall ever played them before? That's an intriguing game.

I don't know if you know it but bluefield's played sullivan south 3 times before, I'd really enjoy seeing them schedule another series eventually.

It's going to be tough. I think the numbers may catch up to us in that one. We scrimmaged South a couple of times and spanked them pretty good from what I remember, but this isn't the same program as it was then. We haven't scrimmaged them in 10 years or so I don't think. They're big, and very very quick. Hopefully we do well against Tazewell this week then we can see what the boys can do against South.

I just hope we come out of that game healthy. We have a huge game at Lebanon the following week.

When a team runs the spread well, it scares me to death. They run it as well as anyone.

Enrollment wise, they list 1,110. I think GC has 680 (give or take). They're also ranked #3 in 5A this week.

After watching Gate city the other night Tazewell may be in for a long night. The key for

Tazewell well be if their line can block a very good D-line for GC and give the dogs Qb

time to throw the ball.

There is a reason that line is so quick.

http://www.timesnews.net/article.php?id=9012738

The coach played lineman at VT.

yeah, thanks! I know how to get there, I was just trying to figure out if I do go what time I would get there leaving work at 6.

You would get there at kickoff or a little later. Depends on how fast you are driving.:D