Gate City is the real deal

Guest lookoutmountain

We filled it up pretty well the other night and where even sitting in the middle of the GC fans on that side as well!

I agree with you. You all did fill it up well which rarely happens. I was glad to see it and it was also good to hear fans there that we can cheer back and forth with. I'm just saying that typically it is not filled and that if people arrive earlier that they could use more of the "visitor" side.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE=Lance;192167]do you really expect more from that crowd? lol. Guess someone has to get hurt before it's a "problem".

Wow! And this from and Administrater whose job is to keep the peace on here. I really dont blame the people from Gate City for getting so pissed about the actions of the people on this thread. You guys are making the Southwest District look bad! Been a member here for almost 2 years now with 2 posts in total. I usually just read but this thread has got out of hand and the dang ring leader is an Admin. If That is how the board is run I dont care for it.

Wow! And this from and Administrater whose job is to keep the peace on here. I really dont blame the people from Gate City for getting so pissed about the actions of the people on this thread. You guys are making the Southwest District look bad! Been a member here for almost 2 years now with 2 posts in total. I usually just read but this thread has got out of hand and the dang ring leader is an Admin. If That is how the board is run I dont care for it.

OK then...goodbye...:eek:

Bluefield probably will beat us, they have an outstanding program. South probably will too, but in the long run, those 2 games have NO bearing on our season. Next week at Lebanon will be the biggest game we've played up to date.

i am just giving my opinion like everyone else does...sorry if you dont agree.

OK then...goodbye...:eek:

You just banned my brother for that? That is really funny. He always liked coming on here to read and never really posted any but when he lets his opinion known he gets banned? Did not say anything out of line at all. That just shows how insecure you guys are.

Was he really banned?

Yes. Just for saying he did not care for the way the board was run. Said this thread should have been locked along time ago. Espeacially when I started running my mouth. He was the whole reason appologized for my actions. The Admin here are real classacts.

Yes. Just for saying he did not care for the way the board was run. Said this thread should have been locked along time ago. Espeacially when I started running my mouth. He was the whole reason appologized for my actions. The Admin here are real classacts.

i didn't ban anyone...you sent me a PM requesting your account be removed and I didn't even do that...it screws up the posts when you do that so I try not to delete people unless it's really needed...and I see you are still posting. So..not sure what the deal is but i didn't ban him/her.

i didn't ban anyone...you sent me a PM requesting your account be removed and I didn't even do that...it screws up the posts when you do that so I try not to delete people unless it's really needed...and I see you are still posting. So..not sure what the deal is but i didn't ban him/her.

GMan did

QUOTE=Lance;192167]do you really expect more from that crowd? lol. Guess someone has to get hurt before it's a "problem".

My bro said the message he got was he was banned because he asked to be banned. Look at his post. Where does he say Please ban me? He said people on here was making the SWD look bad but also told me that I was making GC look bad. He just thought with the way I posted in this thread and others too that the thread should have been locked down.

i think it's pretty clear whats been said here if you waste the time to read all 9 pages or so...i'm just saying what i saw at the game...i dont really have any more reason to support one team more than the other (other than Tazewell being in the SWD...but I'm not a Tazewell fan any more than I am a GC fan)...I just went to the game because I thought it was the best looking game on the schedule in my area and reported what I saw...seems the GC crowd got upset because I didn't come back and say it was a blowout for some reason...which, to me it wasnt...then we got started talking about the crowd down on the track...the truth was told and that wasn't popular with the GC crowd here either...well guys, I'm sorry it's not what you are wanting to hear but that's just the way I saw it...and I tend to tell it like I see it good or bad...I've not been Mr. Popular among the Grundy fans at times for telling it like it is either...all I can do is say my part and try to be honest about it...you don't have to agree or like it and maybe you were at the same game and see something completely different...to each his own...it's ok to not agree.

There are county deputies all over the place, and there have been many times they've stood behind the teams bench so that none of that stuff would happen. I'd love to see the "bad apples" weeded out. I'm just not sure how it can be done.

