Grundy Football

GrundyWinsAll

WOW! I am as critical as anyone, but the WAVE is playing ball. Lance, you will not believe this, Grundy ran the ball 90% of the plays. It appears Rowe has taken over the offensive play calling. Plymal has moved to the top of the press box. It reminded me of the 80's and early 90's when we rarely passed. 49-12 over Matewan impresses me. We looked good. Bergelow ran wild. Kelly ran well and so did McCowan. Go Wave!

WOW! I am as critical as anyone, but the WAVE is playing ball. Lance, you will not believe this, Grundy ran the ball 90% of the plays. It appears Rowe has taken over the offensive play calling. Plymal has moved to the top of the press box. It reminded me of the 80's and early 90's when we rarely passed. 49-12 over Matewan impresses me. We looked good. Bergelow ran wild. Kelly ran well and so did McCowan. Go Wave!

I heard that tonight...I think that is the way it should have been for years now...there is no need for all that fancy stuff, just play football...more than happy to see the Wave at 3-0 on the year...not saying they are back to form or anything, but it's just good to see those kids get a few wins, they deserve some congrats...there has not been much for Grundy fans to be happy about for a few years now.

I was worried about this one...just glad to see them win another one.

I like Plymal, but this is exactly what Grundy has needed to do for a long time now.

Tonight proved Grundy can play ball. They are on the verge of turing some heads. It don't think they can win the district, but they should be able to knock off a district team or two. This is an important year for the Wave. It is their last hoorah in AA and they have been everybodies wimping boy for 5 seasons now.

With Kelly under center and Berglowe running the ball like he did tonight Grundy isn't a push over for anybody. Berglowe had 200 + yards on the ground and a kick off returned for a touchdown. Kelly has developed into a good passer than usually puts the ball exactly where it needs to be. Ben Rife and Cody Justice are excellent recievers. You also have to mention Daniel Lowe and Jake McCown for some decent packs. Dillion O'Quinn has great speed and had many good plays as a D back. Not to mention Cody Rife who is a pretty fair runner when he gets the chance and is a superb tackler. Eric Hodge is making some good plays on the defensive line. #55 also made some great plays tonight on defense. Plus this is the first time in years I've seen Grundy hit. Alot of pad were popped tonight.

Congrats to the Golden Wave

and I'm still impressed with the changes I saw Friday night. First, I like that we are playing some "cup cakes" early to build morale and to get some unity on the field. Second, The Offensive Play Calling has gone to the Spread running game. I think we need to work Cody Justus into the mix a little more(all SWD Reciever). I do not know if he is our "Wild Wave" back or not, but he is a heck of an athlete that could play any position in any sport at the high school. Third, Greg Rowe...... You really surprised me. I always said the thing coach rowe did best was evaluate talent and form an offense with the talent he had in front of him. I think that this is what you have done. Kudos

and I'm still impressed with the changes I saw Friday night. First, I like that we are playing some "cup cakes" early to build morale and to get some unity on the field. Second, The Offensive Play Calling has gone to the Spread running game. I think we need to work Cody Justus into the mix a little more(all SWD Reciever). I do not know if he is our "Wild Wave" back or not, but he is a heck of an athlete that could play any position in any sport at the high school. Third, Greg Rowe...... You really surprised me. I always said the thing coach rowe did best was evaluate talent and form an offense with the talent he had in front of him. I think that this is what you have done. Kudos

I think they are doing just fine. They are SPREADING the ball around so everybody gets their touches and the other team can't key on one player. Cody will get his share of touches along with the rest of the TEAM.

It's about blessed time. lol. I think we always should have run the ball more, not being disrespectful of the quarterbacks the past several years, but from about 2001 to now, there has always been more talent at the running back position than the QB. Hipps, Luke dales, Both of the Marcums. But im just very pleased that grundy has started this well, its been waaaay overdue. good luck next week boys.

Congratulations to the Grundy Football Team. You guys showed our football team the meaning of playing team football Friday night. #21, you are one of the best running backs I have seen in a while. Your fans where great with many smiles and they showed great sportsmanship.

Good Luck!!!

Congratulations to the Grundy Football Team. You guys showed our football team the meaning of playing team football Friday night. #21, you are one of the best running backs I have seen in a while. Your fans where great with many smiles and they showed great sportsmanship.

Good Luck!!!

Very Classy post!

Congrats on your team this year guys ! I'm glad they are playing well. Grundy use to have a good football program and I hope it's on it's way there again. Back when I played in the 70's, we always knew that when we played them, it was going to be a hard fought game and a hard hitting game. I wish you guys good luck the rest of the year ( except when you play Richlands .....lol ).

Hope you guys do well in single A next year and represent our area !