From an arial view of Legion Field, it is evident that the visitor side will accomodate more fans than the home side. Have they ever considered swapping to make the visitor side the home side? It's a great field to watch a game from anywhere.

i think it's pretty clear whats been said here if you waste the time to read all 9 pages or so...i'm just saying what i saw at the game...i dont really have any more reason to support one team more than the other (other than Tazewell being in the SWD...but I'm not a Tazewell fan any more than I am a GC fan)...I just went to the game because I thought it was the best looking game on the schedule in my area and reported what I saw...seems the GC crowd got upset because I didn't come back and say it was a blowout for some reason...which, to me it wasnt...then we got started talking about the crowd down on the track...the truth was told and that wasn't popular with the GC crowd here either...well guys, I'm sorry it's not what you are wanting to hear but that's just the way I saw it...and I tend to tell it like I see it good or bad...I've not been Mr. Popular among the Grundy fans at times for telling it like it is either...all I can do is say my part and try to be honest about it...you don't have to agree or like it and maybe you were at the same game and see something completely different...to each his own...it's ok to not agree.

You're honestly going to say the game wasn't a blowout? Holy cow. Three of Tazewell's scores came from kick returns, which 2 of those were touchdowns. Our QB ran for 220+ while our fullback ran for 190. Tazewell couldn't stop GC all night long, except when our freshman QB went into the game.

You went from those comments, to downing Gate City fans. This is the last post I'm making on it, and if you feel froggy enough to ban me for it, then have at it. I've been a member of this board for alot of years, and Sir YOU have caused just as much of the bs in this thread than anybody else. Good luck with your district.

I think this whole thread should be an agree to disagree thread and lets all move on. Good luck Tazewell and all the other SWD teams.

I'm just glad it isn't Richlands fans fighting, for a change. lol

It's actually sorta entertaining when you're not involved.

Damn..I didn't know this many folks paid attention to cheerleaders gettin run over..haha. IMO, football in SWVA is personified by a select few teams in this area...those teams being Gate City, Appalachia, Richlands, Lebanon, Clintwood, Graham, and Powell Valley..and you could even include Giles in that group if you want to go further out of the region. Those teams have brought the most glory to our little corner of the state than any of the others...and I guess that's why they are hated by the fans of nearly every other team in the region. That being said, I've always respected these teams because of the things they have accomplished...even as a player many moons ago, I never had any hatred towards my rivals because I understood that football was a game and that the folks in those other towns were basically the same as the folks in my home town. But, every place does have a few jackasses... Since I've been reading this forum tho, I'll bet most of those have a PC and user account on here..lol. But, why hate on GC?...they blasted Tazwell and that's all you can really say about that. The ref's didn't run over the Dawgs Defense, and a cheerleader or 2 getting bumped didn't affect the outcome, nor did anything else that happened outside of what happened on the field. On the field, the Devils took the Dawgs to the woodshed..pure and simple. Get over it folks, there's always next year.

Somewhere down the line people have missed multiple times where tazewell folks have admitted taking a beating frome gc. I don't think anyone from tazewell was trying to deny it....gc has an excellent football team. The whole stink of this has come from a non biased opinion that was blown out of context, and during the heat of all of it there was talk of bad hospitality from the gc side. It was just bad timing to mention the fans in the middle of misunderstandment of it all. Probably should have been in a different thread. Nobody from tazewell was trying to take anything from gc....gc has and excellent team this year. Thats it in a nutshell. Good luck to both teams.

Somewhere down the line people have missed multiple times where tazewell folks have admitted taking a beating frome gc. I don't think anyone from tazewell was trying to deny it....gc has an excellent football team. The whole stink of this has come from a non biased opinion that was blown out of context, and during the heat of all of it there was talk of bad hospitality from the gc side. It was just bad timing to mention the fans in the middle of misunderstandment of it all. Probably should have been in a different thread. Nobody from tazewell was trying to take anything from gc....gc has and excellent team this year. Thats it in a nutshell. Good luck to both teams.

And the biggest thing is No one will remember this in 100 years anyways.:D

If That is how the board is run I dont care for it.

Where does he say Please ban me?

That's enough for me. If he doesn't like it, he can leave...or I can take care of that, which I did.

As I asked in the above post...you want to be next???